Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look out for the H&S formation on the CAD/JPY. Short @ 8.600 could be quite fruitful.

:)

@ MANYA, BW81, GEOFRACT

Yes manya, have this one in my sights.

Other two set ups I am focussing on:

15M B/O set up on USDJPY, AUDGBP - Geo, been reading up this w/e and I think these two fit the set up exactly?

@ MANYA, BW81, GEOFRACT

15M B/O set up on USDJPY, AUDGBP - Geo, been reading up this w/e and I think these two fit the set up exactly?

....And USDCHF, prime candidate.

Break of 15M down channel, pullback @ 0930, red candle closed @ 10690 10.00am

Short @ 10685, s/l 10705, target 10645

I got something right for once

good on you SD :D

i've ditched that system SD...i just couldn't see it working clearly backtesting it.

i'm testing something i've botched together with the stochastic and candle reversal formations...so thanks for putting me onto the stochastic anyway. it's had the positive effect of stopping me firing of stupid positions at the very least :cheesy:

yes and no

I don't know why I found that so funny....
:LOL:

@ SD - yes good call - As always got out too early @ 4430 for +12 just before R2 - did not keep my stop behind on a 10M candle as you suggested before. Have to condition myself to do this.

I have taken something from the FTSE today and will leave it at that - concentration is on forex at mo.

poss pull back @ 467? might see if there's a poss short back to 455, then a long from 455.

poss pull back @ 467? might see if there's a poss short back to 455, then a long from 455.

db - we're looking at the same thing, but its a 12point range with 2 point spread and a margin of error for entry of -/+2 let's say, suddenly you're looking @ around 8pts - range just too tight to make it worthwhile.

It's really obeying the tls though, so probability wise go ninja, but r/r is terrible.

@ MANYA, BW81, GEOFRACT

Any chance you can post a chart Mr. Lapster? I've had a look at UJ, but not sure it was quite as per the thread setup rules - but maybe I missed something - post a chart if you can?

I took +46.6 on a demo trade of gbp/jpy - different type of setup though - but damn that moves quick :) All good fun.

Still watching USDJPY ?

Oh yes. Flicking between those currencies mentioned.

Did you follow the posts from GEO about the 15M breakout strat? This is what I am trading this week.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/for...55-phil-newtons-range-break-out-strategy.html

Previously, I have been trading on the first break of a TL, not the pullback.

So I am looking at that bottom TL on the 15M as an area for a pullback and on a descending candle to enter - as per trade on USDCHF (closed out b/e)

On USDCHF I believe I made a mistake - re: read the part about entering on the limits of daily ranges. I have done that, I am shorting close to a bottom.

Whats your thoughts USDJPY?

Any chance you can post a chart Mr. Lapster? I've had a look at UJ, but not sure it was quite as per the thread setup rules - but maybe I missed something - post a chart if you can?

I took +46.6 on a demo trade of gbp/jpy - different type of setup though - but damn that moves quick :) All good fun.

OK Geo, will sort out this chart posting!

Why not as per rules?

JPY pairs jump and start - quite disconcerting...

OK, looking into this chart posting...

OK Geo, will short out this chart posting!

Why not as per rules?

JPY pairs jump and start - quite disconcerting...

OK, looking into this chart posting...

What I understood from the thread is that there should be a fairly tight range overnight, which is near to the highs/lows of the previous day, but not above. in USD/JPY it has rallied overnight in the Asian session, above the previous days highs, there was no range breakout from what I could see.

Did i miss something though?

Went short on CAD/JPY @ 8.580. Hope I didnt jump the gun by getting in too early especially with the way markets are rallying today.

Hoping the oil inventory numbers later on show a surplus in levels causing crude to drop.

£1 a point! *eek*

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.