Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good day all, another market call from me.

We see USA open slighly higher as per futrues then continue the decline from last week.
Will see some whippy conditions when nasdaq is at 1700 on the futures.
Looking at the open in Europe we declined at the open then saw buyers on the back of USA gains in the futures.
So Currently short on DAX 5660 with a 5676 stop
It is going to be volitile so get ready to punce and have trades ready in the market.

Last week I go the Intrest rates spot on and then lossed all the gains when houseing came in worse than expected as like a fool did not see the sudden and fast decline comming.

Hello all and high to Wallstreet Mate !

Hello there my friend

The markets are very strong at present ..........one must be careful with any shorts.

One thing I noticed on last fridays sell off on the FTSE was that the volume was very light..........no conviction!!

Safe stop losses would be over 5200 for any shorts

> 5200 and then 5400 on the cards

Nice bull flag on UUP ..........
if it breaks the resistance there then we could really see EURo sell off and USD/JPY fly northwards

I will fill your mouth with ghee and sugar :):clap:

Btw, USD/CHF, showing strength.

We may see some movement coming up in the next few minutes on caddie crosses - both at key fib levels from previous swing highs, with cadjpy @ days pivot. Price almost static pending release.

We may see some movement coming up in the next few minutes on caddie crosses - both at key fib levels from previous swing highs, with cadjpy @ days pivot. Price almost static pending release.

Short CADJPY 8254, s/l 8274

EDIT: Out -6

Last edited:
ftse

there is no let up

lack of volume, does it concern any one?

what was the volume today folks?

Attachments

• FTSE 100 INDEX.png
    FTSE 100 INDEX.png
    13 KB · Views: 124
I think a majority of traders are fired lol. Since July, we're hearing about low volumes in general. First summer rally, then august low volume, then september holidays return, etc.

jb5v6g.jpg

Webinar with Ashraf Laidi and Chris Lori
fee is $29
no idea if it is any good

Last edited:
Laidi is good, he talked about a drop with FOMC last week and Ive been to a free webinar before of his and it was very educational for myself as I never trade forex so he is also straightforward imo

One I saw was much shorter then 3 hours for the one above. A video he made today : http://bit.ly/192UoP

I think a majority of traders are fired lol. Since July, we're hearing about low volumes in general. First summer rally, then august low volume, then september holidays return, etc.

haha ...........that's the best explanation so far

you should set up your own DaDesitrader TV

Japanese Finance Minister Hirohisa Fujii said currency intervention might be an option if exchange rates make irregular moves, in an apparent effort to dampen the impact of his previous comments that he favored a strong yen.

The yen hit an eight-month high of 88.22 to the dollar on Monday in the wake of repeated comments from Fujii that he wanted to avoid intervention and that a strong yen was good for Japanese domestic demand.

The Japanese currency has since pulled back to near 90.00 to the dollar, giving up all of Monday's gains, as Fujii backpedalled.

"Perhaps Fujii didn't realize how much the market would move on his comments after he became finance minister. But now he realizes that this isn't such a good thing," said Tokichi Ito, deputy general manager of the foreign exchange team at Trust & Custody Services Bank in Tokyo.

"I doubt Fujii has abandoned his view that a strong yen is good for domestic demand and this view is shared by the government. But the yen buying in reaction to the government's stance has likely run its course."

Dollar Hits 8-Month Low vs Yen; Euro Slips
A strong yen has been generally viewed as negative for Japan's export-reliant economy.

It also puts downward pressure on prices in a country where deflation is already at record levels, keeping the Bank of Japan from raising interest rates from near zero any time soon.

Fujii reiterated on Tuesday that global competition to devalue currencies was wrong, but that this didn't mean Tokyo would leave excessive yen rises unattended.

"If moves are irregular, there is a possibility we might take whatever action deemed necessary for the sake of the country," Fujii told a news conference after a cabinet meeting.

He said that his message had been consistent but that it was being misinterpreted by markets.

"I never said a word about leaving a strong yen as it is. I'm saying it's wrong, as history shows, for countries to continuously take policies aimed at lowering the value of their currencies," Fujii said.

Japan Deflation Deepens, Weak Demand Hitting Prices
Analysts were unconvinced, however, saying market forces had led Fujii, picked as finance minister after voters swept the Democratic Party to power at the end of August, to beat a retreat from his previous comments.

"Fujii appears to have been jolted by the yen's rapid appreciation and is worried that the strong yen would throw cold water on the economic recovery led by exports. But it is unlikely the government actually will intervene in the market," said Takumi Tsunoda, an economist at Shinkin Central Bank Research Institute.

The yen strengthened steadily from about 93.00 to the dollar at the start of September as Fujii said many times that he didn't see the need to weaken the Japanese unit for the sake of the country's exporters and that a strong currency also had benefits.

The currency finally hit 88.22 to the dollar on Monday according to Reuters data, the highest level since January, before snapping back towards 90.00.

The dollar climbed back above 90.00 yen briefly on Tuesday, reflecting Fujii's repeated warnings that currency moves were getting too one-sided towards yen rises.

"Until yesterday, he seemed to cheer the strong yen, but now he can't stand it," said Dariusz Kowalczyk, chief investment strategist at SJS Markets Ltd in Hong Kong.

"It puts a question mark on the stability of his policies and how well they are thought out for the long term. It might be better to support exports in the short term and allow the currency to strengthen later once domestic demand picks up more."

In the past, Japan intervened to weaken the yen to help its exporters stay competitive.

But Tokyo has not intervened in the currency market since March 2004, after a 15-month-long, 35 trillion yen ($390.4 billion) selling spree aimed at preventing the yen's strength from snuffing out an economic recovery.

The US markets rallied on very low volume. The volume similar to the july lows after which the market rallied. Such low volumes typically occur on peaks or bottoms. I think we could go down again

Interesting stuff re: yen, WS - shall be an interesting day for the crosses there after the recent fight back.

Over at AUDUSD I am short now @ 8753 - see this pair as ranging (as dollar crosses tend to do before NFP) and selling on a bias change back into the range now 10% from the high.

EDIT: Out -11, 'tis not time!!!

Last edited:
Morning everyone. Also, big MACD divergence on FTSE 100 15M. Should also be on 30M. Gotta go to 9 to 5 today folks. Cya later.

Status
Not open for further replies.