Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe EUR/JPY has just tested whether the break of resistance (1.3057) from yesterday will hold or not. On that belief I have gone long. Entry 1.3079 SL 40 pips.

Am hoping GBP/JPY will also test 1.400 again for a long entry on that.

:)

Did you get any action on your 5 alarms?

CHFJPY, closed +30
EURJPY, still in +80
AUDUSD, (-12 on pre-empting signal, stoopid) but now @ +22

(missed EURUSD/GBPUSD entries - couldn't catch them all)

I'm trading fib retracements on the 4H, with the bias change thing you probably hear me and Geofract rabbit on about, but AUDUSD is a bit of a different trade. I see that pair as ranging, best seen on 1H, so trading it back down from this top once I see a change in direction 10% from the range high. Looking back on the days immediately prior to NFP, usd crosses tend to range like this.

So my eventual target here is 8620 but pivot as first target 8692. Either way, I'm at zero risk now with some profit locked in from EY so will take a break for most of the day now.

after yesterdays break out and looking at this chart pattern i just can't justify a fall ....especially after this mornings price action even with a drop in the EURO which has already been priced in

provided EURO holds at the 1.4560 level we should get a further rise to 5190 or even above 5200

but oil needs to start to rise

Attachments

• FTSE 100 Daily (28-SEP-09).png
    FTSE 100 Daily (28-SEP-09).png
    19.1 KB · Views: 119
CHFJPY, closed +30
EURJPY, still in +80
AUDUSD, (-12 on pre-empting signal, stoopid) but now @ +22

(missed EURUSD/GBPUSD entries - couldn't catch them all)

I'm trading fib retracements on the 4H, with the bias change thing you probably hear me and Geofract rabbit on about, but AUDUSD is a bit of a different trade. I see that pair as ranging, best seen on 1H, so trading it back down from this top once I see a change in direction 10% from the range high. Looking back on the days immediately prior to NFP, usd crosses tend to range like this.

So my eventual target here is 8620 but pivot as first target 8692. Either way, I'm at zero risk now with some profit locked in from EY so will take a break for most of the day now.

Nice Shooting,

I have charts on all majors but usually trade only Cable. I check them all as part of my routine as often one will provide a breakout as the others go sideways.
i agree as we approach Friday we will see a deminished range.
always keen to learn more is there a link to your system?

I believe EUR/JPY has just tested whether the break of resistance (1.3057) from yesterday will hold or not. On that belief I have gone long. Entry 1.3079 SL 40 pips.

You just had to come in and fade me, didn't you? :)

You ruined it all, Manya! OK fine, I'll give you this one...close enough to pivot for a decent exit, and with the quick fall a pullback is probably in order anyway. Out of EY for +66

You just had to come in and fade me, didn't you? :)

Sorry mate, but very impressive results on your trades this morning! You got quite a good system going on. When do you intend to scale up your positions as it seems like your success ratio is pretty high. (y)

double on bottom on FTSE put in

I am long FTSE 5144 ..stop loss 5114

target 5190...possibly above 5200

Euro recovering well

Oil holding steady

US futures steady Sp500 holding 1060 well

Last edited:
after yesterdays break out and looking at this chart pattern i just can't justify a fall ....especially after this mornings price action even with a drop in the EURO which has already been priced in

provided EURO holds at the 1.4560 level we should get a further rise to 5190 or even above 5200

but oil needs to start to rise

OK chaps I am off to sleep

over to you Mr Laplabara ,Chelski and Geofract...........the 3 musketeers of the currency world!!

All for one one pip, and one pip for all

Last edited:
Got slammed on my market calls yesterday :(
The market was exreamly bullish and continued to make higher highs through out the day.
As expected we saw lower prices later with a decline of 50pts from the high on the DOW.
Important at the close we saw buy on close orders ( see you charts )
As for today asfter our rally I expect a flat to higher opening with a decline from 3pm London time.
My reason for this is negative home sales and the ressieesion is biting hard in USA. At 3pm we get consumer confedence which is for me the main indicator, if it is below 57 we sell if it is higher than 57 we wait for 10 mins after mom and pop get in to the market then sell.

