The Next US President

I'm not sure if you will ever get it, but wages, like all other resources, are distributed according to supply and demand. There are more people on earth who can serve drinks in a bar than who can perform open heart surgery. You of all people should understand this simple concept as a result of your never ending quest to find a coder who will program your fortune making automation system. Would you pay a barber the same amount as you pay a coder? Fair means that two people doing the same job get paid the same, it does not mean that a bartender should earn the same amount as the CEO of a FTSE 100 company.

I am not suggesting everyone earns the same but some get paid vast sums while others nearby are near starving. That can't be right.
There are plenty of examples of useless CEOs that should never have been employed.

I am not suggesting everyone earns the same but some get paid vast sums while others nearby are near starving. That can't be right.
There are plenty of examples of useless CEOs that should never have been employed.

Some people would argue even with their own reflection in the mirror Pat.

I was going to respond with where does it say in Pat's post that Barber's should get the same as FTSE CEO's but then thought better of it. Can see from your post that you are thinking the same. So is Theresa May as at a government level it has been acknowledged that there is a problem with CEO numeration and how they are set.

https://www.ft.com/content/534cc4ba-51a2-11e6-befd-2fc0c26b3c60

It's not about the classical EQUALITY crap nonsense neo-cons with their pure free markets like to latch on to. Subject matter is about EQUITY, fairness something that is difficult to address or comprehend.

So when you talk of a "fair distribution of wages" based on effort, reward and bonus etc, he is reading it as Barbers salary = CEO salary. :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Again, I'm not sure what point you are making. Is it right that some musicians earn millions from their music while people are homeless? Explain your concept of right and wrong when it comes to what people earn. There are useless bartenders but is that OK because they don't earn much? If a bartender constantly served you the wrong drink or spilled half of it over you every time s/he brought it to you your table, would you complain or just gladly accept it because, well, they aren't paid very much so it's forgivable if s/he is useless. "That can't be right" isn't much of an argument. People are generally hired under the expectation that they will perform according to their remuneration. I bet anyone can name at least one person they work with who is as useless at their job as the high profile CEO's that get under your skin. Yes, there are some useless CEO's, but I can't fathom what you see as connection between the quality of CEO and their salary. Do you think if CEO's earned just the minimum wage that the standard of CEO would soar? Or maybe you would be OK with them being useless, driving their company into bankruptcy would suddenly become acceptable as long as they are only earning minimum wage! (y)

:
:LOL:

He was right about Brexit too !
Best not tell Atilla, he's still sore :)

Now I know where the Aussies come up with whinging Pom = Atilla

Just export him the EU would love him.:LOL:

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    66.6 KB · Views: 134
Personally I would like to see much more of a team effort in each company. Which means the end of the old and useless them and us divisions between management and workers. Their interests should not conflict in strikes and grossly unfair wages.

Personally I would like to see much more of a team effort in each company. Which means the end of the old and useless them and us divisions between management and workers. Their interests should not conflict in strikes and grossly unfair wages.

One day it will dawn on you that companies don’t exist for the benefit of “workers”. This becomes increasingly obvious as more and more companies automate. I’m not sure when you will eventually ‘get it’...perhaps it will require you getting out of the comfort of your armchair and actually starting a business of your own.

They are called co-ops and have been around since the dawn of time.

Well why not pick an exceptional company one may regard as being profitable and very well managed.

Then look at their HR and numeration policies share price, return on equity and so forth.

By the same token look at a company that's doing badly and give it the same treatment.

List the differences.

Simples!

May come as an eye opener to some. :idea:

Hillary is Medically Unfit for the Office.

There have been so many instances of her having coughing fits that it is not necessary to document them anymore.

Today, she almost passed out at a ceremony for 9-11. She was not even able to stand up on her own when she left early.

Her Team said it was 'the heat'.......Gimme a break......it was 79F / 27C when she left.

Why isn't the Press spending more time reporting on this?

BTW, she is the one standing on the edge of the street, leaning against a silver traffic barrier, with a woman supporting her.

https://twitter.com/zgazda66/status/774993814025011200/video/1

http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/11/politics/hillary-clinton-health/index.html

Last edited:

Well, the average tenure of a CEO is only 2-3 years. So, if they don't perform they are gone.

But a good CEO is worth his weight in gold. For example..... I think Jamie Dimon of Citibank makes 30M a year. But he is the CEO of one of the largest banks in the world with assets larger than some third world countries. He makes money every quarter, employs hundreds of thousands of people, and is recognized as a leader in business and government.

The average person that works for Citi comes to work at 8AM, sits in their little cubicle, does their job and watches cat videos when no one is looking. They don't have 1 percent of the responsibility or the stress that Dimon has. And Dimon and others probably have the cell phone number of their congressman, governor and Obama too.

The people in the cubicles are average people. Jamie Dimon and others were in the top 1 percent of their high school class, top 1 percent of college and were number one at every job they had prior to becoming CEO.

A good CEO like Dimon is worth every penny they make. And if my job and my ability to provide for my family depended on him, I wouldn't care how much he was paid.

There have been so many instances of her having coughing fits that it is not necessary to document them anymore.

OTOH, she doesn't mock disabled people, attack gold star families, use crass generalizations or p*ss on the graves of our soldiers in her run to the presidency.

Take your pick.

With regard to the size of america and the sheer amount of talented people/politicians over there... yet one of these two are going to become the next president....it beggars belief.

With regard to the size of america and the sheer amount of talented people/politicians over there... yet one of these two are going to become the next president....it beggars belief.

Though one could say the same thing about Great Britain, Germany, France, Austria, Italy et al. For a variety of reasons we are enmeshed in an existential re-examination of what it means to be human and what "human society" is all about, one which we haven't had since the War. I have no idea how it will all turn out, but these elections will tell us a great deal about who we are and want to be.

Not having a go at you or the american people db, But its like a reverse election whereby after months of campaigning and x amount of millions $ spent you end up with the two worst possible candidates that could possibly hold office, albeit for different reasons.

It will be down to damage limitation in the end....who can do the least damage in the four years. :LOL:

Today, she almost passed out at a ceremony for 9-11. She was not even able to stand up on her own when she left early.

Her Team said it was 'the heat'.......Gimme a break......it was 79F / 27C when she left.

Why isn't the Press spending more time reporting on this?

BTW, she is the one standing on the edge of the street, leaning against a silver traffic barrier, with a woman supporting her.

https://twitter.com/zgazda66/status/774993814025011200/video/1

http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/11/politics/hillary-clinton-health/index.html

So you think having a president with Tourettes is preferable to one with a chronic cough?

Not having a go at you or the american people db, But its like a reverse election whereby after months of campaigning and x amount of millions $ spent you end up with the two worst possible candidates that could possibly hold office, albeit for different reasons.

It will be down to damage limitation in the end....who can do the least damage in the four years. :LOL:

I gotta agree with you there.

I am not in love with Trump but at least he is relatively honest.
He is a smart man that has been successful in his personal and private life.

Hillary had never accomplished anything on her own. She has no overwhelming success as a Senator from NY or as Secretary of State. Her only success in life has been monetizing her position as a former First Lady and Secretary of State. Pay to Play as we call it.

Trump is arrogant and bombastic but at least he is smart, successful and honest.