Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
The FTSE has been in backwardation (future<cash) for some time now, it's a lot to do with dividend pay-outs and so on. You can arbitrage it with a FTSE ETF or some other product but a lot of people do it so you'd need to be fast and sharp!

And in case you didn't know, the contract goes from Z M9-EEI to Z U9-EEI today so don't trade the M contract!

Hi TraceyJC,

Thanks for your response and the info, I now understand the diff in pricing. I am not at a stage to arbitrage yet :(

Thanks for the heads up about the M9 and U9(y) The M9 is following the FTSE, its the U9 that's at a discount.

Regards

so we got the initial fall as forecasted

now we are holding 4270 level really well!!

Hi ws.

I know you have an IG account and CMC. Do you chart on IG and trade on CMC?

BTW - I joined ITMS premium service today - thanks for the pointers.

Have a good day.

Cricket this weekend sir?

The FTSE is a bit up and down with rollover, anyone looking fr a nice trade, I'm long bund from 119, should be good for the next hour (I hope!)
BTW to post a picture, can you do it from your hard drive or does it have to have a url?

Long on Rio at the close, It has taken enough of battering.
Open at 2060, SL at 2030
Target 2120

Morning all,
Just an update: I close Rio at 2085. Target did not hit. got a bit panicky..
Anyway profit is a profit. + 25

Happy Trading.

Open at 2060, SL at 2030
Target 2120

Morning all,

Happy Trading.

Nice simple and effective trade again! Like it.

Open at 2060, SL at 2030
Target 2120

Morning all,

Happy Trading.

Nice work

The FTSE is a bit up and down with rollover, anyone looking fr a nice trade, I'm long bund from 119, should be good for the next hour (I hope!)
BTW to post a picture, can you do it from your hard drive or does it have to have a url?

you can do both trace...so hard drive is fine. use the attachment button (the paper clip icon), if you can't see that in 'quick reply' press the 'go advanced' button and it should appear near the MSword style icons up top.

the upload screen shows a list of file size limits for each file format.

Cheers for that! Here's the Bund chart for anyone interested, I could be wrong as I'm pre-empting a little bit but with the fall earler and the volatility today i'm in for the ride!

/EDIT: Sorry for the quality, don't know what happened!

Attachments

• untitled12.JPG
    untitled12.JPG
    225 KB · Views: 140

no problem re chart

I think it would be great if we all got avatars, db. Forward the motion, I will second.

ps. kept meaning to say but never did, that I'm a big fan of Bukowski, studied him at uni. what a life and a man. went through google to remind myself of his opinions, they just don't make poets like that anymore- Charles Bukowski, American Author ~ 1920 - 1994

Last edited:
Hi ws.

I know you have an IG account and CMC. Do you chart on IG and trade on CMC?

BTW - I joined ITMS premium service today - thanks for the pointers.

Have a good day.

Cricket this weekend sir?

You will learn a lot from there I can assure you, they are genuine and absolute experts in the field!!

"I know you have an IG account and CMC. Do you chart on IG and trade on CMC?" , that is correct my friend. I have started to use spreadbetting accounts to trade shares as no commission on buy/sell as opposed to CFD's

Yes busy weekend with cricket too, league match on saturday and then cup match on sunday !!

Good Morning ............what a game last night, Pakistan beat South Africa!!

market will fall initially and then I will look to go long

market has built a support around the 4250 level and we will be trading back above 4300 today

Reason :

1. oil holding steady and remains above $70

2. currencies stable - Euro holding 1.385 and GBp holding 1.625 level

3. VIX is showing weaknes and prducing lower highs & lower lows

4. Nasdaq which is the market leader so S&P is holding 1450-1440 support level really well

5. UK stocks seem to be stabilising and holding suppprt levels .....look at barclays and Legal and genereal for example!!

Chart below is 1 hr month.................downtrend line was broken yesterday!!

I believe we will test the support and then trade back up above 4300

Up, up and away

to infinity and beyond

no problem re chart

well not necessarily of oneself mr.kaisen (ulness you're a brad pitt/angelina jolie type :p)

but just an avatar of anything you're into i think shows a little of where the person is coming from...helps to pin a picture to a name tag too (just a thought to aid community spirit :D)

well not necessarily of oneself mr.kaisen (ulness you're a brad pitt/angelina jolie type :p)

but just an avatar of anything you're into i think shows a little of where the person is coming from...helps to pin a picture to a name tag too (just a thought to aid community spirit :D)

Thank jiminys for that. I thought you were looking to groom someone!LOL:LOL::LOL::LOL:

And, no dis-respect, Jacks photo looking back at me kind of puts me off a bit :LOL:

Morning all, late start today...

Rez, are you still in your short positions?

I think it would be great if we all got avatars, db. Forward the motion, I will second.

ps. kept meaning to say but never did, that I'm a big fan of Bukowski, studied him at uni. what a life and a man. went through google to remind myself of his opinions, they just don't make poets like that anymore- Charles Bukowski, American Author ~ 1920 - 1994

bukowski and raymond carver are my favourite authors. i've never yet found authors that compare in the ability to find beauty and humour in the everyday, sometimes mundane or simplistic raw aspects of human existence.

although john fante comes a very close third.

Looks like we're stuck in a range between 4325 and 4320 here... Seems to be an equal tug of war right now...

Just looking at the 1min chart, looks like we're getting an exact replica of the 1hr chart a few days ago (triple top, ascending triangle, and now a break to the downside) (and yes i know, 1min charts a mainly just noise etc... I'm just messing around)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.