Watch HowardCohodas Trade Index Options Credit Spreads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. You can tell the weather is cr@p today and everybody has stayed in.

Anyway, Utd vs Crawley today.

You got that right, I'm not even leaving my study today, let alone the house. I'm cr@pping in a bucket in the corner.

(y)

I went to the pub at lunchtime, came home, been reading 'Golf is not a game of perfect' which IMO is the best trading psychology book never written about trading and now I'm going to eat some mini-cheddars, have another beer and watch Crawley trash the mighty Man U at Old Trafford in HD.

I went to the pub at lunchtime, came home, been reading 'Golf is not a game of perfect' which IMO is the best trading psychology book never written about trading and now I'm going to eat some mini-cheddars, have another beer and watch Crawley trash the mighty Man U at Old Trafford in HD.

Fair enough. Beats cr@pping in a bucket any day. (y)

Many of the pundits here warned me that a jump in volatility would cause me pain, and it did. But wait... February will still be my best month ever. Mustn't get complacent. Hubris is a heartless companion.

Trader333 was kind enough to ask to interview me for Trade2Win. It appears here.

Many of the pundits here warned me that a jump in volatility would cause me pain, and it did. But wait... February will still be my best month ever. Mustn't get complacent. Hubris is a heartless companion.

Trader333 was kind enough to ask to interview me for Trade2Win. It appears here.

I saw your interview H-Dogg. What do you think of it now it's in print so to speak? Do you feel it accomplished your aims?

I saw your interview H-Dogg. What do you think of it now it's in print so to speak? Do you feel it accomplished your aims?
Paul contacted me, so my goals were primarily not to mess up too badly. Did I accomplish that? I'll wait for others to judge.

Paul contacted me, so my goals were primarily not to mess up too badly. Did I accomplish that? I'll wait for others to judge.

Purely as an interview, I think you came across OK actually.

I'm not a fan of the overall concept of what you're doing, although that isn't the question here.

Many pundits here predicted that higher volatility would be problematic for me. They were right. This week was painful. But wait... February is slated to be my best month ever. So some of my loss limiting mechanisms and profitably enhancements worked as planned. Must continue to be vigilant. Hubris is an uncaring companion.

Many pundits here predicted that higher volatility would be problematic for me. They were right. This week was painful. But wait... February is slated to be my best month ever. So some of my loss limiting mechanisms and profitably enhancements worked as planned. Must continue to be vigilant. Hubris is an uncaring companion.

You already did that one, more or less.

You already did that one, more or less.

Oops. Sorry. Several forums have provided the same feedback.

My cousin was one of four siblings. She said her Mom would sometimes tell the same child something four times instead of telling the four children once each. I guess I resemble that. :)

My cousin was one of four siblings. She said her Mom would sometimes tell the same child something four times instead of telling the four children once each. I guess I resemble that. :)

You've done that anecdote before as well Howard :)

There are quite a few things in the interview that would lift my eyebrows - thinking about an adequate explanation might be a worthwhile use of your time in case your potential students feel the same.

Frankly I don't think it did anyone any favours. This is one of the better threads on T2W largely because it has put up a lot of experience against not-so-youthful enthusiasm, and sooner or later we'll see which wins (my money is on the DT, meanreversion, Mr Gecko view of events).

You've been up for the argument though, you write well and been good-spirited if sometimes pig-headed throughout (how you can be so dismissive of people who've been sell-side options players on the basis of your short track record, ability to fly a plane and a reasonable gasp of maths is incredible, but anyway...). That's what's made it a great thread. What I have thought all along is that it way too early for you to be considering tutoring / writing books given such a short time in the saddle, although caveat emptor and anyone considering paying you will no doubt come across this thread and be able to make up their own minds. Sooo, I don't think T2W comes across well for putting you up as a serious player so early in your development, nor you for so readily accepting the role.

Frankly I don't think it did anyone any favours. This is one of the better threads on T2W largely because it has put up a lot of experience against not-so-youthful enthusiasm, and sooner or later we'll see which wins (my money is on the DT, meanreversion, Mr Gecko view of events).

You've been up for the argument though, you write well and been good-spirited if sometimes pig-headed throughout (how you can be so dismissive of people who've been sell-side options players on the basis of your short track record, ability to fly a plane and a reasonable gasp of maths is incredible, but anyway...). That's what's made it a great thread. What I have thought all along is that it way too early for you to be considering tutoring / writing books given such a short time in the saddle, although caveat emptor and anyone considering paying you will no doubt come across this thread and be able to make up their own minds. Sooo, I don't think T2W comes across well for putting you up as a serious player so early in your development, nor you for so readily accepting the role.

A very good post, in which you highlight one of the very serious concerns that potential students must have. Can he teach so soon, and also why would he if he is first and foremost a trader and not just another failure hoping to make a living teaching others to do what he can't?

Status
Not open for further replies.