Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
On my weekly trendline, it should be above 1.7, but its showing weakness and this is a pullback from down weeks of W33 and W34.

Also, I am betting on dollar to finally get backup. A lot of forces would want gold to stay below 1k

for once i'm looking forward to the US opening and hopefully shaking things up a little.

this is like watching paint dry, in fact it's like watching someone else, who's watching someone else, watch paint day...

i see my reputation precedes me :cheesy:

...and it's cymbal my dear fellow! (unless you're referring to a new type of very small percussive instrument that you wear like a thimble? :p)

LOL :LOL:

I knew you wouldnt be able to resist mentioning the spelling :LOL:

Being a music guru and all that.

Nice to see you are paying attention.

You just playing penny shares now or are you also looking at other things?

When you next coming down? - Tut dales

:)

On my weekly trendline, it should be above 1.7, but its showing weakness and this is a pullback from down weeks of W33 and W34.

Also, I am betting on dollar to finally get backup. A lot of forces would want gold to stay below 1k

I think we need a stock market correction to see that rather than another move up. Cable is seriously bid at the moment. USD is even losing value against yen despite rising stocks. This mornings higher than expected ppi suggests inflation which takes the chances of more QE off the table. Yesterdays close above 1.66 may also add strength to the move.

Hi WS,

5011 - Is that reference to the opening this morning?
Apologies in advance as I am new to this forum.

- BK

welcome , welcome my new friend

5011 = Key level = pivotal figure which is deduce using the charts I post ...........

market could make or break at that level

very similar to pivot points

FTSE 100

KEY LEVEL 5011

see chart where two red lines intersect , also prev support now = resistance

I think we can look forward to a gap down tomorrow

lets see what the wild asain session brings

> 5011 .........open up long to 5030 - 5050 ...possibly push higher

< 5011 ..........short to 4962 , 4935

London lad

I go in early as we bounced off gap fill 5006 ...

1st target hit

left 1 contract break even

LOL :LOL:

I knew you wouldnt be able to resist mentioning the spelling :LOL:

Being a music guru and all that.

Nice to see you are paying attention.

You just playing penny shares now or are you also looking at other things?

When you next coming down? - Tut dales

:)

well right now i'm looking at paint drying!

yeah just been trading small caps these past few weeks mate.

i went flat over the past couple of days (took a 3% hit on my account too) as nothing was really moving with the FTSE in suspended animation and i'm starting to get jumpy (although saying that i've just opened a position on Sterling Energy).

hoping we can break upwards away from this big number, but it looks so precarious right now.

i'm going to get into FX soon, equities thing is great in a nice up trend, but i want something to do when they stall (like now).

not been over the North York Moors for ages now, my last trek i walked from one end of the moors and back (including 3 peaks of the Cleveland Hills) 23 miles! took me 9 hours!

you still doing FX/FTSE? hows it panning out?

I think we need a stock market correction to see that rather than another move up. Cable is seriously bid at the moment. USD is even losing value against yen despite rising stocks. This mornings higher than expected ppi suggests inflation which takes the chances of more QE off the table. Yesterdays close above 1.66 may also add strength to the move.

That's a bit more fundamental. So look at this, european indices and currencies making new highs. Thats a bit odd. US on the other hand, only indices making new highs but currency is going down the gutter. USD index on daily is looking way oversold. The market's gotta balance a bit, before it goes either direction. A short correction of such an overdone selloff of dollar will tilt europeans upside down (for a while at least)

if we fail to trade above 1.462 on EURO and fall southwards

then watch oil free fall to $70.5 and even below

struggling to stay above $72.25 .............key level!!

That's a bit more fundamental. So look at this, european indices and currencies making new highs. Thats a bit odd. US on the other hand, only indices making new highs but currency is going down the gutter. USD index on daily is looking way oversold. The market's gotta balance a bit, before it goes either direction. A short correction of such an overdone selloff of dollar will tilt europeans upside down (for a while at least)

Technically I would not be interested in shorting cable unless it closes below 1.65.

dont you just love Rick Santelli on CNBC
I think he is related to OSCAR

Live on CNBC

arguing about cheap dollar?????????

for once i'm looking forward to the US opening and hopefully shaking things up a little.

this is like watching paint dry, in fact it's like watching someone else, who's watching someone else, watch paint day...

Don't know about you, but that reflective ad infinitum end-of-Goldfinger-hall-of-mirrors-Roger-Moore-battle-esque scene of watching multiple coats of paint dry may actually be quite mesmerising to watch.

That Billy Ray Valentine vid is a gem, WS.

Clarence Beaks is my fav character in that movie...

the part when he's on the phone with someone waiting to use it after him is priceless!

80's movies are so class.

shame John Hughes died a few weeks ago. :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.