Dow 2007

Well my SL got blown. Up +43 today and +192 for the week.

I should have done a lot better but scalping instead of letting them run as you rightly say. Still have a lot to learn.

We are at 23% retrace from the highs. If the DOW pulls off these levels and surges forward I would still view the 13700 and 14000 as a possibility.

I really would like to see more of a correction. I obviously do better in bear markets then bulls but next week should be interesting. If we have another bad week it will be three black crows.

I think that's it for me guys.

Have a great weekend and have fun.

all the best Atilla......enjoy the weekend

Well my SL got blown. Up +43 today and +192 for the week.

I should have done a lot better but scalping instead of letting them run as you rightly say. Still have a lot to learn.

We are at 23% retrace from the highs. If the DOW pulls off these levels and surges forward I would still view the 13700 and 14000 as a possibility.

I really would like to see more of a correction. I obviously do better in bear markets then bulls but next week should be interesting. If we have another bad week it will be three black crows.

I think that's it for me guys.

Have a great weekend and have fun.

Three black crows is bearish continuation. Not in a correction. This is a bull market. I'll need to see a break of 13000 before I am convinced otherwise. and that won't happen this week or next.

I wonder if counter_violent will drop in this week? No doubt he has taken another few thousand out of this phase of the market also.

I'm sore about my losses, but I've deposited additional margin and will resume trading on Monday with a £75 account. That gives me my Monday loss limit of £30, and I can still trade on Tuesday. Naturally I hope it won't come to that.

I see 50 breaking any minute now, but can't bear to paper trade at the moment.

Have a good weekend all.

i'm no eliottician, but this my taking of this correction so far

Attachments

• dow waves.gif
    dow waves.gif
    13 KB · Views: 144
FW....Famous Friday up day 2row ?? It's possible Asia tanks,Europe follows,US pre-market down heavy.... up,up and away....

i posted this y'day......why can't I trade the plan.....let my emotions get in the way today and was obsessed with short and 13200 target....ironically I could've picked up a long @ 13200 pre-market......:eek:

short was when SPX broke 1510....I'm expecting a fairly powerful move going into options expiry next week,just trying to figure out what level they'll pick it up from.......13200 seems as good as any....week b4 expiry normally opposite move.....if 13200 goes will have to rethink my tactics.....:rolleyes:

I posted this as well....the more I look back on what was going through my head yesterday,the more annoyed I am with myself for not following through with the plan..... I had a cunning plan....:LOL:

Just didn't put it in place....plonker...:eek:

oh well....**** happens

Good weekend to all

I posted this as well....the more I look back on what was going through my head yesterday,the more annoyed I am with myself for not following through with the plan..... I had a cunning plan....:LOL:

Just didn't put it in place....plonker...:eek:

oh well....**** happens

Good weekend to all

Hi Steve,

Snap mate, I feel the same. If you read my guestimation for the market yesterday on this thread #3085

My plan was to watch and was expecting some correction. As it happens we've broken 13400+ and so I feel next week we have a rise.

In all honesty I find my analysis is 90% correct but sticking to the plan is more difficult.

On the fantasy trade I shorted the lot at the beginning of the week really feeling confident about the turn but in reality on my live system I feel I got peanuts compared to what was possible.

As for today as you say for some reason having closed my positions after 13300s started shorting it again and lost my number one spot.

Stick to the plan. I'll have to remember that.

Still a better week than last couple of weeks but feel missed out on bigger opportunity.

You live you learn you die a wise man who led a stupid life. :cheesy: (I'm referring to my self here :eek: - I better qualify)

Or another favourite of mine,

Life is a beach and then you drown...:LOL:

That's life.

Hi Attila,
If I fell in a bucket of tits today i'd have come out sucking my thumb......:LOL:

Looks like we both had the answers staring us in the face as to where we were headed today...that's the bummer really :rolleyes:

Still.take confidence from the fact that we had the right plan....just cost us some lira that' s all....Besides we're only loaning the money to Mr.Market for the weekend...they'll have to give it back to us next week with interest.... :LOL:

Good Luck

Hi Attila,
If I fell in a bucket of tits today i'd have come out sucking my thumb......:LOL:

Looks like we both had the answers staring us in the face as to where we were headed today...that's the bummer really :rolleyes:

Still.take confidence from the fact that we had the right plan....just cost us some lira that' s all....Besides we're only loaning the money to Mr.Market for the weekend...they'll have to give it back to us next week with interest.... :LOL:

Good Luck

I had the right plan too (longs in the evening session). See my earlier post for details.

so where is the price? can only see indicators :cheesy: all that colour has made my eyes hurt :cheesy: better stick to indicatorless charts. ;)

Pretty horrible isn't it. It looks like it has been passed through a Gaussian blur filter.

I may not have the track record of the puretick.com guys, but my charts are a lot cleaner.

Currently, I have 3 timeframes of the YM with PV, and 3 min NYSE Tick. The worst indicator I have on the YM is the EMA.

What do you all think of the setup and comments from Puretick.

Chart layout here - 56k warning!

