The Next US President

As has been said, Russia has an interest in Ukraine. If US pulls out of Nato, the defence of Ukraine would depend on Europe.

No action, on the part of Europe, is a sign of strength, or weakness?
How would Putin assess that?

Ukraine doesn't need defending,

Why is Europe meddling with Ukraines domestivc politics.

To me it is more of the 10% trying to sway te rest. It's more about what the minority government wanted to do with promises of EU money that started the troubles. Money the EU does not have to give away.

Why is Nato lining up the Russian boreders with weapons?

Issues created by uncle Sam to make Europe think and believe we need them.

Ukraine has now settled down. How did that happen?

I thought that. Now, I believe that Putin has expansion on his mind. However, at my age, I'm only an interested spectator.

As Trump says. If Europe isn't concerned with its defence. Why should the US be?

It just goes to show what sort of leaders there are when they waste shedloads of money on more and more weapons instead of tackling severe problems like climate change and pollution. Surely Imperialism died a century ago. The US, Russia and now EU are bankrupting themselves to pay for all this weaponry. Disgraceful !!

I thought that. Now, I believe that Putin has expansion on his mind. However, at my age, I'm only an interested spectator.

As Trump says. If Europe isn't concerned with its defence. Why should the US be?

Where do you see Russian expansion?

Ukraine is Russian.

Syria is trying to fight off foreign intervention and terrorist organisations created by the West.

If US is so interested in spreading democracy, why doesn't it start with it's friend and ally the Saudies where women aren't even allowed to drive? (Women are allowed to drive in Syria!)

Some in the US think, it's weak against Russia because of the false propaganda people are fed. They don't understand the problem. Trump has rattled off same rubbish and wanting to make US great again so it can go around the World taking what ever it wants establishing puppet regimes and governments.

People should understand the military are fighting corporate interest, which are not shared with the nation. That old model of imperialism is braking down. Population increase, more countries become organised and are prepared to fight for what little they have left.

Making your military stronger so one can enforce gunship diplomacy is yesterdays model. The old US v USSR model is no longer.

We now also have, the EU (UK & France), Russia, India & China. There are some other small players too like North Korea, Israel and Pakistan. That's it. Iran and Turkey want to become players too.

It's a small world to be blowing up.

US really needs to get a grip on the main issues facing her people. It's not Russia, China or North Korea. It's her own corporate greed. Power to the people if only they had a brain. (y)

Having said all that, the main threat to the US seems to be:

- Illegal Mexican migrant labour
- Export of US jobs abroad
- Individual debt, Corporate debt, National debt
- Free trade areas
- High taxes
- Russian's defending their borders and neighbours
- EU unable to defend her self against Russian expansion
- Nato member countries not spending 2% of GDP on military hardware

On the other hand:

- Global warming is not an issue to the US
- GM food is good healthy cheap food and does not cause obesity
- US don't need health care

I know I'm ranting but few more points. Perception and diagnosis of critical issues facing the US ( and the UK ) are all so wrong imo. No one is looking at the bigger picture.

Getting rid of criminals, drug dealers, rapists and illegal migrants working in the black economy for peanuts will help for sure. Weather it will bring jobs and wages to deprived areas I'm not sure about (y)

In this picture, Russia is not the problem here. Nor hardship enduring Russian people who are in the same boat as the Americans enduring the same. They should understand each other and open up free trade and movement of people.
Instead a scenario for confrontation seems to be manipulated in front of people to feed on.

I suppose it is one way to divert peoples anger and attention away from Corporates and Politicians to defending the nation. :whistling

Rant over :)

Last edited:
People should understand the military are fighting corporate interest, which are not shared with the nation. That old model of imperialism is braking down. Population increase, more countries become organised and are prepared to fight for what little they have left.

Making your military stronger so one can enforce gunship diplomacy is yesterdays model. The old US v USSR model is no longer.

The generals always want to re-fight the last war – they don't like new thinking because that upsets their carefully rehearsed and long thought out existing plans that may have worked okay in the past. You're right in that we face an entirely new situation which requires new thinking. On the military side we need sufficient hardware and manpower resources but the real future need is using our brainpower in cyber tactics and economic persuasion. Old habits die hard.

Ukraine is Russian.

Syria is trying to fight off foreign intervention and terrorist organisations created by the West.

If US is so interested in spreading democracy, why doesn't it start with it's friend and ally the Saudies where women aren't even allowed to drive? (Women are allowed to drive in Syria!)

Some in the US think, it's weak against Russia because of the false propaganda people are fed. They don't understand the problem. Trump has rattled off same rubbish and wanting to make US great again so it can go around the World taking what ever it wants establishing puppet regimes and governments.

