Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
This charts shows the reasonin gbehind the Gold trade I posted earlier

Attachments

• GOLD setup.jpg
    GOLD setup.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 118
papak, am keeping it 100 to allow the swing, otherwise I keep getting stopped out multiple times (in the temporary red zone).

GOLD trades today--10.30am short at 934.9 ..2.18pm long938.3 /// 2.23pm long938.9 ????

what was the result of the short trade?
why to go long at 938.9m just under yesterdays high? why not wait for a break of yesterdays high of 940, this gives you much more confidence that we are in a good upswing? Now you risk a pullback to 936 or so?

result of short was buying at 938.3! realising trade had gone against me ..so opened a long trade straight away .. w/hind sight impatience

Hi woolley,
you should be fine on this one as long as you keep your stop far enough away. Good luck!

London_lad, have you tried wallstreet's method of taking ...

papak, am keeping it 100 to allow the swing, otherwise I keep getting stopped out multiple times (in the temporary red zone).

....buy signal from the SP500 futures and buy FTSE100 from that signal

Im just confused, what does 5 Scholastic means, when in IG market charts, I got 14, 3 and 5 as default settings for Scholastics

I am late in to the market today. i am short the FTSE at 4410, and have moved my SL to BE. I am tempted to hold the short and see if the DOW breaks down through 8700. If it does I think it could drop further going into the weekend. Being a newbie to all this, would anyone care to give me their opinion. Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Great entry pentlow. Agree with your thinking completely.

Thanks for the reply. ive just give up 15 points or so watching the DOW bounce of the 8700 level but there does appear to be resistance at 8730 level, so might see it retrace and test the 8700 level again, or then again not....on the basis of the this weeks trading I will be very lucky to see a positive outcome, but there is always next week....

Great entry pentlow. Agree with your thinking completely.

Hi papak, i have been looking at the monthly charts which suggest we are in a down trend on the ftse. As you trade longer cycles, could you tell me why you are looking for the ftse to drop so you can take a long?
The monthly chart suggests a bear flag pattern.
This to me (a novice) would suggest taking short positions as the market has risen?

I thank you for your time in advance.
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.