Watch HowardCohodas Trade Index Options Credit Spreads

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't really care if he's lying. At least there's no confusion now, and if it does come out that he didnt make 16%, he can't say well i meant to 4% of 16% of 20%, which is a whole 0.001%

Here's a post on it - capital at risk (possibly LOL):

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/trading-journals/110140-watch-howardcohodas-trade-index-options-credit-spreads-66.html#post1370124

Go back to around page 60 of this thread and see how difficult it is to pin him down on what his claimed returns actually mean - pages and pages of guff as he attempts to avoid answering the question. As far as I can see (it's a little tricky with all the obfuscation) it's got nothing to do with % of account.

Here's a post on it - capital at risk (possibly LOL):

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/trading-journals/110140-watch-howardcohodas-trade-index-options-credit-spreads-66.html#post1370124

Go back to around page 60 of this thread and see how difficult it is to pin him down on what his claimed returns actually mean - pages and pages of guff as he attempts to avoid answering the question. As far as I can see (it's a little tricky with all the obfuscation) it's got nothing to do with % of account.

And here is the simple, in context, response.

There are two reasons I talk about compounding somewhat defensively. First, there is intramonth compounding because of weekly spreads and rolling opportunities. Second because of challenges about relating my reported performance on spreads verses month on month reporting.

I don't think it has to be complicated, but others like PZ seem to think so.

And so it goes.

Whether by ignorance or by malice, PZ ignores my repeated and careful attempts to separate these two contexts. Citing one in the context of the other is misleading.

Notice that he has not taken my challenge. Speaks volumes.

And here is the simple, in context, response.

Whether by ignorance or by malice, PZ ignores my repeated and careful attempts to separate these two contexts. Citing one in the context of the other is misleading.

Notice that he has not taken my challenge. Speaks volumes.

No, the simple response is "I start with X in my account. I make 10%. I have 1.1 X in my account". :LOL:

What challenge? This one?

Is Pazienza telling the truth? You be the judge. I will not make my account public but, those who challenge me are offered the following proposition. They deposit funds in escrow to pay for an audit by a qualified auditor agreeable to both of us. I will deposit twice that amount. If the auditor verifies the challenger's claims, he gets his money back and the equal amount is donated to a charity of his choice in his name. No one including Pazienza has taken me up on this challenge.

Why the f*** would I want to do that? The fact that I don't doesn't speak volumes, it says absolutely nothing.

Is this thread still going? Wow.

As I recall, HC has 30% of his trading pot at work on this strategy, so multiply 16%x30% = 4.8% - this is the gain on his overall trading funds for February, which is the correct way to measure it.

can someone please explain his strategy to me :)

i asked Howard Cohodas on the thread about the article he wrote on the homepage but he said he couldnt help me :(

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/art...tion-credit-spread-trader-howard-cohodas.html

is the link but basically i dont understand why he doesnt look at the probability of touching for the long option as well to compare with the short one ???
(y)

sells a call, buys a slightly higher call. Hopes it doesn't get there. Iron condor is when he does it both sides of the market. Sells a put and buys a slightly lower put.

It's called a credit spread when he does one side.

About mid way through option life cycle, look to open a credit spread about that offers about 5% (minimum 3%) on each side and open iron condor if possible. Probability of touching stop loss at 25-30%. Sit back and "earn theta" all the way to the bank.

There is also another entry criteria based on prob of touch but I forget what it is.

sells a call, buys a slightly higher call. Hopes it doesn't get there. Iron condor is when he does it both sides of the market. Sells a put and buys a slightly lower put.

It's called a credit spread when he does one side.

thanks mate :)

i read back on this thread and i think other people have had the same questions as me but never got answered so ill leave i think.

its not very good i think for the owners here to interview him and put it on the homepage when hes doing a course when he doesnt understand options properly :-0

About mid way through option life cycle, look to open a credit spread about that offers about 5% (minimum 3%) on each side and open iron condor if possible. Probability of touching stop loss at 25-30%. Sit back and "earn theta" all the way to the bank.

There is also another entry criteria based on prob of touch but I forget what it is.