We now also have, the EU (UK & France), Russia, India & China. There are some other small players too like North Korea, Israel and Pakistan. That's it. Iran and Turkey want to become players too.

US really needs to get a grip on the main issues facing her people. It's not Russia, China or North Korea. It's her own corporate greed. Power to the people if only they had a brain. (y)

- Free trade areas
- High taxes

On the other hand:

I know I'm ranting but few more points. Perception and diagnosis of critical issues facing the US ( and the UK ) are all so wrong imo. No one is looking at the bigger picture.

Getting rid of criminals, drug dealers, rapists and illegal migrants working in the black economy for peanuts will help for sure. Weather it will bring jobs and wages to deprived areas I'm not sure about (y)

In this picture, Russia is not the problem here. Nor hardship enduring Russian people who are in the same boat as the Americans enduring the same. They should understand each other and open up free trade and movement of people.
Instead a scenario for confrontation seems to be manipulated in front of people to feed on.

I suppose it is one way to divert peoples anger and attention away from Corporates and Politicians to defending the nation. :whistling

well said.

Ukraine is Russian.

- Free trade areas
- High taxes

On the other hand:

What do the Ukrainians say about that? What will Russia want next? So it goes on and on. No one is saying that it is not a disgraceful amount of money but, on the other hand, there is no species on earth more quarrelsome than the human.

We have a serious "have" and "have not" situation on our hands. We protect what we have or someone will take it. A basic law of any business.

In addition, the arms bazar is very profitable.

As an afterthought, what are the Russians doing in Syria? Helping out? In a PA! Helping themselves is more like it, in the same way as the West has been helping out, in the Middle East for as long as I can remember.

Last edited:
The US has one of the highest proportion of prisoners in jail. Why is that ?

Pot and nickel bags.

Edit: It also helps if you're brown. If you're brown you can end up in jail for a broken taillight.

Last edited:

It's interesting to watch the younger generation relearn the lessons we learned in the 40s and 50s. We spin like hamsters on a wheel and inch ahead like snails.

Say What?

"Trump said he was 'saddened' by reports that incidents of harassment and intimidation of minorities had spiked since his election."

--"60 Minutes"

Say What?

"Trump said he was 'saddened' by reports that incidents of harassment and intimidation of minorities had spiked since his election."

--"60 Minutes"

Not useful anymore. A man of the ends always justify the means.

Welcome to Trump's America:

Black U.S. Army veteran Ernest Walker recorded a video of his confrontation with a Chili’s manager who refused to honor the company’s Veteran’s Day meal deal.

The confrontation happened after a white customer accused him of lying about his service.

Ernest shared the video on Facebook, along with the caption:

I was approached by an old white guy, maybe in his 70s, with a Trump Shirt, at Chili’s on Veteran’s Day yesterday. He asked if I was in the 24th unit, and I said “no the 25th”. TRICK QUESTION. He said he was in Germany, and that they did not let Blacks serve over there. He left to the back, and came back and rubbed my dog Barack, who is a service dog. I was seated and eating my food. The waitress packed the rest of my food in a to go box because I had to go pick up my wife. I got my food and tipped the waitress. Then the Manager, MR. Wesley Patrick, comes from the same area in the back, walked up, and rudly informs me that a guest said that I was not a real soldier because I had my hat on indoors. Other guests heard him. He asked for my military ID, I was calm, and provided it to him. I also provided him with my DD214 which is my discharge paperwork. At that point he should have just said “I am sorry Sir, thank you for your service’ Instead he followed up with “the guest also said your dog is not a service dog.” Barack had his Red Service Vest on, and his Certified Service Tags. I was sitting for 35 minutes prior with Barack beforehand. At this point I was grossly offended embarrassed dehumanized and started Recording…Mr. Wesley snatched my food away, made body contact

Big bold promises with little to no detail. When it doesn't play out (and most won't because its bs) his out is blaming the republicans for blocking his stuff. Where is downside for him? Answer: there is none. trumpeteers believe anything he says. it's take quite some time for them to be disillusioned with him...by then...mission accomplished $$$$$:cheesy:

Last week a psychic predicted that she 'saw ' Trump taking the oath of office in D.C. on 20 January, on a clear cold day.

She said he would be wearing a dark, black coat and his wife would be wearing a beige one.

I wish I could find it again.

DOW down 719
S&P down 102

I found it over the weekend. She made the prediction in May of this year.

Pretty damn good.

That would have been an unlikely prediction at the first of the year when Jeb Bush was everyone's favorite and they thought Trump was in it for the attention.

