Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Short FTSE at 5097. Reason. MACD divergence + Test of previous resistance at 5100, FTSE not looking strong and correlated currencies also looking weaker. Again, this is all tosh, if it doesnt go myway :)

I think I am about to have maximum failure on E$! bugger.

Yes, there it goes -20 for me.

edit: that was very poor stop placement too me thinks!

Now I have to make 60 pips to cover that failure, due to the way my scale out rules work. Hence calling this maximum failure. Ouch.

Is it just me, or E$ not that great to trade. I seem to get the most failures with E$ and EY so far.

Now I have to make 60 pips to cover that failure, due to the way my scale out rules work. Hence calling this maximum failure. Ouch.

Is it just me, or E$ not that great to trade. I seem to get the most failures with E$ and EY so far.

I dont like E$. Have you tried EUR/GBP? I dont know why, i like that pair.

@ Geo, no time for that pair myself, based on gut reaction to seeing PA on dailies, still testing with EY seems okish so far.

PS Geo

as always IMHO,

Don't go thinking about recovering a loss like that, that trade is over, done , never to be repeated. Just keep going , find your next trades as if the last trade never happened (applies to winners aswell).

I'm not a fan of EUR/GBP DDT

Looking back at E$, I should have taken the 1st 2m trigger, and I could have also scaled out to Z risk. Instead i didn't wait for the 2nd trigger, so all my fault really.

Looking for new short entry.

PS Geo

as always IMHO,

Don't go thinking about recovering a loss like that, that trade is over, done , never to be repeated. Just keep going , find your next trades as if the last trade never happened (applies to winners aswell).

Yes, you're quite right. I suppose I only mentioned it, because I am still undecided as to whether or not the zero risk scale out plan is right or not. When it works, trades are a breeze, you can just sit back and relax - if it fails, then not so good :(

I think Cable and £Y maybe finding support as suggested by Manya - I am still short Cable for now though.

Double my short on FTSE at 5102.

Good day all, another market call from me.

We see USA open slighly higher as per futrues then continue the decline from last week.
Will see some whippy conditions when nasdaq is at 1700 on the futures.
Looking at the open in Europe we declined at the open then saw buyers on the back of USA gains in the futures.
So Currently short on DAX 5660 with a 5676 stop
It is going to be volitile so get ready to punce and have trades ready in the market.

Last week I go the Intrest rates spot on and then lossed all the gains when houseing came in worse than expected as like a fool did not see the sudden and fast decline comming.

Hello all and high to Wallstreet Mate !

i opened a E$ long @ 653, target 672

didn't put a sell order on though, came back and the price has been and gone...now i'm sitting on it just waiting for it to go bad :(

might still be some fight in it yet...

soooo close to getting stopped out. my stops @ 638, all i was supposed to be doing was grabbing a quick 20 pips upto my channel ceiling.

cut your profits short and let your losses run :rolleyes:

and there endeth my aimless gambling for the day.

Last edited:
I scaled out 2/3rd of my Cable trade for +50 - letting the remainder run, with stop at BE - currently +75ish on remainder.

DDT, you should still be in!!

There was a new trigger for E$, but I've had enough of E$ for now.

Bad luck Dr. B!

Got stopped on the short , but got in again at 6680 now at 5663 = BreaK Even on the day.

Will wait the USA open and see what happends..... open higher then lower or lower then higher ?

I scaled out 2/3rd of my Cable trade for +50 - letting the remainder run, with stop at BE - currently +75ish on remainder.

DDT, you should still be in!!

There was a new trigger for E$, but I've had enough of E$ for now.

Bad luck Dr. B!

Tell me about it mate. :mad::(

Got stopped on the short , but got in again at 6680 now at 5663 = BreaK Even on the day.

Will wait the USA open and see what happends..... open higher then lower or lower then higher ?

You stopped out now? These indices are full of helium :)

Long the DOW from 9724, on the basis of it trading above the support level of 9700, and my Stoc, RSI and MACD were all turning up from oversold area. $ is a bit weaker from the open as well. i think all the M&A news will give the market a lift as well as people wanting to be in the market at the quarter end...but what do I know. My SL is at BE. This makes up for my losses this am on shorting the DAX.

Long the DOW from 9724, on the basis of it trading above the support level of 9700, and my Stoc, RSI and MACD were all turning up from oversold area. $ is a bit weaker from the open as well. i think all the M&A news will give the market a lift as well as people wanting to be in the market at the quarter end...but what do I know. My SL is at BE. This makes up for my losses this am on shorting the DAX.
Took my profit at 9752.

Status
Not open for further replies.