Dow 2007

That is odd indeed

just to add,got as far as manage attatchments and upload file....but diddly squat happens....

Okay, for the avoidance of doubt only, can you please confirm you have done the following:

1. Used paint to save the file in either bitmap, jpeg, png, or gif format on your computer
  2. Used the Manage Attachments button on the boards
  3. In the resultant window, clicked the first "browse..." button and selected the file you wish to upload
  4. Having seen the location in that file in the adjacent box, clicked the _first_ upload button (in the Upload File from your Computer) section.
  5. Waited for the document to be attached

Okay, for the avoidance of doubt only, can you please confirm you have done the following:

1. Used paint to save the file in either bitmap, jpeg, png, or gif format on your computer
  2. Used the Manage Attachments button on the boards
  3. In the resultant window, clicked the first "browse..." button and selected the file you wish to upload
  4. Having seen the location in that file in the adjacent box, clicked the _first_ upload button (in the Upload File from your Computer) section.
  5. Waited for the document to be attached

LL
1.yes saved as png...is there a difference ??
2.yes
3.yes
4.?? not sure..
5.didn't wait long....got message saying uploading please wait....how long should I wait ??

Thanks

LL
1.yes saved as png...is there a difference ??
2.yes
3.yes
4.?? not sure..
5.didn't wait long....got message saying uploading please wait....how long should I wait ??

Thanks

Depending on your connection speed and the size of the file, longer. Anything up to a minute sometimes I'd warrant. How long does it say uploading for?

I'm uploading some pseudorandom noise png images to check the upload system is working okay. Beyond advice to wait a little longer, this one is most likely a matter for T2W staff...sorry.

(oh, and I waited half a minute for those files, and they are around 1MB total)

Attachments

• random.png
    random.png
    235 KB · Views: 228
Last edited:
Thanks for your time LL....I was waiting 5 mins...must be doing something wrong...will play around with it this afternoon and see what happens...

Thanks again

What will the YMU7 do today? I see there are some UK numbers released at 09:30, but no US news scheduled today. I'll be watching the direction and size of the opening gap with some interest.

I may not actually trade today. I want my full strategy written on my journal clearly and some good backtesting with a month of Dow I am unfamiliar with, so perhaps I'll use YMZ6 for backtesting.

If I say so myself, my last two days of trading have been better as I have set strict loss limits and trade quantity limits and exceeded neither. Perhaps I am learning proper discipline finally.

Also, now we have rolled over to the September futures there is a bigger difference between the cash prices and the futures prices (talk about stating the obvious). My point is that the corresponding S/R levels for the cash $INDU will now be a different price on the futures. The key 13550 level on the YMM7 does not correspond to the 13550 level on the YMU7. This is my first ever futures rollover, so could someone give me a few pointers?

Trading View

Good morning everyone, hope you had a great weekend.

Have read throught the postings above and it appears to me a few of you held bearish attitudes and were caught out on friday.

I know I have said it before, I enter each day with no pre-concieved views whether we are going up or down, each day (on the whole) will provide you with trading opportunities, both long and short, the trick is to identify the safe trades to take.

I found to my detriment, in my early trading years, some 12 years ago, that holding a distinct view the market will go in one direction, or its can't/must go higher/lower, not the most profitable view, as I overlooked the obvious in determination of going in one direction to fit my view.

fwiw, imho, as I have said before, keep it simple, to much clutter, to many screens, to many line etc, does not bode well in my experience.

I trade using a laptop only these days, my set up simple, my view non directional, I trade what I see at any given moment. I probably shouldn't say this, I do find, when I use BB's I do not trade as effectively as I know I can, I get distracted, don't concentrate and do sometimes miss a trade.

The european markets clearly started marked up due to the DJIA late rally on friday, I simply used that as a starting point from which the market will hit highs and lows. I see views that when a certain level has been achieved it "has to" or "can't" go futher in that direction, wrong!, get out of that mindset, objectively look at your setup over different timeframes and trade what you see.

I'm trading the euro market this am, and will be trading the US market after 4.00pm today, so good luck and have a profitable day.

Value any comments on my views.

Last edited:
morning,

these are my views for today. (60 and 240 min charts)

fridays move gave a measured move up getting to target and testing previous support. lets see if it acts as resistance for a continuation down.

good day

j

Attachments

• dow futures....continuation.gif
    dow futures....continuation.gif
    12.6 KB · Views: 104
  • dow futures....continuation 4 hr.gif
    dow futures....continuation 4 hr.gif
    13.3 KB · Views: 113
Good morning everyone, hope you had a great weekend.

