Watch HowardCohodas Trade Index Options Credit Spreads

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's not too bad. Does that mean your account grew by 16% this month so far?

LOL Not quite. Assuming the claim is true (a big assumption with Howie) he doesn't measure returns in that way. It took an incredibly long time to drag it out of him :)rolleyes:) but he uses an "unusual" method to artificially inflate his returns.

That's not too bad. Does that mean your account grew by 16% this month so far?

Yes. I like to think in terms of month on month returns to remove most of the effect of compounding. I do this because some would want to earn a living or supplement their income with this strategy. Results including compounding obscures this key perspective.

LOL Not quite. Assuming the claim is true (a big assumption with Howie) he doesn't measure returns in that way. It took an incredibly long time to drag it out of him :)rolleyes:) but he uses an "unusual" method to artificially inflate his returns.

Cite your reference for this statement.

Yes. I like to think in terms of month on month returns to remove most of the effect of compounding. I do this because some would want to earn a living or supplement their income with this strategy. Results including compounding obscures this key perspective.

Yes was good enough. That wasn't too hard. You dont have to talk about compounding blah blah blah, because i didnt ask about it. So no compounding. Well done. End of jan you had 100%. now you have 116%. We got there in the end.

I think it's funny how you write like you came up with the idea of not compounding your returns on a daily basis to work out your monthly return, it's all very simple and I think you'll find your monthly return doesn't take into account daily compounding. It's just the difference between your balance at the start of the month and the end of the month as a percentage.

Cite your reference for this statement.

I'm not going to trawl back through your thread - the reference if you want one is this thread. You know perfectly well what episode I'm referring to - several people put you under pressure for a long time to get you to admit that you don't measure returns as a percentage of your account.

You went to remarkable lengths to avoid admitting this, and the evidence is here in your own thread. Anyone who wants to read through it can make up their own minds.

Yes was good enough. That wasn't too hard. You dont have to talk about compounding blah blah blah, because i didnt ask about it. So no compounding. Well done. End of jan you had 100%. now you have 116%. We got there in the end.

Brettus, this isn't what he is saying. Like I said, for some reason he doesn't measure returns this way. By your measurement (the same one that everyone else uses) his return was actually a lot lower.

Brettus, this isn't what he is saying. Like I said, for some reason he doesn't measure returns this way. By your measurement (the same one that everyone else uses) his return was actually a lot lower.

I asked him if his balance is 16% higher than it was at the end of January and he said yes.

Howard - Is what Pazienza saying true and you are telling me porkies?

I asked him if his balance is 16% higher than it was at the end of January and he said yes.

Unless he's changed how he measures returns. Instead of total account, he was using funds at risk, or the balance kept at his broker, or some such rubbish. :LOL:

Howard. I thought yanks were outlandish and fun people to be around? What happened dude? Please tell me 16% is right.

Is Pazienza telling the truth? You be the judge. I will not make my account public but, those who challenge me are offered the following proposition. They deposit funds in escrow to pay for an audit by a qualified auditor agreeable to both of us. I will deposit twice that amount. If the auditor verifies the challenger's claims, he gets his money back and the equal amount is donated to a charity of his choice in his name. No one including Pazienza has taken me up on this challenge.

For reasons obscured by nearly constant battle, Paxuenza seems to have a vendetta toward me. We mostly talk past each other rather than to each other. I respond for three reasons. Boredom. Stating the counter case for discerning readers who want to make up their minds for themselves. And when he is grossly over the line of friendly poking fun. He usually wins, not by truth, but by escalating things beyond the level I am willing to go. It's a bullying tactic, but it is effective on me.

Since I became a concealed carry weapons instructor, I have a different attitude about escalating a disagreement without limits, even over the internet. It's a life choice I am happy with.

I think it's funny how you write like you came up with the idea of not compounding your returns on a daily basis to work out your monthly return, it's all very simple and I think you'll find your monthly return doesn't take into account daily compounding. It's just the difference between your balance at the start of the month and the end of the month as a percentage.

There are two reasons I talk about compounding somewhat defensively. First, there is intramonth compounding because of weekly spreads and rolling opportunities. Second because of challenges about relating my reported performance on spreads verses month on month reporting.

I don't think it has to be complicated, but others like PZ seem to think so.

And so it goes.

Is Pazienza telling the truth? You be the judge. I will not make my account public but, those who challenge me are offered the following proposition. They deposit funds in escrow to pay for an audit by a qualified auditor agreeable to both of us. I will deposit twice that amount. If the auditor verifies the challenger's claims, he gets his money back and the equal amount is donated to a charity of his choice in his name. No one including Pazienza has taken me up on this challenge.

For reasons obscured by nearly constant battle, Paxuenza seems to have a vendetta toward me. We mostly talk past each other rather than to each other. I respond for three reasons. Boredom. Stating the counter case for discerning readers who want to make up their minds for themselves. And when he is grossly over the line of friendly poking fun. He usually wins, not by truth, but by escalating things beyond the level I am willing to go. It's a bullying tactic, but it is effective on me.

Since I became a concealed carry weapons instructor, I have a different attitude about escalating a disagreement without limits, even over the internet. It's a life choice I am happy with.

I'm only looking for a simple yes or no answer. I don't want to see your statement. I'll take your word for it. Your net account value is 16% higher than your January net account value according to what you said.

There are two reasons I talk about compounding somewhat defensively. First, there is intramonth compounding because of weekly spreads and rolling opportunities. Second because of challenges about relating my reported performance on spreads verses month on month reporting.

I don't think it has to be complicated, but others like PZ seem to think so.

And so it goes.

Monthly return doesn't take into account intramonth compounding. FACT!!! Most accounts can take into account open positions. If your options are in the money at the end of the month you can take that P&L as a gain until the option is out of the money. Just for the record, montly return only uses 2 variables. Account balance and profit or loss.

Last edited:

LOL

Here we go again. Lots of waffle, lies, obfuscations, instead of just giving a straight answer to Brettus's very simple question.

Did your account increase by 16% Yes or no? Instead, we get rubbish about me, completely irrelevant rubbish about not revealing the size of his account (no-one has asked him to, nor is it necessary to do so to answer, on and on.

And I do not have a vendetta against you. The reasons for my posts are not obscured by anything. You lied about what I wrote. Instead of admitting it, you lie further. All I'm asking is that you admit you lied. :LOL:

Monthly return doesn't take into account intramonth compounding. FACT!!! Most accounts can take into account open positions. If your options are in the money at the end of the month you can take that P&L as a gain until the option is out of the money.

Brettus, you're wasting your time, unless you just want to amuse yourself by watching Howie's bizarre contortions to avoid admitting a simple truth. As you can see, he goes to incredible lengths to do this.

He was thoroughly nailed on this issue earlier in the thread. When he says "16% this month" he doesn't mean it in the way that other people do.

That is assuming it's not a lie in the first place of course. As I say, I think he was using balance at his brokers or some cr@p like that.

He's just trying to inflate his returns.

Status
Not open for further replies.