Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying to get the entry, then knowing when to take profits... And most importantly getting that early direction.... aargh... Glad your entry cost you nothing!

And well done on yesterdays bonanza, nice work :)

Thanks very much. Ive now moved my SL to BE on the day. I think the GDP figured from the US at 1.30 could well be a market mover. i suspect we might trend today until then. US futures all look strong this AM!

Well that 'initial' period saw me go from +22 to zero

I am bearish now, and short from 4626

The bias is still long- those were higher lows and gap is closed, so I'm afraid I'm letting that period of giving up my morning gains get to me and digging myself into a hole

Out for -10, taking a break - see you all later

Im short the DAX from 5378. My SL is at BE. there appears to be some serious resitance around the 5380 level, and we are now bouncing around the 23.6% retracement level from yesterdays high, and low. Its cost me 10 points to get that entry level, so i am just above BE on the day so far!!!

SL hit so BE for today. Looking for the right entry level again. My feeling is that this could be a down day. GDP, profit taking ahead of the w/e after this tremendous run up.

SL hit so BE for today. Looking for the right entry level again. My feeling is that this could be a down day. GDP, profit taking ahead of the w/e after this tremendous run up.

I think it will be a down day - that jump back up above 4637 just now shook me out of my short trade to pivot which is where I knew price was heading - should have widened that stop above previous 10M candle high and stuck with my plan

ah well

Bugger my call on the DAX was right but in trying to protect my position i moved my SL too tight. I havnt lost anything overall today so I shouldnt complain.

I have a opn short at 4588 from yesterday. what do you think I should do? close it at the loss now, or wait for the market to move down?

a very wide stop!

I have a opn short at 4588 from yesterday. what do you think I should do? close it at the loss now, or wait for the market to move down?

I really can't give you any advise on what to do but it seems that you are taking some pain here with that large stop. Well i think the dow will atleast go back down to close and that may bring the ftse down to retest 4600. If this happens you must whach price action very carefully around that area to see if it will break through otherwise take the loss as soon as you see support holding. As said before the US gdp will be the catalist today and that may very well bring you back into profit. If you are still in the position by the time the results come out and it beats expectaions, you must bail out imediatly no matter what the loss for we might move alot higher from there. imo only.

Thanks mate. Btw, I see some resistance at around 4628, or is it just me?

In the last 45 mins the market has ranged between 12 points three times. It is waiting and all of us, with it, probably taking positions.

I could not tell you which way this could go, I'm thinking of packing in until Monday.

Morning Lapalabra, just got back been out for an hour.

Bounced straight off the 200MA @ 4603 and 10M bar closed above pivot
Pre-empted the SSD signal which is kicking in now, but long from 4623 (rubbish entry though)

.. market hasn't done much, I will look to short. this morning.

Downside target minimally would be 4643(high) minus 50pts (small range) =4593 which is down 38pts on daily change.

Hi Everyone,

I'm contemplating a long on E$ - is anyone trading that today?

FTSE seems to be making a wedgy triangle thingy on the 10min, if i read the chart right.

Hi Everyone,

I'm contemplating a long on E$ - is anyone trading that today?

FTSE seems to be making a wedgy triangle thingy on the 10min, if i read the chart right.

hey mate, i was long 097 to 107...had 115 as a target (50 % retracement) but closed it early...it's just hit 115 too, nevermind.

could be 147 target for a long, but i'm really wary now after yesterdays shenanigans.

M15 looking up, but H1 looking down.

hey mate, i was long 097 to 107...had 115 as a target (50 % retracement) but closed it early...it's just hit 115 too, nevermind.

could be 147 target for a long, but i'm really wary now after yesterdays shenanigans.

I think I might be wrong anyway! :)

Looking at H3 DB, bias is still down. For some reason I thought it was up!

What happened yesterday Mate? You were getting along nicely before. take it easy with chasing the market monsieur.

Lookign at the charts again, could be a nice reversal hammery thing on M15, shorts to a target of 14065 is my new theory?

Any thoughts on that DB?

potential break out on upside for DAX

5360 ..............crucial level

Attachments

• Germany 30 Daily Cash (09-JUL-09).png
    Germany 30 Daily Cash (09-JUL-09).png
    21.4 KB · Views: 114
Looking at H3 DB, bias is still down. For some reason I thought it was up!

What happened yesterday Mate? You were getting along nicely before. take it easy with chasing the market monsieur.

Lookign at the charts again, could be a nice reversal hammery thing on M15, shorts to a target of 14065 is my new theory?

Any thoughts on that DB?

well it's now 10 pips over a 50% mark on the last big moves from 085-145.

the reason why i'm cautious geo is that my stochastic is in no mans land. one of the reasons why i made so many bad calls yesterday was ignoring my H1 stochastic.

for me E$ could go either way 147 or 101.

i'm feeling 101 at the mo, but, like i said...just looks 50/50, and i have no intention of opening anymore positions without the indicator permissions i was using a couple of days ago.

i had my entry at 097, i've already blown that by closing too early so i'm not opening another one until it's near my channel walls and i have my 'permissions'.

Status
Not open for further replies.