Dow 2007

Don't see much rejection here at 500 so i would say it will move higher.
Still have a bearish signal for the end of day .

CJIA

Just out of interest, at what price level would the dow have to trade (close) to negate the bearish signal?

CJIA

Just out of interest, at what price level would the dow have to trade (close) to negate the bearish signal?

To cancel out the bearish signal today i would like to see the market come down to around 1465-70,if it bounces around here then i will be looking for the market to move upwards.

Does that make sense?

To cancel out the bearish signal today i would like to see the market come down to around 1465-70,if it bounces around here then i will be looking for the market to move upwards.

Does that make sense?

Bearish signal cancelled out happy to be long now.

I think that is even riskier than CJIA's long. What was your entry, target, and stoploss.

even riskier? it's pretty close to the lowest price traded today...
but anyway I agree it's probably not the best of my entries

stop at 15 points
target 30 pts

76 futures looked like an MM shakeout / stop hunting, so perhaps we will go higher from here. I still think those longs from ~85 were quite brave - anyone care to share their signals for that?

stop at 15 points
target 30 pts

True, and we could be forming a double bottom. I was just a little surprised that people didn't wait for a test of the low first before taking longs in a market which hasn't made a higher high all day. Also, I would have thought people would have held out for a sub-80 entry. Good luck on the trade anyway.

stop at 15 points
target 30 pts

If it's going to bounce, now is the time. That was a pretty big shake-out!

True, and we could be forming a double bottom. I was just a little surprised that people didn't wait for a test of the low first before taking longs in a market which hasn't made a higher high all day. Also, I would have thought people would have held out for a sub-80 entry. Good luck on the trade anyway.

thanks, but I'm out -15
oh well, that losing day had to come around sooner or later

nice comments though... sounds like the ones I should be saying normally :|

thanks, but I'm out -15
oh well, that losing day had to come around sooner or later

nice comments though... sounds like the ones I should be saying normally :|

It appears I have been learning from one of the best in that case. Cheers mate.

As for the losing day - days like that are just part of the job. Not to worry. There will be more opportunities before EOD, and if none take your fancy there is always tomorrow.

I panicked an exit and got out with +1 because of what Tick was telling me about short term sentiment. I don't think longs are clever today. Trade with the trend. I'm quite embarrassed that my only trade today has been against the trend. Silly silly silly!

Red ink on the T&S. Plenty of size being traded. Not taking a long from anywhere near here, yet I wouldn't feel confident shorting a low of day so late. Perhaps on a pullback, but I don't know. I like seeing a bit of volatility back in the Dow now. Perhaps this is the correction the bears have been looking for. If 50 breaks, I'm a grizzly bear.