Dow 2007

Also last Dax retrace from 7/5 to 11/5 was 234 pts....that gave target off of high at 8010 around 7776....again around gap area....

7773 was approx 33% of the 7300-8010 move so there's something else .... :cheesy:

sure looked like that level was going to hold things up, at first...

any bets now guys? dax should be able to hold this level, otherwise could take a hit for at least another 150+; dow pretty much around potential support imo

Good day today.

Expecting an upward move tomorrow based on 1 & 4 hourly charts.

I'm thinking if we don't break 13580 61% pull back it will continue going down.

Attachments

• US30 Cash.png
    US30 Cash.png
    17.2 KB · Views: 101
  • US30 Cash1.png
    US30 Cash1.png
    11.6 KB · Views: 99
Where is the "Mod Offtopic" function? Seriously, do you all understand this or are you playing with some online translator?

One of my many regrets in life (and I have more than I should), is not ever making the effort to learn another language (or indeed travel more). Perhaps something I could correct in my late middle age...

descubri como reducir el tamano de una foto :eek:

buenas noches....y sonno securo que lei parla italiano e non espagnol....lol

grazias!
'cool'.. nuevo avatar con gafas de sol? :)

buonas noches!

asi que hablas espanol, me parece genial.

jacinto

in my language, and in local, very local slang (mexico city spanish) there is a rather rude saying that describes what you say. I wont translate it exactly but try to make a more boring but "to the point" analogy :LOL:

Even the most alert seasoned "girl hunter in a bar" will miss a shag for the sake of securing the last pint ;)

j

Edit: decided to put the phrase: "Hasta a la mas puta se le escapa un pedo"

Nutters, one and all.

Talking about regrets, I made the mistake by going long too early - which you correctly pointed out.

You've noticed many of my trading mistakes also. I find it rather ironic. You were (and are) the rational, sober, experience trader. I was (and am) the newbie overtrader, yet through my own personal development and the support of others on this board (yourself included) I now have zen-like periods of restraint, however brief and infrequent. During these times, I can think to myself "that is a bad time to trade" or even simply "I would not have traded there, or even in that direction". In the longer term though, I'm still rash and impulsive compared to you. Perhaps your tutelage is manifesting in my ability to spot the mistakes of others. Again, it is easy to be wise when not actually risking your own dime. We shall see just exactly how well I do when using real money again, even with only small stakes.

Moved my stop to 10 points away at 13491
20 points in the bag
So total for today -6 with this trade still running.
Will hold the long overnight.
Good evening all.

Stopped out of this trade with +20
Re entered again June Dow at 13465
Target 13575

Fools Errand ?

sure looked like that level was going to hold things up, at first...

any bets now guys? dax should be able to hold this level, otherwise could take a hit for at least another 150+; dow pretty much around potential support imo

7655cash is half of the 7300-8010 move....... FWIW
7620 is approx 25% pbk of mar-june move
Magnet seems to be drawing price to 7600 area..... perhaps

Last edited:
You know you're overtrading when...

...you trade before 7AM! (making a little assumption about your local time here - but still, trading the market at 2AM local time is a little...dedicated?)

Stopped out of this trade with +20
Re entered again June Dow at 13465
Target 13575

The post I left in Lurkers Journal was obtained from my platform provider (Stockcharts), its not my personal contribution. Didn't check the post to ensure everything was okay, apologies for any misleading that may have appeared.

Hope everybody had a good day yesterday, I took overnight positions on the FTSE and Dax and closed shortly after open, ftse +49, DAX +55.

Will trade the DOW this afternoon, but I will not be posting as much as usual.

Good luck to you all

Highjacked from another site

EWI last night -

Despite yesterday and today’s selloff, yesterday’s S&P Daily Sentiment Index was still at a historically high 88%, showing little fear that the down move is anything serious. This morning we received an email from a hedge fund insider with whom we communicate and who also follows the Daily Sentiment Index on a regular basis. He noted that in the 25 years of S&P DSI data, there has NEVER been a SINGLE day where the DSI was 88 or higher when the NYSE A/D was 3:1 down or up (which it was yesterday). His conclusion is that it is “a sign of massive complacency.” We could not agree more. Whether a top is already in place or another push lies ahead that leads to the final upward subdivision, the psychological framework is in place that should support a long period of decline

"full house sell signal"...

...issued by Morgan Stanley also.
{probably will not open a position today. want buyers to come back into the market - then short again:devilish: }

long at 13430 (daily cash) stop at 13415. Looking for a quick bounce in the open.

Grab your nuts and hold on! :D