A Master Class in FX Intraday Trading by F & Co

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sun - your time is out again by an hour

See if you can adjust to UK time - it makes it easier when we chat etc

Actually - I dont think they are now - its just your chart when you bought was still in this 80 + pip drop - so thats confused me

But check you are in sync with UK time - which is now 2 27 pm

I read all of your comment for tick chart. I just get to know that tick chart is not available on web platform. Normal Ctrader is very slow for me to run. But ok will give it a try again.

UCad Sell this afternoons

1 14 /15 pm and 4219 was a clear sell for me Sun ???

UCad scalp sell

215558d1453814743-master-class-fx-intraday-trading-f-co-ucad-26116-scalp.png

UCad

4 00 pm Update

The sell from nearly 3 hrs ago on the UCad as dropped approx 140 pips

I must thank Sun for getting me to look at it - but shame she as not been able to take advantage of it - etc - but I must make sure this does not keep happening - with her losing out on great intraday trades whilst she is trying to just make 3 or 5 pips off a contra scalp.

I have shown the same entry on a Tick chart now - I think the tick chart might help speed Sun up - get her reactions quicker and stop her missing out on early entries whilst waiting for confirmations - that are always too late

Trouble is with a tick chart is you need a few days to adjust to the speed and then after then a 1 min will look slow

Heres what you should see on a t13 on ctrader Sun - at the time you were still in a late buy at the start of the sell off

215584d1453824797-master-class-fx-intraday-trading-f-co-ucad-26116-scalp-tick-chart.png

Attachments

• UCad - 26116 SCALP TICK CHART.png
    UCad - 26116 SCALP TICK CHART.png
    78.1 KB · Views: 547
hey all

I see that theres been some big movers today ..........

CAD has had a barnstorming London and us session ........its over 200 pips up
GBP next ........over 90 pips positive so far
that's it - no other Currencies are net positive today

AUD / NZD Flat

swissie and Yen the sells .........euro following

the usd got hit from mid morning London - selling off now and 50 pips down from Asian open

have a good one

UCad

4 00 pm Update

The sell from nearly 3 hrs ago on the UCad as dropped approx 140 pips

I must thank Sun for getting me to look at it - but shame she as not been able to take advantage of it - etc - but I must make sure this does not keep happening - with her losing out on great intraday trades whilst she is trying to just make 3 or 5 pips off a contra scalp.

I have shown the same entry on a Tick chart now - I think the tick chart might help speed Sun up - get her reactions quicker and stop her missing out on early entries whilst waiting for confirmations - that are always too late

Trouble is with a tick chart is you need a few days to adjust to the speed and then after then a 1 min will look slow

Heres what you should see on a t13 on ctrader Sun - at the time you were still in a late buy at the start of the sell off

215584d1453824797-master-class-fx-intraday-trading-f-co-ucad-26116-scalp-tick-chart.png

heres my take on Ucad sells today

point A was a clear breach by Cad of days high (brown line) ........you need to get deep and dirty on the 1mins but generally it never looked back ...right ?:smart:

pairing it with Usd is really a matter of risk and experience.....at point A usd is ranging tightly at high for day right (Green line) ....ok ?

its really do you see on the 1mins a selloff clearly enough ..........or do you wait until point b where the usd finally breaches south ................

and then note the wicked retrace !!!....before a 150 pip dump

this is why I love trading ........you have to get everything right to make money

good strategy + bad execution = Losses
Bad Strategy + good execution = Losses
Bad Strategy + bad execution = Losses
Good Strategy + good execution = profits

always try to be in the last box !! (y):smart:

N

Attachments

• ucad selling 101.JPG
    ucad selling 101.JPG
    89.7 KB · Views: 77
hey all

I see that theres been some big movers today ..........

