Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning ............what a game last night, Pakistan beat South Africa!!

market will fall initially and then I will look to go long

market has built a support around the 4250 level and we will be trading back above 4300 today

Reason :

1. oil holding steady and remains above $70

2. currencies stable - Euro holding 1.385 and GBp holding 1.625 level

3. VIX is showing weaknes and prducing lower highs & lower lows

4. Nasdaq which is the market leader so S&P is holding 1450-1440 support level really well

5. UK stocks seem to be stabilising and holding suppprt levels .....look at barclays and Legal and genereal for example!!

Chart below is 1 hr month.................downtrend line was broken yesterday!!

I believe we will test the support and then trade back up above 4300

OK chaps npw we are coming up against some good resistance levels on all indices !!

nadsdaq 1470

S&P 923 - 925

FTSE 4375 and gap fill 4420

bukowski and raymond carver are my favourite authors. i've never yet found authors that compare in the ability to find beauty and humour in the everyday, sometimes mundane or simplistic raw aspects of human existence.

although john fante comes a very close third.

Whoa - carver, fante, bukowski - I sense a trend! read to the tunes of johnny cash, joplin, tom waites...?

Hello,
I must admit - Got hammered now. b****d market. Normally it does not go up by 50 points on
Triple witching.I have not seen this happen on ftse for more than a year.So i went short at 4350
Down alomost £200 for the day. Bad week for me.

if footsie reaches 4373 + (midpoint level) during afternoon. We may see 4400 again depending on how Wall street reacts.

Very brave...if I was going to short, I would do it right there!

As it is, I'm staying out of this.

10th June technical reference?

Last edited:
Hello,
I must admit - Got hammered now. b****d market. Normally it does not go up by 50 points
Triple witching.I have not seen this happen on ftse for more than a year.So i went short at 4350
Down alomost £200 for the day. Bad week for me.

I lost out by 50pnts also FT! I came out of a deal, went to cancel my auto stop and the deal just kept saying pending! When everything started working again the stop was not cancelled and opened a short position at 4309! Kept in until the retracement came down but still down!
CMC are looking into what happened but I dont hold much hope of anything being rectified!

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

hmmm feel sorry for reza he got raped.

I was worried about him too ............he was taking a lot of short positions out on the market!!

He hasn't posted today I just hope he is OK?

he is a good trader and he Hedged himself so I don't think he will be worried!!

Thats why i prefer to day trade chaps .............It must be a nightmare at present for swing traders !!

I listened to an interview on Bloomberg the other day and even hedge funds are day trading because they are scared to hold positions long term.........haha!!

mmm...tough couple of days. i've blown all my gains, and then some, mainly on gambles and stupid overnight positions.

i'm down -57 pts on the week after being over +100 up.

time to stop @rsing about and finish off my trading plan.

i hope reza's ok too, he had more shorts than calvin klein.

Last edited:
I was worried about him too ............he was taking a lot of short positions out on the market!!

He hasn't posted today I just hope he is OK?

he is a good trader and he Hedged himself so I don't think he will be worried!!

Thats why i prefer to day trade chaps .............It must be a nightmare at present for swing traders !!

I listened to an interview on Bloomberg the other day and even hedge funds are day trading because they are scared to hold positions long term.........haha!!

yeh give us a shout reza let us know u got out ok!

Status
Not open for further replies.