Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm not sure if anyone else does this, but sometimes i clik on the wrong link and end up at the start of this thread.

i read the stuff about WS starting a new thread and i panic a bit thinking 'oh, bugger, he's stopping the thread to start one somewhere else!'...and then i realise it's the first post :cheesy:

the worrying thing is i've done this 3 times over the past couple of months and i still get caught out... :confused:

Thanks Dentist for the symbol on frestockcharts

and Dr Blix is up to his antics again, always providing good entertainment....

Bravo Bravo

unknown territory so have to go to 1 week chart for direction

key levels on the upside......... 4442, 4525 , 4685,

Attachments

• FTSE 100 weekly (10-JUN-09).png
    FTSE 100 weekly (10-JUN-09).png
    22.3 KB · Views: 111
  • FTSE 100 D (17-JUL-09).png
    FTSE 100 D (17-JUL-09).png
    18.3 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:
BP and US oil

Attachments

• US Light Crude (AUG-09).png
    US Light Crude (AUG-09).png
    21 KB · Views: 102
  • BP Plc (17-JUL-09).png
    BP Plc (17-JUL-09).png
    22.2 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
trade recommendation for Monday the 19th day of July,

Long ftse during cash session (8.00am - 4.36pm) with stop and reverse order at 4386

I don't think I'll be taking any long term positions on Monday as we are so close to that 4,500 level.

If we see the FTSE hit 4,500 the same time Cable tries to break 1.660 then I expect the market fall away sharply and a two to three day losing streak in the offing IMO.

Important not to try and rush things and wait for the right move rather than jumping in!

Good luck all.

:)

there is also a yen index.dont know what the make up of it is
analysis fro stockcharts`
there is a sterling/pound indx.dont know what the symbol is
220qia.png

chart of the pound index
not sure what the weightings are
symbol is $xbp on stockcharts
$xad for aussie dollar
$xsf for swiss franc
not sure what the weightings are for those
here is a p/f of pound index.it is getting stronger
2iw7pyd.png

out of hours just spat out 4400, def bearish osc div on the hourly.

lets see what the morrow brings.

Good morning everyone!

GOLD: was long from 935.7, closed at open this morning at 944.3 Never got a chance to add to my position which is a shame...
SP500: Long from 942.4 stop 931.7 target 952.7
FTSE: gapped open, hope we come down a bit to close the gap as I have a buy order at 4413, target 4458 stop 4365

Update: FTSE now long from 4413. Rather volatile action at the open at 8:00! Price down to 4395. Me not happy but lets see how this pans out...

I went long at 4401, as I saw a bounce off my trend line and there seemed to be support at that level. Moved my SL to BE, i will hold for the time being as i see a possibility of getting up to 4435, this morning. UK house price data should give the market a bit of a lift as will the higher oil price this morning.

I went long at 4401, as I saw a bounce off my trend line and there seemed to be support at that level. Moved my SL to BE, i will hold for the time being as i see a possibility of getting up to 4435, this morning. UK house price data should give the market a bit of a lift as will the higher oil price this morning.

So much for my conviction, closed out at 4421, for a quick 20 point profit. It appears to be stalling a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.