----

I predicted at the first of the year that Trump would most likely be the Republican candidate. May 2016 - I am now predicting that Donald J. Trump will become our 45th President on November 8, 2016 that's if we don't have a rigged election which is quite possible according to many articles on the web. I was given a powerful vision of Donald Trump taking the oath of Presidency on January 20, 2017, wearing a dark or black wool coat and Melania, his wife, wearing a light-colored coat. Donald Trump is a leader and very bright. I remote viewed the future and had a vision of Trump taking the Presidential Oath wearing a dark long coat (like the one shown below) on a very cold clear day in D.C. and his wife Melania standing near to him, wearing a light-colored coat.

http://www.betseylewis.com/2016_Predictions.html

Big bold promises with little to no detail. When it doesn't play out (and most won't because its bs) his out is blaming the republicans for blocking his stuff. Where is downside for him? Answer: there is none. trumpeteers believe anything he says. it's take quite some time for them to be disillusioned with him...by then...mission accomplished $$$$$:cheesy:

That remark could have been used 8 years ago when Obama took office. I remember when they asked him what his economic policies were while he was campaigning and he said 'it was a secret' , that he would let us know after the election.

At least Trump painted us a picture of his goals and values.

As far as blocking stuff......Obama, Reid and Pelosi locked the Republicans out of the conference room when they put the final draft of Obamacare together. 4,000 pages of government regulation and pork barrel legislation. Then they passed it without debate 12 hours later when the law requires 30 days.

Don't worry though, you got an Obamaphone and a $40 certificate to buy a converter box for your old tv. Obama's gonna save us all. He's gonna give us all a new house, a free college education and legalize dope. What a guy.

An interesting thing of note is the lack of the Exclusionary Rule. If a cop (there) illegally obtains information that you broke the law, the judge can still choose to use that information. In such an event, both the cop and criminal will be in trouble. Criminals get off on technicalities here.

Not exactly true most of that HH...Our police have very strict protocol with regards gathering evidence, it is then presented to the Crown prosecution service whom then decide if said evidence was obtained in the correct manner and sufficient to win a case in court, many cases dont make it to court for this very reason...unlike USA the evidence cannot be obtained through entrapment nor by illegal or unlawful means...For example, Dog the bounty hunter would be arrested and locked up in a secure hospital should he try his tactics over here..
Also the farce that was the OJ Simpson trial would of sent him straight to jail on the first trial...there's no way you could make a showcase like that in a UK court, nether do we support any form of plea bargaining, therefore, I do think our policing and judicial system is far superior to yours.....rest my case your honour..:LOL:

you see a comparison b/w trump & obama?

you are kind of like...an idiot?

Absolutely not, just the remarks you made regarding the Gentleman from Manhattan and how they compare to Obama's record.

That being said....Obama has a press conference now and he is acting quite presidential. A dramatic difference from eight years ago. He said that the U.S. should give Trump some time to settle into the job, that campaigning is different from the presidency and he is free to select his own cabinet.

He sounds quite reasonable and professional. Good for him.

Welcome to Trump's America:

Black U.S. Army veteran Ernest Walker recorded a video of his confrontation with a Chili’s manager who refused to honor the company’s Veteran’s Day meal deal.

The confrontation happened after a white customer accused him of lying about his service.

Ernest shared the video on Facebook, along with the caption:

I was approached by an old white guy, maybe in his 70s, with a Trump Shirt, at Chili’s on Veteran’s Day yesterday. He asked if I was in the 24th unit, and I said “no the 25th”. TRICK QUESTION. He said he was in Germany, and that they did not let Blacks serve over there. He left to the back, and came back and rubbed my dog Barack, who is a service dog. I was seated and eating my food. The waitress packed the rest of my food in a to go box because I had to go pick up my wife. I got my food and tipped the waitress. Then the Manager, MR. Wesley Patrick, comes from the same area in the back, walked up, and rudly informs me that a guest said that I was not a real soldier because I had my hat on indoors. Other guests heard him. He asked for my military ID, I was calm, and provided it to him. I also provided him with my DD214 which is my discharge paperwork. At that point he should have just said “I am sorry Sir, thank you for your service’ Instead he followed up with “the guest also said your dog is not a service dog.” Barack had his Red Service Vest on, and his Certified Service Tags. I was sitting for 35 minutes prior with Barack beforehand. At this point I was grossly offended embarrassed dehumanized and started Recording…Mr. Wesley snatched my food away, made body contact

ALL service members should be treated fairly and thanked for their service. I don't agree with the manager or the restaurant at all but how is this Trump's America?? Check your calendar it's not January yet. It's still Obama's America.

Peter