Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Long or short ?
Well hello guys and hello Walstreet mate,
Markets are strong but running out of steam.
What we saw today was a blow out where all stops were taken out on the foostie, similar happened yesterday in USA markets.
Any one short yesterday had to be patent and confedent about there trades.
We have a topping senario and awaiting a pull back so will play tis game as I see it but with a view of loading up on the shorts agressively on any pull back below 4976 on footsie.
Good luck today.
At USA open we either go up and sell or open with selling.
Get ready for the action fowks :)
Regards to All Tom

Long or short ?
Well hello guys and hello Walstreet mate,
Markets are strong but running out of steam.
What we saw today was a blow out where all stops were taken out on the foostie, similar happened yesterday in USA markets.
Any one short yesterday had to be patent and confedent about there trades.
We have a topping senario and awaiting a pull back so will play tis game as I see it but with a view of loading up on the shorts agressively on any pull back below 4976 on footsie.
Good luck today.
At USA open we either go up and sell or open with selling.
Get ready for the action fowks :)
Regards to All Tom

thank you for sharing your insight

I agree with your bearishness on the FTSE due to the chart formation i have attached but my only concern is 5100 as being the high!!

all of my market leading stocks are showing weakness , barc, mks, blt and even bp!!

Attachments

• FTSE 100 Daily (10-SEP-09).png
    FTSE 100 Daily (10-SEP-09).png
    21.4 KB · Views: 102
That was a nice entry on E$ Dr.B, shame you exited! - See how price is bouncing from the 61.8 fib of yestedays swing.

Almost how I would have traded it, except my entry would have been at 1.4535, and I would have scaled out 2/3rd at +10 in my favour. This would be a nice zero risk trade now.

Come and join the lapster and I for a little dark side trading, and pip collection if you like sometime :)

edit: surly pips incuded LOL

ooh, that's a very 'clean' looking chart mate!

showing off your dark skills again ey?! (heheh...:p)

i'm going to sort the skype thing out...times like this (when equities are too risky) i need something to keep my mouse finger from going to sleep.

i'll give you a PM when i get skype on my puter. i almost got on the top of this fall too.

i opened a E$ short @ 14580 and got stopped out @ 14603 by 5 BLOODY PTS!

that means that i could have had around 150 pips today if i hadn't closed 2 too early and used a wider stop on my last one...:-0

and this was just using geometric channels and osc div on the 10min TF.

watch for 200 MA on 10 min and also double bottom intraday

i am going to wait for 10 min candle as usual to close below for confirmation of short!!

I understand your comment about double bottom and 10 min candle. You wait for it to close beyond your key level and then another 2 to 4 minutes beyond your level. But, what do you mean by 200MA. What to watch about it? 20 or 50 crossing it?

Ok. Here is my analysis. on 15M chart, the 20MA is cutting into 200MA. If this doesn't take us down below WS's 4962 key level, then expect a bounce off this 200MA and 20MA's cut through 50MA. Back into 5k zone.

Confirmation for long for me would be, price holding itself above 200MA of 15M (same confirmation style as WS -ie, wait for 10M candle to close above and then 2 to 4 more minutes for price to stay above on next candle).
200MA at the moment on 15M is around 4975ish.

I understand your comment about double bottom and 10 min candle. You wait for it to close beyond your key level and then another 2 to 4 minutes beyond your level. But, what do you mean by 200MA. What to watch about it? 20 or 50 crossing it?

double bottom and 200 MA

200 MA always rock hard support on downside

Attachments

• FTSE 100 Daily (10-SEP-09).png
    FTSE 100 Daily (10-SEP-09).png
    22.8 KB · Views: 124
Ok. There it is.

FTSE : Long @ 4981 - SL at 4921
EUR/USD : Short @ 1.45286 at 1.4647

WS + SD + Anyone: what do you think?

Last edited:
This is an early trade on the curve - using Vantagepoint

Short S&P 500 Future @ 1038.13

Stop 1047.50

If the trade becomes positive aiming to shift to b/e

will add to position T+2 allowing for rebound at predicted high -20%

Candle on Dailies. Compare it with 27 Jul, 10, 16 and 31 August. This is the longest I think. Look at the action followed by these candles on their next days. Its my attempt at Swinging it.

Its a punt of £100 to put it this way, but if I can catch a draft like 1st Sep or 17th Aug. Boy, it's worth it.

This is an early trade on the curve - using Vantagepoint

Short S&P 500 Future @ 1038.13

Stop 1047.50

If the trade becomes positive aiming to shift to b/e

will add to position T+2 allowing for rebound at predicted high -20%

Paul, is this a known methodology? look at my reasoning for doing this. Can you fwd to some material re this?

Status
Not open for further replies.