This probability of touching stop loss is opinionated right?

hi mate :)

my spacific question is why he doesnt look and compare the probabilites of touching for the short option AND the long option, he only looks at the difference in price and the probability of the first one.

This probability of touching stop loss is opinionated right?

Based on think or swims model but during the course of the thread Howard seemed to show either a lack or understanding or a total disregard to the relationship between the option's fair value and the probability of touching.

hi mate :)

my spacific question is why he doesnt look and compare the probabilites of touching for the short option AND the long option, he only looks at the difference in price and the probability of the first one.

No think he does both sides.

Anyway I'm sick of marketing for Howard he can come and defend his QE put system himself

As I recall, HC has 30% of his trading pot at work on this strategy, so multiply 16%x30% = 4.8% - this is the gain on his overall trading funds for February, which is the correct way to measure it.

LOL Why doesn't he just say so then? :LOL:

The weird thing is, I didn't actually attack him (I just pointed out that his potential students might be wondering why he's turned to teaching so early in his trading career - by his own admission he's been trading this strategy with real money for less than 6 months). For some reason, he decided to take this the wrong way and give me the benefit of his pompous bullsh1t, hence the new beating he's had to take.

That "Interview with..." thing was very weird wasn't it (LOL I was even nice to him about it before this latest row started)? Surely T2W should only be doing those with proven or at least established people, not someone who started last week and whose strategy has been so thoroughly shredded by people like your good self? Crazy really.

Glad to see you back MR.

I am not the only one who does not think your calculation method is the correct way to measure returns in an account devoted to a single strategy. Let's do a thought experiment. Each of the four trading accounts I have all had different trading strategies and different returns. Suppose the returns for last month were all negative. Now this account represents 40% of my trading pot. Using your method, my returns using this strategy would be 40% of 16% or 6.4%. So because I lost money elsewhere my returns here were better? How does your method communicate a more meaningful result than reporting on each account in isolation?

I made a post saying that I think it's irresponsible of T2W to lend credibility to Howard by publishing an article when he intends to teach and manage money when he's been trading less than a year and profs have pulled apart his approach. It was deleted as off topic. Must have paid good money for that article eh Howard?

LOL Why doesn't he just say so then? :LOL:

The weird thing is, I didn't actually attack him (I just pointed out that his potential students might be wondering why he's turned to teaching so early in his trading career - by his own admission he's been trading this strategy with real money for less than 6 months). For some reason, he decided to take this the wrong way and give me the benefit of his pompous bullsh1t, hence the new beating he's had to take.

That "Interview with..." thing was very weird wasn't it (LOL I was even nice to him about it before this latest row started)? Surely T2W should only be doing those with proven or at least established people, not someone who started last week and whose strategy has been so thoroughly shredded by people like your good self? Crazy really.

30 weeks now. :D

thanks mate :)

i read back on this thread and i think other people have had the same questions as me but never got answered so ill leave i think.

its not very good i think for the owners here to interview him and put it on the homepage when hes doing a course when he doesnt understand options properly
:-0

You would have thought so :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:! It's crazy how badly he was exposed earlier on this thread by people who actually know something. :LOL:

Glad to see you back MR.

I am not the only one who does not think your calculation method is the correct way to measure returns in an account devoted to a single strategy. Let's do a thought experiment. Each of the four trading accounts I have all had different trading strategies and different returns. Suppose the returns for last month were all negative. Now this account represents 40% of my trading pot. Using your method, my returns using this strategy would be 40% of 16% or 6.4%. So because I lost money elsewhere my returns here were better? How does your method communicate a more meaningful result than reporting on each account in isolation?

WTF :LOL::LOL::LOL::clap:. Muppet.

That isn't what you are doing in any case! Howie babes, give it up. Your constant evasiveness is one of the main reasons for all of the problems you've had on this site (well, that and the fact that you haven't got a f***ing clue what you're talking about LOL).

Last edited:
I made a post saying that I think it's irresponsible of T2W to lend credibility to Howard by publishing an article when he intends to teach and manage money when he's been trading less than a year and profs have pulled apart his approach. It was deleted as off topic. Must have paid good money for that article eh Howard?

Exactly. (y)

Status
Not open for further replies.