Watch HowardCohodas Trade Index Options Credit Spreads

Status
Not open for further replies.
for the people on your course you should say how much of your money is in this strategy and its correlation with the other strategies you have.

Yea a good model should be plotted against the S&P usually. I wonder how you will bodge the return on the S&P to make your model work.

He cannot price an option or work out the fair value of an option himself, so he makes an assumption about the fair value of it based on what he wants to get out of the credit spread. His model laggs behind the volatility of the market and always will do.

And yet, in 30 weeks of trading it would seem that POT has been pretty effective, even with the recent jump in volatility. 126 credit spreads closed. 118 wins with an average return of 5.8%. 8 losers with an average loss of 13.8%. Average time in a spread of 16 days. That's for combined weekly and monthly options. Nearly half of the spreads required no additional capital to put on because of Iron Condor rules so the account return is better than just looking at the results of the individual spreads.

And yet, in 30 weeks of trading it would seem that POT has been pretty effective, even with the recent jump in volatility. 126 credit spreads closed. 118 wins with an average return of 5.8%. 8 losers with an average loss of 13.8%. Average time in a spread of 16 days. That's for combined weekly and monthly options. Nearly half of the spreads required no additional capital to put on because of Iron Condor rules so the account return is better than just looking at the results of the individual spreads.

ok but all that means is that you have been making money from the greeks and by accident. it wont last forever like this. and you dont even know if the profits youve made are out of line with what you should have with a front loaded strategy like this anyway.

for the people on your course you should say how much of your money is in this strategy and its correlation with the other strategies you have.

but as well i think you should think again about a course. i dont go on cooking websites and do cooking courses because i dont know about how long to cook things properly and if i said "put the chicken in the oven for 5 mins and then eat it off the pavement" someone could get sick because of my cooking lessons :)

Well, let's see. Some of the friends and family whom I have taught report that they are successfully trading my strategy. So I guess I was successful in a limited sense in teaching.

I don't deny your right to disagree with me about my readiness to teach.

And so it goes...

Well, let's see. Some of the friends and family whom I have taught report that they are successfully trading my strategy. So I guess I was successful in a limited sense in teaching.

I don't deny your right to disagree with me about my readiness to teach.

And so it goes...

in the land of blinds one eyed man is king :)

do you think that you know enough about option theory and practice to teach other people about how to trade options with your strategy?

As you should know, and has been explained to you numerous times by people far more knowledgeable than you, even if your claims are true (hard to be sure given your history of lying) it really doesn't make any difference. What was your average winning %? 0.2% or something like that?

You are doomed to blow up. Still, the course fees should give you something to live on.

:LOL:

ok but all that means is that you have been making money from the greeks and by accident. it wont last forever like this. and you dont even know if the profits youve made are out of line with what you should have with a front loaded strategy like this anyway.

So your position is that 30 weeks and 126 trades is not sufficiently significant to take it out of the realm of accident. I guess we studied with different statistics texts. No way for me to argue my point without an agreement on metrics and tests.

i dont think he will blow up because his strategy doesnt have a positive OR negative edge.

he will just pay commissions and cross spreads until no money left.

So your position is that 30 weeks and 126 trades is not sufficiently significant to take it out of the realm of accident. I guess we studied with different statistics texts. No way for me to argue my point without an agreement on metrics and tests.

What an absolute tool!

Howie, when you started this thread you called it " Watch HowardCohodas Trade Index Options Credit Spreads". On reflection, and now you can see how it's turned out, don't you think you should have called it " Watch Howard Cohodas Make A Total Ar$e Of Himself"?

:LOL::LOL:

PZ sent me 4 PMs during this last posting session pleading with me not to report him so he could continue posting a little longer.

PZ, this statement is to help you identify truth from falsehood. Some parts are completely true. Some parts are a complete falsehood. Can you tell the difference? What you characterize as my lies are provably not so.

Back to ignoring PZ until I get bored again. :sleep:

i dont think he will blow up because his strategy doesnt have a positive OR negative edge.

he will just pay commissions and cross spreads until no money left.

And yet six month now with an average month on month account increase of 11.4% after commissions and including cash balances in this account. BTW, commissions are costing me around 4.5% of my profit.

Just because I'm white, does not mean I have not been personally subjected to intolerable prejudicial treatment including frequent beatings ignored by the principal. Young black males who think that their suffering is unique will, with maturity, grow up to learn otherwise. So say some of my close friends who also happen to be black.

I was not responding to the part of your post that dealt with post removal. I was specifically dealing with the part of many of your posts where you think your beliefs need to be imposed on others.

A would prefer that we agreeably disagree. Is that possible?

Once again Howard misses the point and thinks the world revolves around him while writing another condescending post.

Where was the nanny state when there were lynchings mate? You can't even keep on track when you're driving.

Anyway let's not detract from the course of the thread.

yes thats right.

to know if your strategy has an edge you would need to do complicated maths based on how far otm the spreads you are trading are and there probability of touching and the credit you recieved and all sorts of things. a quant maybe could do it i think youd need to do some well hard integration and calculus and stuff.

its like playing russian roulette with a 1,000 barrel gun with 1 bullet. every time it clicks empty you get +$1 but if you get the bullet you give back $999. you can still get to +$500 and just be accident. but with your strategy you dont know how many barrels or bullets or what the moneys are so its hard to say about accident without that information and that is well hard maths.

