Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
I just made £1.50 profit on ftse. What a performance!. My gft account is growing and growing.
But have you noticed GFT do not execute at the price you see? I have complained and had enough of it.
Stopped trading with them over a year ago. Just tried today. It is still the same.
Any comments?
Citibank result at around 1PM.

i think it's more helpful to not view loss/gains in a monetary sense.

try to just bring it down to points/pips.

i think removing the psychological aspect of emotive thoughts that money can trigger is very beneficial whilst learning to trade.

fast trader7: Im with Etrade and am very happy with the service. FTSE 1 point spread. EUR/USD 2 points. Great for if you program your trades (buy/sel orders with stops and limits), manual opening/closing of trades is a bit slow. And they dont like scalpers.
I program most trades and even in very fast moving markets I get the entry/exit I programmed. Only if there is an obvious gap it doesnt work but thats fair enough.

typical , been waiting since 12.30 yesterday for the turn over , kicks off 10 mins before I get back home , not happy :mad:

i think it's more helpful to not view loss/gains in a monetary sense.

try to just bring it down to points/pips.

i think removing the psychological aspect of emotive thoughts that money can trigger is very beneficial whilst learning to trade.

Yep (y)

This is why the market turns:
SP500 hits 61% retrace, FTSE hits 78% retrace
see attachement .

PS: anybody any idea how to get a screenprint as an attachment in a bit more elegant way?

Papak, Thanks for the post (y)

If I can help - Just highlight your chart window by selecting it, then press ALT-PRT SCR then load up Microsoft Paint (built into windows) then paste into it. then save it with the file name of your choice, thats the easiest and quickest. Saves you having to tinker with the word doc.

Hope it helps?

papak, what is your view on FTSE you think it will break 4400 and where would you put the stops on a 1 to 2 days swing trade? More importantly on what signals, you would do that?

I closed out my short EUR/USD trade for a measly 20 point profit. Again poorly managed trade. Although I guess its better than losing money.

FTSE should rise today. Citi beat analyst expectations and US Housing Starts unexpectadly increase.

:)

papak, what is your view on FTSE you think it will break 4400 and where would you put the stops on a 1 to 2 days swing trade? More importantly on what signals, you would do that?

Still waiting for FTSE to go down - personally I dont trade the down move as we have such a strong up trend. Will kill you informed of my actions.

Why is the spread on nasdaq NDAQ so wide about 8points?
FTSE seems to be about 1 on my SB platform and the daily ATR is about the same.

off to work. hope everyone has a good afternoon with the US.

have a good wknd everyone :)

oh, my trades today:

L FTSE +10 pts

that's it!

am thinking to go long at 4379 with stop loss at 4279 and limit at 4393. Trying Fib lines now

A stop of 100 points with a target of 20 points?? Thats a sure way to go bankrupt!
If you have 4 winning trades and one loser (80% success rate which is very high) you still lose 20 points.
You have to think statistics. The only way to win in this game is if your gains are bigger than your losses. Then even a 50% winrate (which is quite normal) is still ok.
imho profit loss ration should be at least 1:1 better is 2:1

Status
Not open for further replies.