Watch HowardCohodas Trade Index Options Credit Spreads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since I have not opened the PM page since I started this session, I haven't a clue of the contents of your PMs, so I could not have reacted to them. And I'm basing the count of four on the following "You have 4 unread messages."

When I get really, really bored, I'll read them.

Thanks for admitting that your lie accusations are untrue and just to bait me.

And so it goes...

LOL

Do you expect people to take you seriously? Do you have your own interpretation of the English language that is different to everyone else's?

Another lie Howie. Point out where I have "admitted" that my "lie accusations are untrue". I said the PMs were to bait you, I did not say that the lie accusations were untrue.

Is this what you are referring to?

Actually Howie, you did lie (unless you are stupid enough to have made a genuine mistake). Hence, I'm calling you a liar. Would you really like to re-examine the latest exchange? I doubt it.

That doesn't look much like a retraction of my allegation. :LOL::LOL::LOL:

You are such a plonker it is beyond hilarious. Thanks for all this free entertainment on an otherwise dull Sunday afternoon. (y)(y)(y)

With regards reporting percentage profits HC, please find me someone else or a link anywhere on the web who/which expresses return as percentage of capital risked.

Using this approach, if I enter a trade with a 20 pip stop and end up making 40 pips, I've made 200%. Looking back at my returns over the last year, I had one month when I was up 500%, using your calculations. However, because I risk less than 1% of my ENTIRE trading pot per trade, it "only" amounted to +20% on my entire account.

It doesn't matter if you're running 4 or 400 other systems on your pot, you have to state the return for the overall pot. I guess that the question is this -

should someone devote 100% of their pot to your strategy?

I think we all know the answer is no, because you've seen things in your backtest which have made you hesitant. You know, the backtest which you ran and won't reveal any results for.

I thought we were talking about my reporting month on month returns in this account isolated from other accounts. Are you now switching to the discussion of reporting returns on capital risked? As you know, I do both but in clearly differentiated contexts. Did you change lanes without signaling? A dangerous driving habit, that.

If we are to have a meaningful dialog, it must be on a commonly understood basis and not constantly switching contexts to confuse me and perhaps others as well.

Have you dismissed MGs comments?

then your a plonker

sorry
:eek:

but so like you are going to teach trading "index option credit spreads" (which are just option by the way) but not say thinks like put-call parity or cost of hedging or explain delta or gamma or skew?

cos all those things are in your strategy

I find it odd that you think I would not discuss put-call parity, skew, delta, gamma and theta in the "education" part of an education/training session since I have mentioned these issues before. Perhaps you are not very familiar with the my commentary in this thread. There are actually search tools that you can use to read just my comments if you want to shorten your learning time and comment from knowledge rather than ignorance.

I thought we were talking about my reporting month on month returns in this account isolated from other accounts. Are you now switching to the discussion of reporting returns on capital risked? As you know, I do both but in clearly differentiated contexts. Did you change lanes without signaling? A dangerous driving habit, that.

If we are to have a meaningful dialog, it must be on a commonly understood basis and not constantly switching contexts to confuse me and perhaps others as well.

You really shouldn't be condescending to Mean. In the first place, he knows what he's talking about and you don't. And second, you're talking crap.

Last edited by a moderator:
I find it odd that you think I would not discuss put-call parity, skew, delta, gamma and theta in the "education" part of an education/training session since I have mentioned these issues before. Perhaps you are not very familiar with the my commentary in this thread. There are actually search tools that you can use to read just my comments if you want to shorten your learning time and comment from knowledge rather than ignorance.

will you teach your students that basically your strategy is always short gamma and that you need volatilty to always be less than is priced in to make money in the long run?

will you teach your students that basically your strategy is always short gamma and that you need volatilty to be less than is priced in to make money in the long run?

I doubt it. I doubt Howie even understands what you've written. Still, he might be a good teacher, what with everything he learned in flight school. :LOL:

Hey Howie, that reminds me, we know you went to flight school, but did you also go to lying a$$hole school as well? If not, your natural talent in that department is truly awesome.

:LOL::LOL:

When are you going to apologise for lying about what I posted?

banana096.gif

Why are you bringing your other strategies into this? Look if you have 30% allocated to this strategy only then you can base your monthly return on this 30% allocation only. I dont tell you my monthly return is 10% in my trading account taking into account what i have in my savings.

LOL

Do you expect people to take you seriously? Do you have your own interpretation of the English language that is different to everyone else's?

Another lie Howie. Point out where I have "admitted" that my "lie accusations are untrue". I said the PMs were to bait you, I did not say that the lie accusations were untrue.

Is this what you are referring to?

Actually Howie, you did lie (unless you are stupid enough to have made a genuine mistake). Hence, I'm calling you a liar. Would you really like to re-examine the latest exchange? I doubt it.

That doesn't look much like a retraction of my allegation. :LOL::LOL::LOL:

You are such a plonker it is beyond hilarious. Thanks for all this free entertainment on an otherwise dull Sunday afternoon. (y)(y)(y)

I successfully baited you this time since I made the comment in the style and context you so frequently use as a not so subtle illustration of your approach. I was certain you would rise to the bait.

It's good to know you can be so easily baited. I may have to use it again between periods of ignoring you. :cool:

It would be interesting if an arms-length third party could adjudicate our disagreement. Any ideas? Oh wait, you would not go for that because you would be exposed. Just as you have passed on my other challenges for third party adjudication with the added incentive of donations to a charity of your choice in your name if you are successful.

Bluster on, my friend.

Did you change lanes without signaling? A dangerous driving habit, that.

Ah Howie, your pathetic attempts at passive-aggressive put downs. They are not worth the crust in a tramp's y-fronts.

Thanks for admitting that your lie accusations are untrue and just to bait me.

