Watch HowardCohodas Trade Index Options Credit Spreads

Status
Not open for further replies.
I made a post saying that I think it's irresponsible of T2W to lend credibility to Howard by publishing an article when he intends to teach and manage money when he's been trading less than a year and profs have pulled apart his approach. It was deleted as off topic. Must have paid good money for that article eh Howard?

Paul approached me about the interview. He did not offer to compensate me. Neither did he ask me to pay. No funds changed hands.

You certainly have a right to your opinion on how much trading time is needed to be qualified to teach. But to impose your beliefs on others is a perfect example of the "nanny state" mentality. Nanny staters believe that only the elites have a right to judge what is good for others. How's the nanny state working out for you? Economy good? Health care system good? ...

As long as I am honest about all aspects of my trading, including the limited real money trading history, then readers and potential students can make an informed decision. Despite numerous attempts on huge scales, nowhere has the reduction in informed choice (liberty) benefited the community. Do you think you are the exception? Most modern nanny staters think they are. Our troubles in the US are a good example.

Glad to see you back MR.

I am not the only one who does not think your calculation method is the correct way to measure returns in an account devoted to a single strategy. Let's do a thought experiment. Each of the four trading accounts I have all had different trading strategies and different returns. Suppose the returns for last month were all negative. Now this account represents 40% of my trading pot. Using your method, my returns using this strategy would be 40% of 16% or 6.4%. So because I lost money elsewhere my returns here were better? How does your method communicate a more meaningful result than reporting on each account in isolation?

Howard. You told me you were 16% richer than you were last month. Like if you had 100k, you now have 116k. Return isnt negotiable. Risk has sweet fa to do with Return. It doesn't matter if you're risking 1% or 100%, it makes no difference to your return. Can you stop it? Can you stop basing your Return on risk? It's wrong.

Are you telling me that if at any one time i'm only risking £1k and i make £10k in a month, that i have made 1000% in the month? If this is your model, then to put your returns into perspective to what i could potentially offer is fcking sht.

TRADE WITH HOWARD AND RISK 40% TO MAKE 6.4%!!!! That should be in your title.

Last edited:
You have been pretty good lately in not mischaracterizing me. Let's not revert now.

I have never said that I intend to make my living teaching others. You never asked me what my pricing would be or what I would do with the profits or why I would choose to teach. Without proof it is unfair to characterize my motives negatively. Characterizing me with your own motives is called transference. I don't know your motives so I wont suggest that is the basis of your statement. It is instead, to help inform you when you see statements of my motives made by others.

is this regulatory group pressure? (where "group" is one man typing from a treadmill, possibly coming up with new ventures at the same time and expounding false wisdom in another field of endeavour).

If you are coming up with an NLP course i am a buyer.

LMAO!

Howie, this is a prime example of why people think you're such a pompous idiot. Scose makes a perfectly simple and sound point and you attempt to draw a ridiculous, overblown parallel with big and intrusive government!

Some of my posts on here have been moderated or deleted. Why, this "censorship" mentality is just the kind of thing that Stalin and Hitler blah blah drivel.

It's just a poor decision on a trading forum. That's it.

The sad thing is, I think you are genuine in this respect, I honestly don't think you understand what a div you are. In other respects, you are liar, as we know.

Paul approached me about the interview. He did not offer to compensate me. Neither did he ask me to pay. No funds changed hands.

You certainly have a right to your opinion on how much trading time is needed to be qualified to teach. But to impose your beliefs on others is a perfect example of the "nanny state" mentality. Nanny staters believe that only the elites have a right to judge what is good for others. How's the nanny state working out for you? Economy good? Health care system good? ...

As long as I am honest about all aspects of my trading, including the limited real money trading history, then readers and potential students can make an informed decision. Despite numerous attempts on huge scales, nowhere has the reduction in informed choice (liberty) benefited the community. Do you think you are the exception? Most modern nanny staters think they are. Our troubles in the US are a good example.

What would be the benefit?

well for what you are doing you need to know which option is too expensive or too cheap compared with the other one. so that is about how much you pay in price for how much you get in probability. but even after that it would be volatility arb and i dont think you are doing that.

so the only other way is if you are making money from the greeks like delta or gamma or skew but you dont talk about them or say which way you are betting on them.

really you will do a course?!

Based on think or swims model but during the course of the thread Howard seemed to show either a lack or understanding or a total disregard to the relationship between the option's fair value and the probability of touching.

Not an all together unfair assessment. I simply believe that the option's fair price adds no value to the decision process of selecting the short strike.

Many strategies are overly complex. My training is to simplify until the strategy no longer works. If some consideration does not add value, then eliminate it. Kind of a "Zen and the art of credit spread trading" idea. :cool:

Not an all together unfair assessment. I simply believe that the option's fair price adds no value to the decision process of selecting the short strike.

:eek::eek::eek::eek:
:-0:-0:-0:-0:-0:-0

Many strategies are overly complex. My training is to simplify until the strategy no longer works. If some consideration does not add value, then eliminate it. Kind of a "Zen and the art of credit spread trading" idea. :cool:

"Make everything as simple as possible, but not simpler." (Albert Einstein)

Seriously though, it is almost beyond comprehension how you can be such a complete and utter tool.

