Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi kaisen,

I dont look at monthly charts. Only daily charts. I work with various time cycles. A high is due the last week of July. We could go higher than May, or perhaps not, who knows? But seeing the strength of this week it could well happen.

What I trade is a smaller cycle within that larger cycles. So FTSE went 4 days up, followed by a pause today (looks like today is an inside day). If we go up again next week I will buy.
A good example was the Gold trade of today: it went up for a few days, then 2 days ABC retracement down (in Elliot wave terms), so then I look for a Buy opportunity.
FTSE next week cuold be like this as well, perhaps a bit lower on Monday then we move up again on Tue. Or we might not go lower than today and go straight back up again.

Hope this helps.

Hi kaisen,

I dont look at monthly charts. Only daily charts. I work with various time cycles. A high is due the last week of July. We could go higher than May, or perhaps not, who knows? But seeing the strength of this week it could well happen.

What I trade is a smaller cycle within that larger cycles. So FTSE went 4 days up, followed by a pause today (looks like today is an inside day). If we go up again next week I will buy.
A good example was the Gold trade of today: it went up for a few days, then 2 days ABC retracement down (in Elliot wave terms), so then I look for a Buy opportunity.
FTSE next week cuold be like this as well, perhaps a bit lower on Monday then we move up again on Tue. Or we might not go lower than today and go straight back up again.

Hope this helps.

Yes thats helpful thanks. I appreciate there are always trends within trends - ie a small bear flag can occur in a larger bull flag etc
Thanks, i will look at this when i look at the dailies.

Cheers much!:)

Brent Crude sept contract at resistance 6588 and dax at 5000 and ftse at 4400 plus dow at 8765 which I have as resistance too so praying this is the turning point for a down leg as I have some shorts open

Brent Crude sept contract at resistance 6588 and dax at 5000 and ftse at 4400 plus dow at 8765 which I have as resistance too so praying this is the turning point for a down leg as I have some shorts open

I hope the weather changes soon! Its been the wrong weather for shorts. :D

You are sure right about that... I've got a massive cold from those shorts... just hope its not Swine Flu!!!!! :cheesy:

DiJ

Hey buddy, maybe you were wrong about Death in June, could be Swine flu Death in July?

Anywhooo, hope it sinks soon!:)

Shorting?

WS/Sujith, I am currently short on SPX from 941 with sl at 945. Do you agree the trendline has been broken?

I also have trend line breaks on the dow and Nasdaq to the south side.

I was going to short the Nas 100 at 1525 with a stop the other side of the trendline.

As we tend to look at the same info - what are your thoughts.

I should really look at the other indicators as well but the charts show a break down....currently at least:cry:

WS/Sujith, I am currently short on SPX from 941 with sl at 945. Do you agree the trendline has been broken?

I also have trend line breaks on the dow and Nasdaq to the south side.

I was going to short the Nas 100 at 1525 with a stop the other side of the trendline.

As we tend to look at the same info - what are your thoughts.

I should really look at the other indicators as well but the charts show a break down....currently at least:cry:

I will tell you over the weekend my frind when i post my charts and analysis

but off my head 946 on S&P is crucial resisatance level so I would certainly take that into consideration when deciding a stop loss

Sujith is your man for advice

ws
u playing cricket at the weekend.???

an intraday chart of the s500
15min data
the lsat week .there are some long upthrust columns with little retrace.
expect some retrace soon
2lw40sy.png

this chart was posted on another website.not by me.it is a p/f of the vix.it was posted on 9th july.it showed a bulltrap.ie the opposite of what the market then showed,which was a bear trap.giving advance warning of the upward move last week.it has taught me a lesson to look harder at the vix chart in future
103x0yf.png

a smaller box size on the nas 100
defined pullback areas 1500 and 1450.this index has to stay above 1495 to keep it bullish
ws..you should get sharky to organise a t2w cricket team
11bhf5y.png

Newbies (myself included) Read This

ok gents,

this was posted by lonlad a few days ago.

i've only read the first part so far, but was impressed enough by the accuracy of the content to take it from the original site, reformat it and PDF it for ease of access.

i think this has some important points re trading psychology that the newcomers amongst us could take something from.

i'll post this again during the week when there's more traffic on the thread.

Attachments

• Do Not Trade On Adrenaline by Pablo Montenegra (CTA).pdf
    294.3 KB · Views: 454
Thanks DB...and lon_lad for posting the original - my earlier quips aside, this is essential (and for me, at times, painful) reading. Thanks for putting this forward.

yeah, it's sobering stuff lapster. i'm sure we've read things like this before, but for me personally, this is a wakeup call.

it's time to stop p!ssing about.

i want to make this a career and i'm not going to do that without finding a simple system and rigidly sticking to it.

no more jumping in on the back of a single signal. no more 50/50 coin tossing. no more gambling.

Any of you guys recieve an e mail from IG about possibly being invited to help them undertake some market research on how you use their Pure Deal platform?

£100 incentive if you are selected!

:)

there is also a euro index.similar to dollar index
constituent holdings are
dollar 31%
pound 31%
yen 19%
swiss franc 19%
swedish krona 8%
you can get eod charts for this at stockcharts.com.symbol is $xeu
here is a p/f chart of that index.euro is getting stronger.an upward break
15fis6g.png