The main points seem to be charting the ES with the YM, the use of NYSE Tick with a 7 period RSI, 50T charts and 3 min charts of the YM,etc.

how anyone could seriously decide on making a trade based on that chart layout is beyond me......looks more like the cockpit controls in the space shuttle....:LOL:

I am sure this has been asked in the past but not being a techie,could someone please tell me the steps needed to post charts....also how to add info to other members posted charts....

Many Thanks

I am sure this has been asked in the past but not being a techie,could someone please tell me the steps needed to post charts....also how to add info to other members posted charts....

Many Thanks

steve

save your chart in a file - must be valid file extension
if you used "quick reply" click "go advanced"
scroll down and click "manage attachments" - shows valid file extensions
upload file
bingo

to add to other members charts you'll need to save screen (ctrl and print screen) put into paint, edit, save file, then as above.

cheers

jon

how anyone could seriously decide on making a trade based on that chart layout is beyond me......looks more like the cockpit controls in the space shuttle....:LOL:

Thank you. I felt like an inferior trader the first time I looked at that. I said to myself "A good trader would know what the market was doing based on this chart". I don't know why I thought like that....

It is pretty confusing. The point of my post was to draw attention to the comments the chap makes about his setup (7 period RSI on tick, 3 minute YM for candle patterns, etc) rather than the random noise mess.

Charting Instructions

Many Thanks
steve

save your chart in a file - must be valid file extension
if you used "quick reply" click "go advanced"
scroll down and click "manage attachments" - shows valid file extensions
upload file
bingo

to add to other members charts you'll need to save screen (ctrl and print screen) put into paint, edit, save file, then as above.

cheers

jon

Steve, barjon is quite correct about the uploading instructions. I'll add a few bits.

Valid extensions for images are: bmp gif jpe jpeg jpg png psd

if you are on Windows you can do the following:
Alt-PrtScn to take a screenshot of the current window, not the whole desktop.
PrtScn to take a screenshot of everything.
mspaint.exe (Windows paint), then Edit, Paste to get the image - you can edit it there and save.
Of course your charting software should have an image export feature.

The one thing I would disagree with barjon on (sorry) is using printscreen to get another member's chart. The quality of the chart would be better preserved by loading the image in your web browser, and saving it directly (save image as...) and using paint to edit it.

I am wondering if we have a techie resource on T2W. I wouldn't mind starting a thread to answer both common and tricky computer questions. I know quite a few here have an IT background, but we can't suppose everyone does. I've spotted the techies corner section, but there doesn't seem to be any actual guides stickied. Any ideas BarJon?

Microsoft has a page on screenshots, but beware that If you repeatedly press PRINT SCREEN, Windows XP may stop responding. (A modern computer OS which can't take screenshots without crashing! Sorry, please forgive my early morning MSFT bashing!)

Going a little offtopic, but here are screenshot instructions for Linux folk:

try import -window root ~/filename.png from a shell to take a screenshot called filename.png in your home directory.
sleep 5 && import -window root ~/filename.png from a shell will do the same after 5 seconds (which gives you a change to minimise the term)

This may work on Mac OSX with X11 also. Can a Mac user post screenshot instructions somewhere?

Steve, barjon is quite correct about the uploading instructions. I'll add a few bits.

mspaint.exe (Windows paint), then Edit, Paste to get the image - you can edit it there and save.

The one thing I would disagree with barjon on (sorry) is using printscreen to get another member's chart. The quality of the chart would be better preserved by loading the image in your web browser, and saving it directly (save image as...) and using paint to edit it.

I am wondering if we have a techie resource on T2W. I wouldn't mind starting a thread to answer both common and tricky computer questions. I know quite a few here have an IT background, but we can't suppose everyone does. I've spotted the techies corner section, but there doesn't seem to be any actual guides stickied. Any ideas BarJon?

Microsoft has a page on screenshots, but beware that If you repeatedly press PRINT SCREEN, Windows XP may stop responding. (A modern computer OS which can't take screenshots without crashing! Sorry, please forgive my early morning MSFT bashing!)

try import -window root ~/filename.png from a shell to take a screenshot called filename.png in your home directory.
sleep 5 && import -window root ~/filename.png from a shell will do the same after 5 seconds (which gives you a change to minimise the term)

This may work on Mac OSX with X11 also. Can a Mac user post screenshot instructions somewhere?

mac instructions.

open applications, open utilitys, locate program called grab and open it then go to capture, can then chose either desktop / current or select area....then save screenshot and up load as before....it does save as a tiff file though so save as one of those compatible with t2w as recomeded by lurker above...:cool:

hope this helps...

thanks barjon and LL,
I still seem to be struggling.....I've managed to get as far as getting the chart into paint and adding trendlines/notes etc.....but now hit a brickwall when trying to upload onto TTW..... e.g if I take a chart from Stockcharts is there any particular file extension I should use...bmp,gnf,png ???

Thanks guys,sorry to try your patience

thanks barjon and LL,
I still seem to be struggling.....I've managed to get as far as getting the chart into paint and adding trendlines/notes etc.....but now hit a brickwall when trying to upload onto TTW..... e.g if I take a chart from Stockcharts is there any particular file extension I should use...bmp,gnf,png ???

Thanks guys,sorry to try your patience

just to add,got as far as manage attatchments and upload file....but diddly squat happens....