The last days of september are allways weak, on Thursday we see the begingn of a new and final quarter, it is my plann that we this years highs been smashed in the first two weeks of october.

Well thats my 2 pence , any one thinking along the same lines ?

Got slammed on my market calls yesterday :(
The market was exreamly bullish and continued to make higher highs through out the day.
As expected we saw lower prices later with a decline of 50pts from the high on the DOW.
Important at the close we saw buy on close orders ( see you charts )
As for today asfter our rally I expect a flat to higher opening with a decline from 3pm London time.
My reason for this is negative home sales and the ressieesion is biting hard in USA. At 3pm we get consumer confedence which is for me the main indicator, if it is below 57 we sell if it is higher than 57 we wait for 10 mins after mom and pop get in to the market then sell.

The last days of september are allways weak, on Thursday we see the begingn of a new and final quarter, it is my plann that we this years highs been smashed in the first two weeks of october.

Well thats my 2 pence , any one thinking along the same lines ?

be careful with shorts my friend ..........market very strong at present and 5400 ver very very high probability

> 5130 ...market will carry on rallying
< 5130 market will fall

Mining sector and telecoms weak today...........once they catch a bid this market will carry on rallying

Sorry mate, but very impressive results on your trades this morning! You got quite a good system going on. When do you intend to scale up your positions as it seems like your success ratio is pretty high. (y)

I won't scale up my positions until I am confident my discipline is there. I still do lots of rubbish things (I mean, really rubbish), and these need to be ironed out while my position size is small because I know they will be amplified once I scale up.

Also, its just today and yesterday I've been posting and I've happened to have had winners, but the losses are there too - the success % is high though, but the majority of losses are due to me and not the system, and I can't really justify putting more money on the line until that changes.

I won't scale up my positions until I am confident my discipline is there. I still do lots of rubbish things (I mean, really rubbish), and these need to be ironed out while my position size is small because I know they will be amplified once I scale up.

Also, its just today and yesterday I've been posting and I've happened to have had winners, but the losses are there too - the success % is high though, but the majority of losses are due to me and not the system, and I can't really justify putting more money on the line until that changes.

Sounds sensible mate. You're using Newtron Bomb's methods right? Or some other as well?

Hi ya Wallstreet Mate.
I do still pop in here ocasionally to see how you all are doing.
Lat week we saw a big decline after the fed on Wednesday.
5150 ish is holding just about on foots, however we saw a big rise up yesterday so for me expecting some pull back.

But yes this market is very strong at the moment.

Listening to Tv last night and there are trillions held in money market accouts that are awaiting to be invested in stocks. For me the stockmarket is range bound and we are currently at the highs.

Take a last weeks highs and last weeks lows, we hit a 50% retracement of that yesterday. Yestedays move I read it as a trap to get the longs in.Any continuation of that move would well and truely surprise me.

Hi ya Wallstreet Mate.
I do still pop in here ocasionally to see how you all are doing.
Lat week we saw a big decline after the fed on Wednesday.
5150 ish is holding just about on foots, however we saw a big rise up yesterday so for me expecting some pull back.

But yes this market is very strong at the moment.

Listening to Tv last night and there are trillions held in money market accouts that are awaiting to be invested in stocks. For me the stockmarket is range bound and we are currently at the highs.

Take a last weeks highs and last weeks lows, we hit a 50% retracement of that yesterday. Yestedays move I read it as a trap to get the longs in.Any continuation of that move would well and truely surprise me.

yes we may get a triple top on FTSE @ 5190 and then fall

the only variable that could spoil the party is oil, which will coicinde witha EURO slide below 1.4560

wish you the best in your trading my friend

and thank you for coming back time to time

always good to hear your view

Status
Not open for further replies.