Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
long 4358 target 4373

Followed you in on this one but....

Went long 4356 - closed 4359 +3pnts
Went long again 4356 -closed 4359 - +3pnts
Went long again 4357 - closed 4360 - +3pnts

Think i might be pushing my luck if i keep doing it!

Carlos would be proud!!:)

Bit off topic I know, but whoooo, awesome risk reward play for a long on GBP/CHF @ 17816. Long there now. I will either experience a small loss or a x4 gain.

EDIT: and she's tanking.... (sigh)

my longs looking well dodgy now, should have grabbed a few points an got out.

only thing i have left now is if this is a rectangle.

bit of osc div though, so i may have just 'donated' yet again.

my longs looking well dodgy now, should have grabbed a few points an got out.

only thing i have left now is if this is a rectangle.

bit of osc div though, so i may have just 'donated' yet again.

It is difficult, especialy with my experience to see if we will see a contiuation.

I went short after my flurry of 3 pnts long plays and was trying to scalp another 3pnts on the downside. Closed the position for +1pnt as I started to over rationalise and then we went south! Oh well only 2pnts.

Nasdaq just dropped! :eek:

It is difficult, especialy with my experience to see if we will see a contiuation.

I went short after my flurry of 3 pnts long plays and was trying to scalp another 3pnts on the downside. Closed the position for +1pnt as I started to over rationalise and then we went south! Oh well only 2pnts.

Nasdaq just dropped! :eek:

I want to see a 5M bar close beyond S2 4346.5 before considering another short.

Failing that, I'll jump the gun for fear of missing the move and let you all know so you can open a position in the opposite direction.

Everything crossed!

I just went long at 4349 - trying another quick 3pnts!

Easy with the scalping a range there Kaisen. A really good quote off jackolan's profile applies here I think:

Ten wins of 1% + 1 loss of 10% = a loss

Everything crossed!

I just went long at 4349 - trying another quick 3pnts!

stop doing that kaisen!

that's a shocking R/R ratio!

if you don't see clear signals, with at the very minimum 1:1 R/R (which is still crap) then don't do it mate.

Easy with the scalping a range there Kaisen. A really good quote off jackolan's profile applies here I think:

Ten wins of 1% + 1 loss of 10% = a loss

Thanks lapa, just trying to post in and out of the very tight trading range. For the longs there seemed to be desire to go up but resistance to go beyond, and so i went long for a 3pnts target each time it went down whilst looking at the tails of the pin bars on differnet charts to see how price action/sentiment at that price was changing. Also looking at NDAQ,SPX and other indicators.

When it stopped going up I felt a short was on and as you could see price sentiment changing. I have found so far,that 3pnts is not really a big deal to many people, and it seems to let me pinch between the ranges. I use auto orders to sell which gets me a mid range price. Sometimes also to buy again to acheive my target price entry.

I got another 3pnts from going long 4349 to 4352. So while i could be waiting for a 12 pnts move i have just scalped 4 x 3 pnts in a pretty tight range.
I am no expert but this worked well the other day when we traded a tight range.

The only thing i can say in response to Jacks quote is that there are experienced people advising to take profits and not hold off for that big move as it doesnt always come.

I am not saying I am right but hopefully trying to convey some rationale!

Just flicking back to the market i could have got another 3 pnts from long at 4350. That would have been 15 pnts in a market that has moved only about 10 pnts.

I invite your thoughts as i am a newbie!

Cheers buddy.(y)

well i suppose it comes down to your stop/position/account size.

also i suppose trading in a tight range is by it's very nature high risk, as at some point it'll come shooting out the other side...and if you don't have incredibly tight stops, could wipe out the gains of 3 or 4 trades.

then comes the most obvious risk of exposure, each position exposes the amount set by your stop.

just seems like you'll end up with fried brains unless you're a robot :)

argh, i hate when its stuck in a range like this with no direction... coiling up like a snake ready to attack.

Thanks lapa, just trying to post in and out of the very tight trading range. For the longs there seemed to be desire to go up but resistance to go beyond, and so i went long for a 3pnts target each time it went down whilst looking at the tails of the pin bars on differnet charts to see how price action/sentiment at that price was changing. Also looking at NDAQ,SPX and other indicators.

When it stopped going up I felt a short was on and as you could see price sentiment changing. I have found so far,that 3pnts is not really a big deal to many people, and it seems to let me pinch between the ranges. I use auto orders to sell which gets me a mid range price. Sometimes also to buy again to acheive my target price entry.

I got another 3pnts from going long 4349 to 4352. So while i could be waiting for a 12 pnts move i have just scalped 4 x 3 pnts in a pretty tight range.
I am no expert but this worked well the other day when we traded a tight range.

The only thing i can say in response to Jacks quote is that there are experienced people advising to take profits and not hold off for that big move as it doesnt always come.

I am not saying I am right but hopefully trying to convey some rationale!

Just flicking back to the market i could have got another 3 pnts from long at 4350. That would have been 15 pnts in a market that has moved only about 10 pnts.

I invite your thoughts as i am a newbie!

Cheers buddy.(y)

Well, it sounds like you have some kind of system for it, but if you are spreadbetting then thats an immediate spread lost which is a high % of the points you are trying to scalp, and as DB said, your r/r is terrible.

The point of that quote I gave is that you only need one strong move against you and suddenly all those quick small points are lost. Not that you need a big move to make loads, but that the risk in playing small moves means that can all be lost if it moves against you - every position you open is an exposure.

Surely it makes more sense positioning yourself for that move which gives you a decent risk reward and makes up for the slippage of your spread.

I've lost lots of money doing what you are doing, but maybe you have a system for it -for me trading this choppy range before US open doesn't make sense.

stop doing that kaisen!

that's a shocking R/R ratio!

if you don't see clear signals, with at the very minimum 1:1 R/R (which is still crap) then don't do it mate.

Hiya matey, I will always listen to what you guys say as i think you are tops!! (nice pharse eh?)
Read my post to lapa and then let me know your thoughts.

I am not looking to fire off random shots but If i see an entry or trend i was wondering what was wrong with banking pnts within short price movements and buying back in on minor retracements (on tight range days only). Sometimes the full move can take some time to develop.

If i think the trend is turning i bail out.

Often my entries coincide with Francis´s calls and today yours also.

Let me know your thoughts, I just want you to confirm the error of my ways to me so I understand.

Cheers in advance.

Followed you in on this one but....

Went long 4356 - closed 4359 +3pnts
Went long again 4356 -closed 4359 - +3pnts
Went long again 4357 - closed 4360 - +3pnts

Think i might be pushing my luck if i keep doing it!

Carlos would be proud!!:)

You guys are scalping. Not a good idea with spreadbetting.

ok, i'm praying for a reactangle on the 5TF and a triangle on the hourly. 4373 still as my target, but i may shift that to 4397 if this sodding thing actually goes north.

Bund Trade:
3 contracts on at 119.00,
1 off at .30, another off at .46, left the third on to target 67
+76ticks so far.
The bonds are where its at today guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.