Watch HowardCohodas Trade Index Options Credit Spreads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Frankly I don't think it did anyone any favours. This is one of the better threads on T2W largely because it has put up a lot of experience against not-so-youthful enthusiasm, and sooner or later we'll see which wins (my money is on the DT, meanreversion, Mr Gecko view of events).

You've been up for the argument though, you write well and been good-spirited if sometimes pig-headed throughout (how you can be so dismissive of people who've been sell-side options players on the basis of your short track record, ability to fly a plane and a reasonable gasp of maths is incredible, but anyway...). That's what's made it a great thread. What I have thought all along is that it way too early for you to be considering tutoring / writing books given such a short time in the saddle, although caveat emptor and anyone considering paying you will no doubt come across this thread and be able to make up their own minds. Sooo, I don't think T2W comes across well for putting you up as a serious player so early in your development, nor you for so readily accepting the role.

This thread is the one I point people to who want to know more about my trading. Those who subsequently ask to be students if/when I start teaching have seen both my methods and their criticisms. Since I believe in full transparency, I disclose my trading history, brief as you may think it is. Therefore potential students are making informed decisions.

I worked in the research centers of two Fortune 500 companies. You seem to have a problem with the Socratic method as you mischaracterize my defense and challenges in return as pig-headed and dismissive. I wonder if you understand how truth is distilled.

Most of my life I was "the youngest who" in many different endeavors. Does that make me correct in my trading methods? NO! But it gives me the confidence to analyze and push back and develop a better understanding of what I do.

A very good post, in which you highlight one of the very serious concerns that potential students must have. Can he teach so soon, and also why would he if he is first and foremost a trader and not just another failure hoping to make a living teaching others to do what he can't?

You have been pretty good lately in not mischaracterizing me. Let's not revert now.

I have never said that I intend to make my living teaching others. You never asked me what my pricing would be or what I would do with the profits or why I would choose to teach. Without proof it is unfair to characterize my motives negatively. Characterizing me with your own motives is called transference. I don't know your motives so I wont suggest that is the basis of your statement. It is instead, to help inform you when you see statements of my motives made by others.

There are quite a few things in the interview that would lift my eyebrows - thinking about an adequate explanation might be a worthwhile use of your time in case your potential students feel the same.

Tell me what those things are. That way I will be forearmed. ;)

You seem to have a problem with the Socratic method as you mischaracterize my defense and challenges in return as pig-headed and dismissive. I wonder if you understand how truth is distilled.

You clearly have no idea what the Socratic method is. Your defence and challenges consist mostly of denial and a refusal to engage with awkward criticisms and factual statements of inaccuracy.

You clearly have no idea what the Socratic method is. Your defence and challenges consist mostly of denial and a refusal to engage with awkward criticisms and factual statements of inaccuracy.

Since I've taught workshops to engineers and scientists that contained elements of the Socratic method, I've some confidence in my position. These professions are populated by a skeptical bunch.

I'm a work in progress and look forward to some specific examples from you so that I can continue to improve.

Howard, I don't know whether you do this on purpose, but it happens so frequently that it is hard to imagine that it can be an accident.

Your debating skills, of which you are so extraordinarily proud, are pitiful and would embarrass a 13 year old. This is a classic example - the building of a woefully transparent straw man, which you then seek, falsely, to demolish.

You have been pretty good lately in not mischaracterizing me. I am not doing so now. Let's not revert now.

I have never said that I intend to make my living teaching others.

I did not claim that you had. You have erected this false argument simply so that you can demolish it. Unfortunately for you it is not one that I actually made.

You never asked me what my pricing would be or what I would do with the profits or why I would choose to teach.

More nonsense. What has this got to do with anything?

Without proof it is unfair to characterize my motives negatively.

I have not "characterized your motives".

Characterizing me with your own motives is called transference.

Once again, so what?

I don't know your motives so I wont suggest that is the basis of your statement. It is instead, to help inform you when you see statements of my motives made by others.

I cannot for the life of me make any sense of these last statements. Perhaps you would like to clarify?

This was my actual post:

A very good post, in which you highlight one of the very serious concerns that potential students must have. Can he teach so soon, and also why would he if he is first and foremost a trader and not just another failure hoping to make a living teaching others to do what he can't?

Nowhere did I do any of the things you suggest. I merely stated (correctly) that potential students would wonder about these things. Such students would wonder why do you feel able to teach so soon after learning yourself? They would wonder why you have been planning to teach from the minute you began trading your method? They would probably conclude that the most likely explanation is that you cannot make money actually trading it.

All of this is clear from my post. Yet for some reason you choose to misrepresent what I said. I suspect that the reason for this is to deflect attention from your inability to address the matters I raised (note, matters raised, not accusations made).

This is doubtless your version of the Socratic method :LOL:.

Why do it Howie? You lose miserably every time you try to tangle with me. I will give you some free advice; if you wish to argue with me, you must do so on the basis of what I have said, not what you wish I had said.

Since I've taught workshops to engineers and scientists that contained elements of the Socratic method, I've some confidence in my position. These professions are populated by a skeptical bunch.

I'm a work in progress and look forward to some specific examples from you so that I can continue to improve.

As someone who has read Plato in the original Greek, and also as someone who possesses a brain, I can assure you that what you do is anything but Socratic. Please see my above post of just the latest example of how you resort to lying rather than engage in debate.

