Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is cable now showing bullish divergence? price not breaking below 1.5810ish, while MACD heading down.

DDT, becareful on MACD, it needs more confirmation. Any big move will print a lower reading and cancel divergence. Is there support? Maybe a differnt TF? Look for other reasons to go long rather than purely divergence.

I had a buy order at 5125 on FTSE, looking to buy at the break of Friday's 2 or 3 days pullback. I removed it today, because my bias was short. Sometimes KISS works eh :)

euro short triggered, i was discussing this with one of the individuals I was mentoring today

I am shorting indices and I am also short oil

Attachments

• Spot FX EUR_USD (28-SEP-09).png
    Spot FX EUR_USD (28-SEP-09).png
    18.4 KB · Views: 124
I had a buy order at 5125 on FTSE, looking to buy at the break of Friday's 2 or 3 days pullback. I removed it today, because my bias was short. Sometimes KISS works eh :)

You too eh...? B*gger innit :cry:

I posted this yesterday afternoon:

Looking at my charts we have putative swing lows on the DOW, the Nasdaq 100 and the S&P. Buys above Friday's highs would appear to be the way to go. If the FTSE's low had been 6 points lower then we would have a putative swing low there too.

You too eh...? B*gger innit :cry:

I posted this yesterday afternoon:

Looking at my charts we have putative swing lows on the DOW, the Nasdaq 100 and the S&P. Buys above Friday's highs would appear to be the way to go. If the FTSE's low had been 6 points lower then we would have a putative swing low there too.

Haha , yeah just realised. Could've been a good day to sit on your entry and watch it go 5400 for a good weekly swing. Maybe... Eitherway, B/E was easily adjustable.

Haha , yeah just realised. Could've been a good day to sit on your entry and watch it go 5400 for a good weekly swing. Maybe... Eitherway, B/E was easily adjustable.

Mr G, are you considering a break of 24 Sep's High to go a swing long?. Price is around there right now.

Mr G, are you considering a break of 24 Sep's High to go a swing long?. Price is around there right now.

DDT - I'd look for a break of today's high for a long. Although I have to say longs just feel wrong at the moment.....but that is what the chart is saying.....

The future's price is already higher than today's close isnt it?

Not sure TBH as I haven't checked but most likely it is. Depends if you only trade market hours I suppose.

Another way to look at this is that today's action obliterates the corrective days on 23rd and 24th. Today's high is lower than the high on 22nd so a buy above today's high would be agressive. A buy above the high of the 22nd would be less so IMHO as it marks the high (so far) for the trend.

It will be interesting to see what happens if/when we get to 5,190.

Now I have to make 60 pips to cover that failure, due to the way my scale out rules work. Hence calling this maximum failure. Ouch.

Is it just me, or E$ not that great to trade. I seem to get the most failures with E$ and EY so far.

Awwwww missed all the forex fun and frolicks it looks like...just caught the tail end of an e$ short @ 14656 (nice trendline and close to pivot for good s/l other side too). I can't get over certain nerves when trading e$ and won't be holding this long I think, esp looking at what it's been doing today.

Also short AUDJPY 7822 and CADJPY 8235 on bias change from their fib retracements - as usual not the best entries, but rules followed so we'll see.

EDIT: No sooner finished writing that and I glance at charts to see a lovely red thing on e$. Out @ 14612 for +42

I am short euro again

trend line paying great divdends chaps

Attachments

• Spot FX EUR_USD (28-SEP-09).png
    Spot FX EUR_USD (28-SEP-09).png
    19.6 KB · Views: 117
Also short AUDJPY 7822 and CADJPY 8235 on bias change from their fib retracements - as usual not the best entries, but rules followed so we'll see.

Out AUSJPY +18, caddie +4 - caddie ranging now until central bank speech later which I plan to trade, and with todays range done no potential in these trades and shouldn't really have entered in the first place. Just came late to the game today and felt I was missing stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.