PZ sent me 4 PMs during this last posting session pleading with me not to report him so he could continue posting a little longer.

PZ, this statement is to help you identify truth from falsehood. Some parts are completely true. Some parts are a complete falsehood. Can you tell the difference? What you characterize as my lies are provably not so.

Back to ignoring PZ until I get bored again. :sleep:

LOL

Actually Howie, you did lie (unless you are stupid enough to have made a genuine mistake). Hence, I'm calling you a liar. Would you really like to re-examine the latest exchange? I doubt it.

As for your pitiful little thing in red, all of it is bollox. The PMs were baiting you (you rose to most of them making yourself look even more foolish than before) and there were more than 4. Presumably you know both of these things so all of your statement is a lie. We are of course getting used to your lies on this site.

And why would you reporting me stop me posting? I could report the fact that you deliberately lied about what I posted. But it's more fun to show you up - you go to pieces so easily under the slightest pressure.

Your posts are full to the brim of bullsh1t.

in the land of blinds one eyed man is king :)

do you think that you know enough about option theory and practice to teach other people about how to trade options with your strategy?

No. I think I know enough about trading index options credit spreads to trade my own account and to teach others. Options theory covers considerably more territory than I believe is required to trade index options credit spreads with my strategy.

Disagree with me if you choose, but understand completely what my position is with respect to what I know and what I can successfully teach. And avoid mischaraterizing my position.

With regards reporting percentage profits HC, please find me someone else or a link anywhere on the web who/which expresses return as percentage of capital risked.

Using this approach, if I enter a trade with a 20 pip stop and end up making 40 pips, I've made 200%. Looking back at my returns over the last year, I had one month when I was up 500%, using your calculations. However, because I risk less than 1% of my ENTIRE trading pot per trade, it "only" amounted to +20% on my entire account.

It doesn't matter if you're running 4 or 400 other systems on your pot, you have to state the return for the overall pot. I guess that the question is this -

should someone devote 100% of their pot to your strategy?

I think we all know the answer is no, because you've seen things in your backtest which have made you hesitant. You know, the backtest which you ran and won't reveal any results for.

I think I know enough about trading index options credit spreads to trade my own account and to teach others. Options theory covers considerably more territory than I believe is required to trade index options credit spreads with my strategy.

then your a plonker

sorry
:eek:

but so like you are going to teach trading "index option credit spreads" (which are just option by the way) but not say thinks like put-call parity or cost of hedging or explain delta or gamma or skew?

cos all those things are in your strategy

Last edited:
Once again Howard misses the point and thinks the world revolves around him while writing another condescending post.

Where was the nanny state when there were lynchings mate? You can't even keep on track when you're driving.

Anyway let's not detract from the course of the thread.

Were you not the one who added the angry young black male comment to a post in this thread? In fact, you have used that trope rather frequently. I'm glad to be rid of it because I believe it adds no value to the discussions here. You don't mention it and neither shall I.

Some of the PMs Howie is referring to - too good not to share LOL:

From Pazienza:

Re: Check your pants.

They might be on fire . :D

From Howie:

You have become a sad characticture of yourself. Get some help for gosh sakes before you get banned. Getting banned would be a waist.

From Pazienza:

:LOL::clap:

Why is it that your spelling ability collapses so rapidly when you're under the tiniest bit of pressure? Get a spell checker for God's sake - it would be a "waist" not to . :D

You're still a liar.

From Howie:

Au contraire mon frere. My effort to proofread my post is proportional to the respect I have for the poster I am responding to.

From Pazienza:

LMAO!

You need to do "proof-reading" (why do you insist on using such ridiculous, pompous terms for such mundane, simple things?) to spell "waste" and "caricature" correctly? You need to carry out proof reading to place apostrophes correctly?

And you are telling me this as a put down?

Christ, you really are a moron.

:LOL:

Want me to do some more, Howie?

LOL

Actually Howie, you did lie (unless you are stupid enough to have made a genuine mistake). Hence, I'm calling you a liar. Would you really like to re-examine the latest exchange? I doubt it.

As for your pitiful little thing in red, all of it is bollox. The PMs were baiting you (you rose to most of them making yourself look even more foolish than before) and there were more than 4. Presumably you know both of these things so all of your statement is a lie. We are of course getting used to your lies on this site.

And why would you reporting me stop me posting? I could report the fact that you deliberately lied about what I posted. But it's more fun to show you up - you go to pieces so easily under the slightest pressure.

Your posts are full to the brim of bullsh1t.

Since I have not opened the PM page since I started this session, I haven't a clue of the contents of your PMs, so I could not have reacted to them. And I'm basing the count of four on the following "You have 4 unread messages."

When I get really, really bored, I'll read them.

Thanks for admitting that your lie accusations are untrue and just to bait me.

And so it goes...

Status
Not open for further replies.