Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still think market will finish up. GBP Figures would be the over-riding influence? Especially as the revised figures were for periods that have already past!

:)

I think we could expect a bounce from here as people look at a buying opportunity, maybe! .....the US numbers were mixed, but indicating that they are over the worst of it...the Dow is down small from its close last night.

I think we could expect a bounce from here as people look at a buying opportunity, maybe! .....the US numbers were mixed, but indicating that they are over the worst of it...the Dow is down small from its close last night.

We've spent all day above pivot trending upward - my plan was on us making yesterdays high before announcement with a sell off at least to pivot.

Called the high too early and flaffed things up, luckily all made good by us just clipping yesterdays high to give me that short all the way back down.

Now I see the risk on a long from pivot as definitely worth it, as the bias is still positive until we have a confirmed move beneath pivot to pull in the shorts, in my book.

On the verge of getting stopped out now...

Oh man oh man, that euro dollar trade must be fat fat phat for you geo

To be honest mate, I don't understand the funnymentals - the technicals and strat say stay in - but perhaps I should bail!? I'll stick with it anyway - risk is only 9 pips now.

edit: moved stop to 1.4130

Last edited:
Hello all, just back now and dang it Geo, you've gone all pro - really like your analysis here and its all beginning to make sense re: bias change, fib levels, time frames

Especially like the part where you realise you're forgetting your plan and trying to be smart :) If you can keep it like the post I'm quoting (one third being smart, two thirds hard factual technical trading) there's no stopping you!

Been over @ GBPCHF making a bit and ftse losing a bit, back now that we have that 13.30pm announcement on the horizon

EDIT: PS. Isn't that dbl top on the GBPCHF 10M, with that thin narrow overnight range to break out from just a beautiful, beautiful thing

Hahahaha, thanks mate, but it's all smoke and mirrors I assure you :) Well, actually just trying to be consistent with the stratgey - sure it can't always be right, but being consistent is all I can do.

edit: btw I'm not watching £CHF Lapster - so can't comment - restricted myself to 5 fx pairs now.

SD I closed my yesterday's position of 4588, because numbers came out .5% better than expected. Was expecting a bump up due to better results, but then one never knows *sigh*

Long the DAX again at 5320, v.tight SL at 5315 in case the US opens weaker again...this now down 45 points compared to 13 and 16 on the DOW/FTSE respectively. Does anyone know a reason for its higher volatility than the other main index?

Now I see the risk on a long from pivot as definitely worth it, as the bias is still positive until we have a confirmed move beneath pivot to pull in the shorts, in my book.

Re-entered, don't like doing this on ftse but that was a rubbish stop placement, my analysis still says long if we don't print a 10M candle under pivot, so long @ 4616...we may need yanks to give this a kick

Re-entered, don't like doing this on ftse but that was a rubbish stop placement, my analysis still says long if we don't print a 10M candle under pivot, so long @ 4616...we may need yanks to give this a kick

Oh say can you seeeeeee...by the dawns early laaaaaht.......

atta boy

Status
Not open for further replies.