That is an accusation of lying by the way - the deliberate telling of a falsehood. The only other possible explanation is that you are remarkably stupid. I look forward to your apology and retraction. Of course, if you would prefer to admit that you really are that stupid, and your recent post was an honest mistake, I will gladly retract my alleagtion of lying.

Howard, I don't know whether you do this on purpose, but it happens so frequently that it is hard to imagine that it can be an accident.

Your debating skills, of which you are so extraordinarily proud, are pitiful and would embarrass a 13 year old. This is a classic example - the building of a woefully transparent straw man, which you then seek, falsely, to demolish.

Clever but false. You accuse me of building a straw man, but you present a false premise with your "this is my original post." The reader has only to go back a few posts to see that it is false. All your effort and the evidence is so near. :cry:

As someone who has read Plato in the original Greek, and also as someone who possesses a brain, I can assure you that what you do is anything but Socratic. Please see my above post of just the latest example of how you resort to lying rather than engage in debate.

That is an accusation of lying by the way - the deliberate telling of a falsehood. The only other possible explanation is that you are remarkably stupid. I look forward to your apology and retraction. Of course, if you would prefer to admit that you really are that stupid, and your recent post was an honest mistake, I will gladly retract my alleagtion of lying.

What a remarkable statement from one who has been caught in a such a blatant falsehood. Perhaps I misjudged you and you are suffering from transference. :cry:

Clever but false. You accuse me of building a straw man, but you present a false premise with your "this is my original post." The reader has only to go back a few posts to see that it is false. All your effort and the evidence is so near. :cry:

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Howie, that "evidence" that you so diligently uncovered

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/trading-journals/110140-watch-howardcohodas-trade-index-options-credit-spreads-146.html#post1443272

I actually quoted in my post! :LOL::LOL::clap::clap:

That shows that I did not make any of the accusations that you refer to. I was clearly speculating on what a potential student might legitimately wonder.

Howie, you are a buffoon. Your arguments are so weak it is scarcely worth demolishing them. Please point to where, in the post that you linked to, I made any of the accusations that you claimed I made.

If you cannot do so, admit that you were wrong or admit that you are a liar.

What a remarkable statement from one who has been caught in a such a blatant falsehood. Perhaps I misjudged you and you are suffering from transference. :cry:

Unfortunately Howie, I was not "caught in such a blatant falsehood". On the contrary, I demonstrated very clearly that I did not make the accusations that you say I did. I merely pointed out what potential students might be wondering. It is you that has written a falsehood.

The statement is not remarkable, it is merely the truth.

Once again, either you are stupid or you are a liar.

Unfortunately Howie, I was not "caught in such a blatant falsehood". On the contrary, I demonstrated very clearly that I did not make the accusations that you say I did. I merely pointed out what potential students might be wondering. It is you that has written a falsehood.

The statement is not remarkable, it is merely the truth.

Once again, either you are stupid or you are a liar.

You have descended into such a delusional state, I'll just wait until you are back on your meds. Sorry for your troubles. :cry:

You have descended into such a delusional state, I'll just wait until you are back on your meds. Sorry for your troubles. :cry:

Is this more evidence of your Socratic method, Howie :LOL::LOL::LOL:?

A quick recap:

You foolishly accused me of making accusations that I didn't.

I rapidly demonstrated that I didn't make any such accusations.

You then tried unsuccessfully to insist that I did make such accusations.

I demonstrated yet again that I did not do so.

You retreat with ill-grace and a pitiful attempt to save face because you know you have failed yet again.

You are a pompous buffoon. Unless you can claim the justification of being very stupid, I have also just shown you to be a liar.

Good God Howie, tonight's little episode was pitiful even by your standards :LOL:.

Why don't you take the trouble to read what I post before attacking me? It would save you so much embarrassment :D.

By the way, your obstinate refusal to recognise simple facts is one of the reasons people take the p1ss out of you so much.

If you make a stupid or false statement, the best thing to do is acknowledge the fact and move on. Your practice of swearing black is white and attempting to get out of the situation using lies earns you a lot of animosity.

When you try to label your pathetic attempts "the Socratic method" you place yourself beyond parody.

:LOL:

Pazuenza, my friend. Get well soon. I'm so sorry for your current troubles. :cry:

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Are you going senile? Instead of repeating nonsense, why don't you address the fact that I demonstrated that you are either very stupid or a liar.

You accused me of making an accusation. I showed that I hadn't done so. You made a pitiful attempt to insist that I did. I showed again that I hadn't done so.

Admit that you are a liar and apologise for misrepresenting what I wrote.

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Are you going senile? Instead of repeating nonsense, why don't you address the fact that I demonstrated that you are either very stupid or a liar.

You accused me of making an accusation. I showed that I hadn't done so. You made a pitiful attempt to insist that I did. I showed again that I hadn't done so.

Admit that you are a liar and apologise for misrepresenting what I wrote.

Repeating yourself is a sign of mild autism. Get well soon, my friend. :cry:

Repeating yourself is a sign of mild autism. Get well soon, my friend. :cry:

:LOL:

You are repeating yourself. I am insisting that you apologise for lying about what I wrote. There is a difference, although like everything that you find inconvenient I imagine that you will fail to see it.

Many pundits here predicted that higher volatility would be problematic for me. They were right. This week was painful. But wait... February is slated to be my best month ever. So some of my loss limiting mechanisms and profitably enhancements worked as planned. Must continue to be vigilant. Hubris is an uncaring companion.

What was the damage this week then?

Status
Not open for further replies.