Dow 2007

I think Apple and Google holding this market up all by themselves...they holding up NDX which in turn holding the rest

well done lurker, and i dont mean the profit, which is nice too, but excellent on the risk management side of it.

j

I'm bollocked off. As I knew I would be, but that was a damn nice entry, and yes it retraced for awhile, but it would be 40 pips in the money. Nevermind - it has just turned 4 and I didn't intend to trade before 3:30. So I've not missed much. Not buying at support here, and I fear I won't be able to sell anywhere near resistence at these levels.

The main thing is, as jacinto says, I stuck to sound risk management. You need to consider that a telephone cover could take several minutes - it is not appropriate to hold a position in those condidions without at least a breakeven stop.

I'm just glad I'm not an EOD / position trader who was forced to cover.

Looking for another opportunity here. NYSE Tick is holding just above positive, by well off highs.

Working from Dow/Compx and $NDX/$SPX ratios we have a trend day in progress here. It is going one way or the other for quite the move, and I see a sharp reversal making up losses or losing gains before the close.

No entry for me in the near future - I'm worried that I missed a good short and the prices are now too low to sell. Will be back in half an hour or so.

I also want to hold on to my +9, so I won't trade unless I think I have a good entry with high risk:reward - 1:3 or better...

I think this is heading down to 13200 as you suggested Steve.

Been scalping my way down from 13318.

Short again from 13279.

5pm time zone will tell us what the big boys have planned.....a bounce today is still possible...I'm just gonna hang on for the ride.....:LOL:

Thats me done for the early session, +106 in two hours, off to get some good old fish and chips before I go off to cricket, providing the match doesn't go on to long, I will call back again later.

Hope you have all had a great day and have a nice weekend

Just added a third screen (laptop). I have a dual screen config, with charts on both screens, and the order entry tickets / open positions on the laptop. Using x2x to control everything from one keyboard and mouse. Pretty nice setup.

I think I got a pretty good cover on that losing trade. Yes, the price could still plummet to 60, but it is not a sure thing and I prefer to be flat when unsure.

Looking for shorts on a test of 320, longs on a test of 260.

Just added a third screen (laptop). I have a dual screen config, with charts on both screens, and the order entry tickets / open positions on the laptop. Using x2x to control everything from one keyboard and mouse. Pretty nice setup.

I think I got a pretty good cover on that losing trade. Yes, the price could still plummet to 60, but it is not a sure thing and I prefer to be flat when unsure.

Looking for shorts on a test of 320, longs on a test of 260.

Short @ 13284. SL @ 13314