Do you even read your own drivel? Politics aside (and as an angry, young, black male, you really don't want to get me started on people your age esp in the US) How is my post being "moderated"/being quietly removed to a less controversial location not a reduction in informed choice?
Considering I've been one of your less harsh critics for the whole of your time here and have unarguably translated most of your (purposely) convoluted gobbledegook for the greater majority you're doing yourself no favours trying to box me into a corner for having an opinion.

Actually scratch that. You're just a complete w@nker, Howard. I'm not expending any more energy on you or your sh1tty threads.

Pazuenza, my friend. Get well soon. I'm so sorry for your current troubles. :cry:

Howie is an oppressor. This is why i hate grammar school kids so much. Because at some point in a heated debate, just when you're winning, they smile confidently and play all "calm down mate, no need to get angry" then they look to the group to encourage the sense that one is going mental and then you are the chump of the group, your cave defiled, you must settle for the fat girl and that is your lot.

Today, injustice goes with a certain stride,
The oppressors move in for ten thousand years.
Force sounds certain: it will stay the way it is.
No voice resounds except the voice of the rulers

And on the markets, exploitation says it out loud:
I am only just beginning.

Howard. You told me you were 16% richer than you were last month. Like if you had 100k, you now have 116k. Return isnt negotiable. Risk has sweet fa to do with Return. It doesn't matter if you're risking 1% or 100%, it makes no difference to your return. Can you stop it? Can you stop basing your Return on risk? It's wrong.

Are you telling me that if at any one time i'm only risking £1k and i make £10k in a month, that i have made 1000% in the month? If this is your model, then to put your returns into perspective to what i could potentially offer is fcking sht.

TRADE WITH HOWARD AND RISK 40% TO MAKE 6.4%!!!! That should be in your title.

I assumed, perhaps incorrectly, that you understood I was referring to the trading account devoted to this strategy. I have repeated numerous times that this is my reporting method. I have said I can afford to loose it all as it started out representing only 20% of my trading assets. It is now 30% of my trading assets as it has performed better than the other accounts. You may disagree with my method of reporting return, but many find it helpful. Otherwise, there is no way to characterize returns on this strategy separate from the other accounts that use different strategies.

Do you even read your own drivel? Politics aside (and as an angry, young, black male, you really don't want to get me started on people your age esp in the US) How is my post being "moderated"/being quietly removed to a less controversial location not a reduction in informed choice?
Considering I've been one of your less harsh critics for the whole of your time here and have unarguably translated most of your (purposely) convoluted gobbledegook for the greater majority you're doing yourself no favours trying to box me into a corner for having an opinion.

Actually scratch that. You're just a complete w@nker, Howard. I'm not expending any more energy on you or your sh1tty threads.

LOL This is the problem Scose. Howard likes to think of himself as the master of reason and logic, a great debater, and yet he makes the most ridiculous and elementary errors like the one you've highlighted. His smug condescension would be bad enough in a half-way competent person, but in someone of his limited ability it is beyond parody.

You may disagree with my method of reporting return, but many find it helpful.

LOL Howie babes, nobody finds your lying bullsh1t "helpful". You hope that inflating your returns will be helpful when it comes to flogging your bullsh1t courses, and that way you'll be able to tell people that you made some money from "trading".

I assumed, perhaps incorrectly, that you understood I was referring to the trading account devoted to this strategy.

Are you even doing that Howie? I'm sure I've seen you in the past basing it on capital at risk, or quarantined funds at your brokers (the rest is free to be used for something else so doesn't count) or some other such nonsense.

By the way, are you ready to apologise for lying yet? Or do I need to keep pointing out that you are a liar?

I assumed, perhaps incorrectly, that you understood I was referring to the trading account devoted to this strategy. I have repeated numerous times that this is my reporting method. I have said I can afford to loose it all as it started out representing only 20% of my trading assets. It is now 30% of my trading assets as it has performed better than the other accounts. You may disagree with my method of reporting return, but many find it helpful. Otherwise, there is no way to characterize returns on this strategy separate from the other accounts that use different strategies.

Noone has said it is helpful as far as i know. You're an idiot really. So in your example. If i only have 10k of a 50k account at risk at anyone stage and i make 10k, then i've made 100%? Can you understand why that would provoke a reaction of distaste for most people?

Noone has said it is helpful as far as i know. You're an idiot really. So in your example. If i only have 10k of a 50k account at risk at anyone stage and i make 10k, then i've made 100%? Can you understand why that would provoke a reaction of distaste for most people?

He can see that, but he won't admit it. He's a pompous, deluded idiot who is desperate to become a vendor. Reality is not welcome where Howie is.

well for what you are doing you need to know which option is too expensive or too cheap compared with the other one. so that is about how much you pay in price for how much you get in probability. but even after that it would be volatility arb and i dont think you are doing that.

so the only other way is if you are making money from the greeks like delta or gamma or skew but you dont talk about them or say which way you are betting on them.

really you will do a course?!

There are two key elements to my credit spread entry decision. The probability of the short strike being touched by the underlying instrument price and the credit I receive. The reward side is affected by the options fair price, but with a credit spread it is the combination that drives the decision. If the options pricing is such that I cannot get the credit from the spread that I want (option pricing is not in my favor) I pass and wait for things to return in my favor.

Adding complexity to the discussion appeals to my academic interests but has little value in practicing my trading strategy.

Any moderator out there? What price would you put on banning this guy? I'm up for consideration. I feel it would make the world a better place.

Status
Not open for further replies.