Dow 2007

I'm not trying to pick the bottom here. I think I'll be content with a flat trade today. 50 didn't break terribly convincingly, and I think this level will most likely be rejected short term. Tick has made a higher high, and the weak hands appear to have been thoroughly shaken out. I think the smart money is buying this.

I don't see a close below 13450. However, 550 is the point to keep an eye on - if that is tested, and it holds, perhaps a return to 200 isn't too unlikely. This is a one to watch over the next few days.

As for today - I'm off to do something else...

I'm in way over my head, added to long at 444, and doubled up on the rest!
Bad trading I know - it's s--t or bust from here! I feel rather silly posting this!!!!
And I am always and 'forever' short!!!

Last edited:
sitting right on support here...i'd expected to see a stronger reaction from the bulls here...up until 7 perhaps

Bad trading I know - it's s--t or bust from here! I feel rather silly posting this!!!!
Good entry at 444. Looks like you picked a bottom there. Get out at a reasonable point, even if it means a loss. Don't let it come back down to 444 with you in the trade. It is showing signs of topping as we speak. Careful.

We've all been there. I hope you get out of this without too much emotional damage and with enough to trade another day.

Good entry at 444. Looks like you picked a bottom there. Get out at a reasonable point, even if it means a loss. Don't let it come back down to 444 with you in the trade. It is showing signs of topping as we speak. Careful.

We've all been there. I hope you get out of this without too much emotional damage and with enough to trade another day.

'Emotional damage' ll, I could write a book about that! Well, actually, 2 or 3 books.

added another @ 50.....short 3 lots...stops @80...gonna let it run and watch footy

you're doing an excellent job again today!

I'm in a small long on Russell now...
so far I'm down for the day however, looks like the bears are milking the cow :)

700! what a bugger!

Stopped out yesterday @ B/E. Didn't trade yesterday but set a sell limit @ 550 this morning.

Go shorts go!

You've got to be able to let go of them longs at some point, by the way, how many of you guys are using simulated accounts?

Good trading.

Been a difficult day today.
Back in now with a June Dow at 13471 30 stoploss.
Target is 13575

700! what a bugger!

Stopped out yesterday @ B/E. Didn't trade yesterday but set a sell limit @ 550 this morning.

Go shorts go!

You've got to be able to let go of them longs at some point, by the way, how many of you guys are using simulated accounts?

Good trading.

I'm using a simulated account at the moment. Going back to live trading soon, possibly as soon as tomorrow!

LL, left some reading in your journal, if its any use to you.

Just read it, nice post Dinos!

Hi LL, simulated accounts are useful, very useful indeed. Any trader, no matter what level should take full advantage of these training facilities. Used correctly, they can provide an almost effortless transition into trading with actual money.

IMHO, that is.:)

LL, left some reading in your journal, if its any use to you.

I got that thanks. That is one of my favourite quotes - it covers most of the pitfalls for new traders.

I see something which resembles a failed head and shoulders on the 1m. I'm certainly pleased to be out of this market today.

The FTSE has also fallen over 100 points. I think the best strategy for today would have been to short the open of the Dax, Dow, and FTSE. I see some people on these boards have done similar things, and shown some quite impressive results. I'm not convinced the bull run is over just yet however.

Perhaps this belongs to my journal, but reviewing my old trades I've only ever been consistently profitable (in terms of pips not pounds) when trading £3pp or higher. Something to consider perhaps.

Good trading. I'm off for the evening.