Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
If only I had a penny everytime I heard that. What were you saying about Vantage point curve and all that. What is your analysis behind that move. I shared mine, was based on recent Candle patterns and ther reactions after a strong trend exhaust and subsequent pullback. I could be completely wrong on this, but I shared my reasoning. What's yours mate?

London lad is ur short still open Market went up wot do u think now will it come down

Traded with VP for 4 yrs now - I find it gives reasonable signals on major indices but I often abuse them by going too early (a typical alpha male problem:))

Today is a really early call with a flattening Predicted short term indicator and if I was long I would be tightening stops but I have been persuaded by my personal view that the market is due a correction - todays cash S&P high was suggested at 1038.50 hence the entry.

On uptrends it is usual for predicted highs to be exceeded but late in an up cycle (as now) not by much so I try to catch a down wave by being in with a reasonable stop.

There is a neural index indicator which kicks in and usually the 2nd day of that move is a very good down signal (not always though... as ever) - this has yet to be even triggered as we stand.

I find with strong uptrends we get a one day bounceback so normally look for that before adding to the position hence the T+2 comment.

Actually I am just reacting to being sha**ed on Cable where I was stopped out by 1 point before the big uptick at 16480!

The joy of trading eh! (...oh and just as I enetred the trade the S&P ticked up 4 points - time to go for a beer)

Good luck with your trading - best regards Paul.

Sorry London Lad - just seen your 7:06pm post after writing my 7:42pm - my 7:03pm post crossed with yours as I was writing it I guess

Happy to share all I have from trading with VP - I do not have the latest version however and for all the hype when it came out it is just a trend following system (and it has given many false signals in the recent run up to boot).

I am still sure about my entry. I could get stopped out at 5047 tomorrow or during night. The candles on dailies are very convincing.

I am still sure about my entry. I could get stopped out at 5047 tomorrow or during night. The candles on dailies are very convincing.

London_lad, apologies for the intrusion, but your last entry (5000) and stop-loss (5047) are identical to one I have received this evening from a FTSE calling club that I use - any chance you own or are employed by the said FTSE calling club or are you a member of said club giving out their proprietary calls for free on this forum (I note you have linked to them on previously on this thread)? Only other possibility, co-incidence, in which case forgive me for asking...

Again, appologies for the intrusion, but I lurk on this thread a lot (especially to learn from WallStreet1928 and Dentist007, and for Dr. B's and Lapalabra's superb wit, not to detract from their obvious trading skills!) and, hence, try to get a feel for the various personae on this thread, yours included.....and I just needed to know whether I was getting information from the same source when I receive signals from the calling club and see your own trades on this forum.

As for me, I am still very much a newbie, not experienced enough to be trading with live currency yet, but am learning more from the posters on this thread (you included) every day and hope to get on my own trading feet, so to speak, in the near future...:eek:

Last edited:
EURO looking to short this on the morrow

i will wait and see how it reacts overnight in asia

I will be looking for downside targets where prev resistance = support

@

1.4520 & 1.4435

Attachments

• Spot FX EUR_USD (10-SEP-09).png
    Spot FX EUR_USD (10-SEP-09).png
    26.2 KB · Views: 125
FTSE 100

KEY LEVEL 5011

see chart where two red lines intersect , also prev support now = resistance

I think we can look forward to a gap down tomorrow

lets see what the wild asain session brings

> 5011 .........open up long to 5030 - 5050 ...possibly push higher

< 5011 ..........short to 4962 , 4935

Attachments

• FTSE 100 Daily (10-SEP-09).png
    FTSE 100 Daily (10-SEP-09).png
    22.8 KB · Views: 120
US OIL

putting in slightly lower high's and lower lows..........but marginal!!

still needs to be watched ............

I would certainly be in the short camp

trading sideways even with nice drop in the DOLLAR ............

any dollary recovery will pressure crude and force it below $70

1st down side target would $70.5

$71.5 would be near term target and then $70.5

if we break above $72.15 then I will certainly buy as we could rip higher, wait for 10 min candle confirmation, lower low negated and we march upwards once again

Attachments

• US Light Crude (OCT-09).png
    US Light Crude (OCT-09).png
    20 KB · Views: 116
trading requires:

dedication, discipline, perseverance, patience, steadfastness, skill, timing ,

any other words you can think of chaps to add to the list

the light bulb came on upstairs and I thought i'd do this exercise

London_lad, apologies for the intrusion, but your last entry (5000) and stop-loss (5047) are identical to one I have received this evening from a FTSE calling club that I use - any chance you own or are employed by the said FTSE calling club or are you a member of said club giving out their proprietary calls for free on this forum (I note you have linked to them on previously on this thread)? Only other possibility, co-incidence, in which case forgive me for asking...

Again, appologies for the intrusion, but I lurk on this thread a lot (especially to learn from WallStreet1928 and Dentist007, and for Dr. B's and Lapalabra's superb wit, not to detract from their obvious trading skills!) and, hence, try to get a feel for the various personae on this thread, yours included.....and I just needed to know whether I was getting information from the same source when I receive signals from the calling club and see your own trades on this forum.

As for me, I am still very much a newbie, not experienced enough to be trading with live currency yet, but am learning more from the posters on this thread (you included) every day and hope to get on my own trading feet, so to speak, in the near future...:eek:

I am a newbie myself. I signedup with them a while ago as trial and really liked their signals, however, I don't want to be fed the fish everyday and I started to analyse their signals against MA's, Supports, Trendlines, etc. I got the hang of it, sometimes I get and at times I don't. I got out of my buy earlier, because FTSE couldnt stay above 5020 in a steady way. Also, as I mentioned, the Candle on dailies at the close of FTSE was very doji dodgy :)

I will try these methods, and if I fail, I may signup with the club for money, to see if they have amended their methodology to match changing markets. It is fun to receive a signal, see if it works, and if it does, then analyse what would've trigerred this signal. Compare it with a few other working signals and you'll crack it. When I traded on their signal, - as you said, I mentioned this on this forum after the trade. So I am not posing to be a genious and hiding my secret dark sources :)

Just to give you an example. Look at the lower trendlines on hourlies from 3rd, 4th and 9th of September. Today, it showed weakness in that line. Then the 20MA on 5k which was support in the morning became resistance and now seems to act a bit like support. Also, 20MA is closer to cut into 50MA. Previous attempts for doing that have faded early on with bounces (such as on 4th and 9th). I think this is overdue now.

This could all be tosh. Just giving my reasoning for this. If you read trader_dante's thread. You will see confluence, I am looking for high probability that some traders may go for MA cut, some may go for 3rd time is lucky for MA cut, some may go for oversold RSI and Stochastic on this one, some people may want to cut their profits in fear of big September bear. More chances of people going in my direction is better for my bank. Otherwise, I will have a ****ty weekend :)

Last edited:
Trading requires a proven strategy, and the consistent application of the strategy (discipline). Boring stuff hey :)

I am getting buy signals on £Y, but better not take it - time for bed!

Guys, I am trying to develop a strategy. This is how it goes.

Open weekly chart and make boxes of 4 candles (20 working days). Trade the breakouts, following just one rule.

- If breakout is long, then see if the previous box breakout was also long, if yes then did it give more than 3% returns of the your entry value of index? - If yes, dont trade. If no, then trade.

Reverse for shorts.

What do you guys think?

Last edited:
Trading requires a proven strategy, and the consistent application of the strategy (discipline). Boring stuff hey :)

I am getting buy signals on £Y, but better not take it - time for bed!

Geo, mate. What strategy do you use? I mean, if its not secret.

Status
Not open for further replies.