Have read throught the postings above and it appears to me a few of you held bearish attitudes and were caught out on friday.

I know I have said it before, I enter each day with no pre-concieved views whether we are going up or down, each day (on the whole) will provide you with trading opportunities, both long and short, the trick is to identify the safe trades to take.

I found to my detriment, in my early trading years, some 12 years ago, that holding a distinct view the market will go in one direction, or its can't/must go higher/lower, not the most profitable view, as I overlooked the obvious in determination of going in one direction to fit my view.

fwiw, imho, as I have said before, keep it simple, to much clutter, to many screens, to many line etc, does not bode well in my experience.

I trade using a laptop only these days, my set up simple, my view non directional, I trade what I see at any given moment. I probably shouldn't say this, I do find, when I use BB's I do not trade as effectively as I know I can, I get distracted, don't concentrate and do sometimes miss a trade.

The european markets clearly started marked up due to the DJIA late rally on friday, I simply used that as a starting point from which the market will hit highs and lows. I see views that when a certain level has been achieved it "has to" or "can't" go futher in that direction, wrong!, get out of that mindset, objectively look at your setup over different timeframes and trade what you see.

I'm trading the euro market this am, and will be trading the US market after 4.00pm today, so good luck and have a profitable day.

Value any comments on my views.

I have learned that I can't predict the direction of the next tick at any given time, so at last I am no longer guilty of believing the market can't do what the market might do. unfortunately this does not help me to enter trades at the right time.

looking at the wall street daily on capital spreads the dow is moving an a very tight range . Only now I can see it has bounced off the same price (approx 13400) so I guess this is a support ... (to be breached at some point .. or not)

I appreciate your post .. it sounds like you have reliable system .. but when do you enter a trade? and why? give us your thought processes when you enter a trade (not real time ..this is too much to ask I realise) :)

Hi everyone,

Whilst having bearish tendancies I'm not sure either way today.

Feel we have had a full 61% pull back from last weeks falls and depending if 13400 holds and we move up, I would reckon the bull trend is in tact.

If we can't hold 13400 and we start sliding down I think the correction has more way to go.

Gut instincts says we need further correction but will watch the markets for couple of hours before moving either way.

Good trading y'all :)

Hi everyone,

Whilst having bearish tendancies I'm not sure either way today.

Feel we have had a full 61% pull back from last weeks falls and depending if 13400 holds and we move up, I would reckon the bull trend is in tact.

Hi Atilla, my "longs only" days are officially over, but I'm still looking to a secondary high or lower top next month. Anyway, let's focus on the short term, how do you calculate that 61% pullback? If I measure the distance from highest point to low from the fall I think we just about retraced 50% from the move (we need about +/- 25 points higher for that)?

Hi Atilla, my "longs only" days are officially over, but I'm still looking to a secondary high or lower top next month. Anyway, let's focus on the short term, how do you calculate that 61% pullback? If I measure the distance from highest point to low from the fall I think we just about retraced 50% from the move (we need about +/- 25 points higher for that)?

Hi FW,

I had originally based it on this chart last week. http://www.trade2win.com/boards/showpost.php?p=336334&postcount=3085

However, you are right I just used Fib retrace again and it showed up 50%. Confused. I can only think it's my CMC charts package.

If we are still at 50% then I would lean towards feeling we are still in the down trend.

I still think 13400 will be significant. Be interesting if we make an attempt for 500 or whether the slide will continue.

Still proposing to sit out and watch. Listen to what you chaps are thinking if you all kindly think aloud please. :)

Hi FW,

I had originally based it on this chart last week. http://www.trade2win.com/boards/showpost.php?p=336334&postcount=3085

However, you are right I just used Fib retrace again and it showed up 50%. Confused. I can only think it's my CMC charts package.

If we are still at 50% then I would lean towards feeling we are still in the down trend.

I still think 13400 will be significant. Be interesting if we make an attempt for 500 or whether the slide will continue.

Still proposing to sit out and watch. Listen to what you chaps are thinking if you all kindly think aloud please. :)

cant use a larger font on the chart, but seems like a nice potential leg down :D

Attachments

• dow futures....continuation 2.gif
    dow futures....continuation 2.gif
    12.2 KB · Views: 112
cant use a larger font on the chart, but seems like a nice potential leg down :D

That's the problem with the DOW. It always looks like a downer and then it comes back up like those horror movies or scary thrillers where the bady always comes back from the dead for one more lethal attack.

Watching it and it's already at 13440. It's making a ladder to 13500 already and we are only 20mins into the session. :rolleyes: