A Master Class in FX Intraday Trading by F & Co

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, it would have been the perfect entry...but in hindsight! I have asked F several times when he does assertions like that, but there is never a reasonable answer, so, if you don't mind, let me ask you: why not entering at 13:01 or 13:15 or 13:30? All those times on real time would look like valid entries. I would love to hear why you would skip them and go for 13:40.
Your answer will be very interesting to Sun as well.

Cheers,
K

thats an interesting and valid observation, as I thought the optimal entries were 9 minutes either side of the top of hour, or half hour.
(X.51 to X+1.09 or XX.21 to XX.39)

Yes, it would have been the perfect entry...but in hindsight! I have asked F several times when he does assertions like that, but there is never a reasonable answer, so, if you don't mind, let me ask you: why not entering at 13:01 or 13:15 or 13:30? All those times on real time would look like valid entries. I would love to hear why you would skip them and go for 13:40.
Your answer will be very interesting to Sun as well.

Cheers,
K

I took a look after seeing your comments. I have real buys at decent volume at 13.53.

I am looking for bigger movers and at 13.53 it has taken out one of my longer lr's and all are turning up, my first target is the other two longer lr's at 1.0958 and 1.0970. Of course yesterday everything was in fast forward mode and some.

13.40 is not even right, as at that time the shorter lr's still downward and only change at 13.41 which is outside the prescribed times. You also need 13.41 to print to be sure and it is 15 pips away from 13.40. It is also not a high r/r trade. On reflection (hindsight lol) it looks good but take that trade all day you lose money a bigger percentage of the time. Also if 13.40 buy is taken then surely there is a 13.30 buy, stopped out of course. Again it is not a trade I am taking.

Good job to keep trying to learn Keen. How is your trading going?

Cheers

I took a look after seeing your comments. I have real buys at decent volume at 13.53.

I am looking for bigger movers and at 13.53 it has taken out one of my longer lr's and all are turning up, my first target is the other two longer lr's at 1.0958 and 1.0970. Of course yesterday everything was in fast forward mode and some.

13.40 is not even right, as at that time the shorter lr's still downward and only change at 13.41 which is outside the prescribed times. You also need 13.41 to print to be sure and it is 15 pips away from 13.40. It is also not a high r/r trade. On reflection (hindsight lol) it looks good but take that trade all day you lose money a bigger percentage of the time. Also if 13.40 buy is taken then surely there is a 13.30 buy, stopped out of course. Again it is not a trade I am taking.

Good job to keep trying to learn Keen. How is your trading going?

Cheers

no NIck, there was not a 13.30 buy for me
looking at m,y chart, i am buying at end of time window if price gets above that greenline. then im holding if we can break local res, then holding longer if we can get into the range of that big red bar, and above my blue line. note how green line also gave support at 1353
if you want to wait for other lines under thats fine. personally i prefer to try lower and go on confirmation, for the lord hath said " it all starts with the fastest lines

Attachments

• du.PNG
    du.PNG
    81 KB · Views: 256
thats an interesting and valid observation, as I thought the optimal entries were 9 minutes either side of the top of hour, or half hour.
(X.51 to X+1.09 or XX.21 to XX.39)

yers thats how i trained. but also now give it some leeway

Hi MM,

Are you getting these nice results consistently, or today was specially good for you?
Just another quick one....what draw down do you usually allow while scalping?

Thanks for posting your trades. I'll spend my afternoon analyzing where you entered and where you exited and learn from it.

Cheers,
Keen246

hi Keen here is an example of bad drawdown for me. it was a swing trade entry i gave mmore space to i took profit early etc. purple rectangle my get out

Attachments

• keen1.PNG
    keen1.PNG
    86.1 KB · Views: 154
  • keen2.PNG
    keen2.PNG
    8 KB · Views: 140
hi Keen here is an example of bad drawdown for me. it was a swing trade entry i gave mmore space to i took profit early etc. purple rectangle my get out

There was me hoping to see the excerpt with the 270 EU pips from 13.40 :cheesy:

So as Keen says ''Yes, it would have been the perfect entry...but in hindsight!''

We can all find many of those but the point is to help us who are still learning with real trades and the comment could be construed that students like me and Sun missed out on an obvious belter.
At least it is reassuring that you missed it too, so we were not too bad.

So as Keen says ''Yes, it would have been the perfect entry...but in hindsight!''

We can all find many of those but the point is to help us who are still learning with real trades and the comment could be construed that students like me and Sun missed out on an obvious belter.
At least it is reassuring that you missed it too, so we were not too bad.

well, to me it was a viable trade. i did not take it as was not on thast chart at the time. same as ga. i could have sold higher but was not physically there.
lastly, I think your results set you out as qualified in this method and no longer a student?

you are correct to do so. My only purpose here now is to support students so i offer abject apologies for any statements that are not supportive, as that is not my aim. Please feel free Sun etc to ask anything and i can help as my ability allows. I will consider what i type in this light more dilligently in future i hope.

Morning everybody...

Good to see these discussions on entries from senior students :)... F told many times that, Entry is very important. I missed the EU breakout just now..it is already too late. I entered form 1148..But currently got stopped out with that big bar..at 7:51

Last EU trade sell trade was loss was 12 pips instantly..very bad...I didn't had hard stop. It happened too fast...

here is a bad entry from me sun. i added higher up have now closed bad one at plus one.

Attachments

• sunn.PNG
    sunn.PNG
    3.4 KB · Views: 178
Last EU trade sell trade was loss was 12 pips instantly..very bad...I didn't had hard stop. It happened too fast...

In general I think you should not trade EU from 06.51 to 07.05 and again an hour later.

I do take trades here but usually nothing to do with this method. I am try to outsmart the pre market moves and fakes and go oppsite, mostly it works but it comes from years of trading. EU is the same as Dax at those times ie. all over the place and as F calls it 'manipulation'.
I don't think of it as that because manipulation implies we are tricked and can't do anything. It is market makers setting themselves up and anyone can deal at the posted prices. It should be just called a time of day where charts don't work so good.

Good luck

Thank you MM,

My mistake I was seeing more bigger picture..that's why missed that trendline. My was TD more higher than yours.

Recovered some losses with EU Sell 8 pips profit & UJ buy with 5 pips profit.

Though EU currently moving lower.

Status
Not open for further replies.