Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Geo, mate. What strategy do you use? I mean, if its not secret.

It's no secret London, I've been shouting about it for weeks :) Well, I haven't disclosed the entire methods, but I've given some big clues.

I trade 2 of the strategies developed by Phil Newton (AKA Newtron Bomb on T2W) his site is here Trading Strategies. | A Forex Education Community

The Lapster is trading the same strats as well. I'm glad to say we're both doing quite well with these methods so far :) Happy days!

£Y not triggered buy signal just yet btw for anyone watching that pair.

A question for peeps trading Yen pairs.

If you know where to find a percentage breakdown of the Yen Index weighting on the interweb I would really appreciate a link (via pm please)?

Geo

Trading requires a proven strategy, and the consistent application of the strategy (discipline). Boring stuff hey :)

I am getting buy signals on £Y, but better not take it - time for bed!

£Y is being a PIA , has been all week , had 2 slaps in a row, I'm taking the hint ;)

RE: Your Y index Q , no idea mate, didn't even know there was one , shows how much attention I pay :cheesy: will have a mooch tomorrow see if I find anything or not ?

Nice upward Channel on 1h £$

Attachments

• Spot FX GBP_USD (11-SEP-09).png
    Spot FX GBP_USD (11-SEP-09).png
    27.1 KB · Views: 104
It's no secret London, I've been shouting about it for weeks :) Well, I haven't disclosed the entire methods, but I've given some big clues.

I trade 2 of the strategies developed by Phil Newton (AKA Newtron Bomb on T2W) his site is here Trading Strategies. | A Forex Education Community

The Lapster is trading the same strats as well. I'm glad to say we're both doing quite well with these methods so far :) Happy days!

£Y not triggered buy signal just yet btw for anyone watching that pair.

You mean this one? http://www.trade2win.com/boards/for...55-phil-newtons-range-break-out-strategy.html

Or are you referring to subscribe on his website with money and then some other strategy which he will share?

Short Cable 16697.

Closed level. Look for re entry
Timing is everything

Last edited:
£Y is being a PIA , has been all week , had 2 slaps in a row, I'm taking the hint ;)

RE: Your Y index Q , no idea mate, didn't even know there was one , shows how much attention I pay :cheesy: will have a mooch tomorrow see if I find anything or not ?

Hi Mas,

I hope those slaps weren't too painful!

£Y is range bound by my reckoning, and I shouldn't have even been considering buying it according to the rules! Stupid me.

RE: Y Index weighting, I found this for the Dollar US Dollar Index and am looking for something similar on the Y. Perhaps it doesn't exist though?

Attachments

• h3_range.jpg
    h3_range.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 94
Hi Mas,

I hope those slaps weren't too painful!

£Y is range bound by my reckoning, and I shouldn't have even been considering buying it according to the rules! Stupid me.

RE: Y Index weighting, I found this for the Dollar US Dollar Index and am looking for something similar on the Y. Perhaps it doesn't exist though?

GBPJPY after the BoE interest rate announcement rocketed up and needs time to get out of that range and start trending, which it just about has done now on the downside I think, along with eurjpy.

However CADJPY has been trending quietly and surely, thats my only trade for the day so far (just shame this sleep thing gets in the way and I couldn't have got an earlier entry).

thats my only trade for the day so far (just shame this sleep thing gets in the way

you mean you SLEEP?!! call yourself a trader?!

i haven't slept since 1938...sleeping's for wimps and small woodland creatures..GET WITH THE PROGRAM PALABRA!

(i have a hangover...:cheesy:)

Second is free or for paid subscribers only?

Aye Lad, it's £50 for 6 months though, so not too bad. There's a bunch of others strats on his site too btw, it's just I choose to trade only 2 of them for now. The counter trend strat he's developed looks interesting as well, and I hope to trade that when I have time to learn the rules. There's very good price action info on there too.

you mean you SLEEP?!! call yourself a trader?!

i haven't slept since 1938...sleeping's for wimps and small woodland creatures..GET WITH THE PROGRAM PALABRA!

(i have a hangover...:cheesy:)

I think life would be much more interesting if as a species we all hibernated for 3 months of the year and had a mating season.

(Ourselves and Bonobo monkeys are the only animals that don't have a mating season, apparently)

GBPJPY after the BoE interest rate announcement rocketed up and needs time to get out of that range and start trending, which it just about has done now on the downside I think, along with eurjpy.

However CADJPY has been trending quietly and surely, thats my only trade for the day so far (just shame this sleep thing gets in the way and I couldn't have got an earlier entry).

EY made an H3 bias change to short yesterday Lapster - 17.00 would have been a lovely entry :)

Yes, nice clear trend on CY. What price did you get in?

hey geo, seen SEY?

re that PM i sent you, i thought it would have dropped to 3.2p on the 11th, then i was going to buy. it's actually broken out today instead. i bought @ 3.8p, hope i've not made an error with this one with the FTSE at this crossroads... :eek:

I think life would be much more interesting if as a species we all hibernated for 3 months of the year and had a mating season.

(Ourselves and Bonobo monkeys are the only animals that don't have a mating season, apparently)

mating season is every friday and saturday in newcastle city centre :whistling

FTSE 100

KEY LEVEL 5011

see chart where two red lines intersect , also prev support now = resistance

I think we can look forward to a gap down tomorrow

lets see what the wild asain session brings

> 5011 .........open up long to 5030 - 5050 ...possibly push higher

< 5011 ..........short to 4962 , 4935

good morning chaps

just woke up

Attachments

• FTSE 100 Daily (10-SEP-09).png