CAD has had a barnstorming London and us session ........its over 200 pips up

--------------------------

have a good one

Hi N

I would not have traded the UCad today - had it not been for Sun

The chart was perfect once it dropped under the LiTS area and agree the Cad was strong - resulting in the UCad falling over 250 + pips from its morning high

I am posting my chart as its a great example of the multi LR set up in a bear bias structure

I have posted 2 times - the one after 1 13pm was when i realised it was going to carry on falling more - thanks to Sun

215590d1453829205-master-class-fx-intraday-trading-f-co-ucad-26116-all-day.png

Attachments

• UCad - 26116 ALL DAY.png
    UCad - 26116 ALL DAY.png
    56.8 KB · Views: 558
what a pair that was .................jees I wish I could trade more than 60-90 mins a day

perhaps later this year if consultancy dries up

have good evenings

N

GU - US Session

GU

1 00 pm Update

I had to pop out after 11 00 am - and I failed to leave a partial buy on the GU with a stop in profit

My loss of approx 50 -60 pips of extra money - but that's trading -

The GU came out of its bear bias above 4225 / 30 and then went into bull land

So far its made 4265 - and we know 4260 area was a R

215548d1453813303-master-class-fx-intraday-trading-f-co-gu-26116-pm.png

That chart showed the b/o and price over 4260

so far - over 6 hrs later price moved up another 100 + pips to over 4360

So easy on partial stakes - shame did not add to it - but went more with UCad

Update chart

spot the difference etc

215604d1453834835-master-class-fx-intraday-trading-f-co-gu-26116-pm-2.png

Attachments

• GU - 26116 PM 2.png
    GU - 26116 PM 2.png
    79.1 KB · Views: 562
hey all

AUD / CAD are the Asian session Legacy buys ........Cads gone south now though ........
NZD big seller Asian ........again etraced into London

at the moment based on such a bland set of trends I am focussed on 6am + moves

Selling CAD and GBP
buying AUD and Euro ......

usd used as secondary currency ...shes ranging 5-8 pips.......currently I would be iaed to buying her

N

based on that prognosis the GU sell is my #1 scalp at moment with AU/EU buys as they pop up

N

Attachments

• 3 scalps watch.JPG
    3 scalps watch.JPG
    91.7 KB · Views: 184
Wednesday 27th January 2016 - European Open @ 7 00 AM

Good morning FX Intraday traders

Starting late today as here over the London Open hour - makes a change.

Yesterday - besides my normal morney earner - the EA - we had great moves on the GU / EJ and UCad.

Today we have US Dollar news both at 3 00 pm and tonight at 7 00 pm - and a quiet news morning for the European start

Normal stuff - but with a bit more help for Sun

All inputs on FX welcome

Have a good day

Regards

F

EU

7 00 am Update

I review this pair purely because it that popular for fx traders - but nowadays its about number 3 or 4 on my list of pairs to trade - its played with too much and most days too slow

This morning we are in a 20 pip range between 0850 and 0870 - although R is 0880

7 00 am was a scalp buy - easy off a tick chart - but even a 1 min would get you in via the LR cross at 6 59 am at 0856

cAd and GBP the sells

euro , AUD are the ones I am watching re buys now

EU

7 00 am Update

I review this pair purely because it that popular for fx traders - but nowadays its about number 3 or 4 on my list of pairs to trade - its played with too much and most days too slow

This morning we are in a 20 pip range between 0850 and 0870 - although R is 0880

7 00 am was a scalp buy - easy off a tick chart - but even a 1 min would get you in via the LR cross at 6 59 am at 0856

Euro is flat from Asian session and 10 pips up London - rangy
USD flat as a pancale and again ranging a little

from 6am scrappy scalping .............i'm picking up 4-8 pips at a time (like GU here) but no runners .............may get one before signing off soon

N

Attachments

• gu sells.JPG
    gu sells.JPG
    56.2 KB · Views: 86
EA

7 10 am

Out of sync with EU

If we stay under 5475 - I want to scalp sell as we should test under 5440

Low gone over 30+ mins - so that favours a turn atm - but no over 75 - then it will test down again

Status
Not open for further replies.