Come on Howie, I'm waiting for a retraction of this latest lie of yours. Please point clearly to where I did this - highlight the quote please.

You won't, because you are a fool and a liar.

I have. You ignore or deny. Take my challenge for third party adjudication of this disagreement. Are you a principled bluster buss or just completely unprincipled?

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Successfully baited me? You are priceless. In the interests of furthering your education, telling lies about someone is not baiting them. You really are an utter cretin.

Is it possible that you actually believe some of the rubbish that you write? That you might be like Tony Blair in that you are so delusional you really do see what you wish to see?

It's a possibility I suppose, and would explain a lot of your posts. But I think it is more likely that you are just a pompous, blustering fool with a wildly-inflated estimation of his own abilities and a stupid treadmill desk.

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Oh, and you are of course a liar.

I successfully baited you this time since I made the comment in the style and context you so frequently use as a not so subtle illustration of your approach. I was certain you would rise to the bait.

It's good to know you can be so easily baited. I may have to use it again between periods of ignoring you. :cool:

It would be interesting if an arms-length third party could adjudicate our disagreement. Any ideas? Oh wait, you would not go for that because you would be exposed. Just as you have passed on my other challenges for third party adjudication with the added incentive of donations to a charity of your choice in your name if you are successful.

Bluster on, my friend.

I always try to understand other people's point of view, even if I originally disagree.

I think the reason your reporting is convoluted is that you don't really have a known downside at the outset, other than the funds you put aside - however, you're fairly convinced that the most you'll ever lose of the quarantined funds is 30%.

We can't know at this stage if the 30% loss-stop-out can be adhered to, so all we're left with is, e.g., you quarantine $10,000 and end up making $1,000, so the "return" is 10%. A better way to express this is to say you've made 0.1R, where R is the risk.

As I pointed out, applying this logic to a trade with an initial stop of 20 pips which then makes 40 pips would yield a return of 200%. Moreover, if the bet size was £1,000 with an account of £100k, to then say 'I made 200%' seems a bit daft.

So let's try to make this all a bit simpler, if that's possible, and ask the question - should someone place 100% of their account in this strategy? The answer is probably no, because the risk of >100% loss is real and present, and you saw as much in your backttest, the results of which you won't reveal.

Thus, sensibly, you only started with 25% with this strategy. Moving forward, using your methods of calculation, you'll regularly have +10 or +20% months, but an unpleasant down month could be -70%. This potential drawdown is what's hidden, because the very nature of your system design is such that you could go long periods wihtout getting into too much difficulty, but when you do the minus number will be large.

I can't see that anything which has ever been said on this very long thread has altered the way you think in the slightest - can I ask why you persist with it?

will you teach your students that basically your strategy is always short gamma and that you need volatilty to always be less than is priced in to make money in the long run?

Asked and answered. I don't think I should continue to do your homework for you. Look it up.

Were you not the one who added the angry young black male comment to a post in this thread? In fact, you have used that trope rather frequently. I'm glad to be rid of it because I believe it adds no value to the discussions here. You don't mention it and neither shall I.

What did I add frequently? When?

You are the one who brought up politics and the nanny state and all the rest of it, Howard. I made that comment to bring home the fact that our contrasting personalities and traits would mean we'd have starkly contrasting political views. I said let's not go into politics yet you still seem to have expressed the thinness skin in regards to my posts.

I don't want to be part of all this baiting nor do I want to partake in the thread any longer so I'm asking you now to please stop taking my posts out of context or suggesting that there is some ulterior motive or undertone.

I have. You ignore or deny. Take my challenge for third party adjudication of this disagreement. Are you a principled bluster buss or just completely unprincipled?

Er no you haven't Howie - in fact I repeated those accusations in the very post you quoted to demonstrate that I had retracted them :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::clap:.

Utter, total cretin.

Once again, please highlight the passage where I retracted my allegations. You won't because you are a liar, I have stated that you are a liar, and you know that you are a liar.

As for your so called "challenge", why the f*** would I be interested? I know that you are a deluded fool, and so does everyone else reading this thread.

What did I add frequently? When?

You are the one who brought up politics and the nanny state and all the rest of it, Howard. I made that comment to bring home the fact that our contrasting personalities and traits would mean we'd have starkly contrasting political views. I said let's not go into politics yet you still seem to have expressed the thinness skin in regards to my posts.

I don't want to be part of all this baiting nor do I want to partake in the thread any longer so I'm asking you now to please stop taking my posts out of context or suggesting that there is some ulterior motive or undertone.

Come on Scose, he won't stop. That's what he does - he can't argue, so he resorts to spouting bullsh1t.

the thing is howard that it doesnt matter that youve made money up until now because you dont understand your downside risk or if your returns are out of line with what you would expect for this strategy.

like i said with the roulette thing, having $500 doesnt mean you are good at russian roulette.

anyway this thread is well long and it looks like other people have asked same thing as me and got nowhere now i am asking and getting nowhere so im stopping. you wont answer back to my good points you just name calling me ignorant .

everyone just listen to this lady singing it gived me goosebumps. then go for a walk or something get some fresh air (y)

Why are you bringing your other strategies into this? Look if you have 30% allocated to this strategy only then you can base your monthly return on this 30% allocation only. I dont tell you my monthly return is 10% in my trading account taking into account what i have in my savings.

WTF!

Are you now supporting my month on month account reporting method? If not, then your post is totally confusing to me.

BTW, in the post you referenced, I was talking about the same trading strategy, just reporting different aspects of it. MR switched contexts discussing my reporting in context 1 while referencing context 2. The two contexts are just two ways of looking at the same account and strategy to offer two different insights into how the trading plays out with real money trading.

Status
Not open for further replies.