swingin' the ftse: 2008

black bear - I have problems forecasting FTSE beyond late morning at the best of times but sounds quite a possible scenario.
I hope to short the FTSE down into the Easter gap Monday am. If it doesn't trade south first thing I will wait. When the US opens I will go long on the Dow if it prints above Friday's high. If neither happens I'll sit out until Tuesday.

Hi

ye just how my brain goes on one, sort of imagination going mad like a kids watching a movie

arrrrr to much screen time again :LOL:

I trade my method = END OFF

At the end of the day its just my thoughts on the market, the thoughts always tend to be on a swing timeframe even if I do not trade it which I find strange and :confused:

have a good one :clover:

Andy

You've got more changes of clothes than Dior :jester:

Some stats that may interest:

From Jan 1st

Nasdaq - 14.7%
FTSE - 11.8%
S&P - 10.4%
Dow - 7.9%

From 17 March panic lows

FTSE + 5.1%
Nasdaq + 4.9%
S&P + 4.6%
Dow + 3.9%

what that tells the trained mind I'm not sure!!!!

cheers

jon

Andy

From Jan 1st

Nasdaq - 14.7%
FTSE - 11.8%
S&P - 10.4%
Dow - 7.9%

From 17 March panic lows

FTSE + 5.1%
Nasdaq + 4.9%
S&P + 4.6%
Dow + 3.9%

cheers

jon

Personally, I think he's on the run. :)

The 3 musketeers

Andy

From Jan 1st

Nasdaq - 14.7%
FTSE - 11.8%
S&P - 10.4%
Dow - 7.9%

From 17 March panic lows

FTSE + 5.1%
Nasdaq + 4.9%
S&P + 4.6%
Dow + 3.9%

cheers

jon

Hi Jon & Split

wheres the other one :LOL:

lol trained mind :LOL::LOL: what does it tell, please inform me before monday and its to late

tells me that happened yesterday Jon

intraday account up more than combined % above, so what else do I need to no :confused:

inform me O great one, I am missing something for sure, while I am here a :?: if I may

serious = why do you require 3 days before you do something regards actually trading the market:?: hidden forces I am unaware of at work :confused:

Split & Jon lol

takes two of you I am very flattered :)

bring on Kippers and make it a 3 some

The 3 musketeers

Attachments

• musketeers.jpg
    musketeers.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 429
Hi Jon & Split

wheres the other one :LOL:

lol trained mind :LOL::LOL: what does it tell, please inform me before monday and its to late

tells me that happened yesterday Jon

intraday account up more than combined % above, so what else do I need to no :confused:

inform me O great one, I am missing something for sure, while I am here a :?: if I may

serious = why do you require 3 days before you do something regards actually trading the market:?: hidden forces I am unaware of at work :confused:

Split & Jon lol

takes two of you I am very flattered :)

bring on Kippers and make it a 3 some

The 3 musketeers

That's so that he has time to go golfing in the Cayman's, then come back and collect the loot. Something that you can't do, yet, Young'un. :D

That's so that he has time to go golfing in the Cayman's, then come back and collect the loot. Something that you can't do, yet, Young'un. :D

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

your always right

Mrs Split must love it when you make a bad call :p

Last edited:
Hi Jon & Split

Andy

It's a modified Gann approach - very much like Mark Rivalland's - which I've been using for years. The simple version's here - T2W Day Trading & Forex Community . Something to do with three day cycles, although I've never really bothered about the logic behind it.

Might be a busy morning tomorrow - got 11 potential share shorts to be looking at, so I'm not too keen to hear about ftse strength :cheesy:

good trading

jon

ps: It's the loot that's in the Caymans, split, not me golfing :) Mind you they laugh at my account there next to yours ;)

Andy

It's a modified Gann approach - very much like Mark Rivalland's - which I've been using for years. The simple version's here - T2W Day Trading & Forex Community . Something to do with three day cycles, although I've never really bothered about the logic behind it.

Might be a busy morning tomorrow - got 11 potential share shorts to be looking at, so I'm not too keen to hear about ftse strength :cheesy:

good trading

jon

ps: It's the loot that's in the Caymans, split, not me golfing :) Mind you they laugh at my account there next to yours ;)

Ssshhhh!

Ftse looking in "good shape" not that far from Friday's high ..........
A break of 750 would be nice tomorrow.or perhaps today as that would give 3 little drives up off swing low and potential for a short play............. but if we fail below 750 that's okay providing we get really close first :)

Shorted the FTSE early as planned so I'm happy but now standing on the sidelaines for chance to go long on Dow (but I don't see it making a swing buy signal so early in the week and so late in the month / quarter).

Well Done Tom

Shorted the FTSE early as planned so I'm happy but now standing on the sidelaines for chance to go long on Dow (but I don't see it making a swing buy signal so early in the week and so late in the month / quarter).

Looks like the late comers will get a second bite of the ftse-cherry....:cheesy:

US could be strong today......... at least stronger than people think .

slow down boys

let it brew, news will give you longs plenty of time to position I think, oh thinking again ....

thats not good :)

good luck

id be surprised if we get any major movement before employment numbners on Friday, but while the intraday range is as good as today, who cares

id be surprised if we get any major movement before employment numbners on Friday, but while the intraday range is as good as today, who cares

Hi datav

well I for one do not,(y)

These guys like to wait 3 days before they do anything at all, never really here only to report their huge swing trades from time to time, rest of the time its Golf :confused:,

Jon was sobbing last week on another thread but he seems better now, his shorts Stocks must be going lower I guess

Oh ye and.......

Something about money or loot on some island off shore, Split sits guard and Jon fetchs and carries the pots loads of cash the pair make trading like that.

Thought I would hang around a bit and see if theres any truth in it, not learnt anything yet, but only had a dozon trading days in the last year, so will give it a little longer :)

Think the same, this rally (dow) bit to early in the week ahead of the news, but hey that might be the fuel :?:

Last edited:
well if Split has found a map of buried treasure, I dont suppose he'll be sharing it with us..the old black spot yu know....

Yipee...

Ftse looking in "good shape" not that far from Friday's high ..........
A break of 750 would be nice tomorrow.or perhaps today as that would give 3 little drives up off swing low and potential for a short play............. but if we fail below 750 that's okay providing we get really close first :)

We've broken 750/60 and now the next swing move is obvious.........:cheesy:
Do we see 5800... first ??
Who cares / We've got UK in the cross hairs... at whatever price he wants to give us :LOL:

Kersplatt

Anyone not put off by Monday's big gap opening (and most will have been) will have been severely burnt. Those trying the odd feeble retracement during Mondays recovery will have been burnt. Those trying a bite as it came back down through the trigger price will have been burnt. The cautious who wait for a close below the trigger price and those who stayed on the sidelines because of the gap will be intact.

Me? I was on the sidelines being pre-occupied with my share shorts. Five triggered (down gaps saved most of the others), one I scrambled out at break even, one is surprisingly in profit - but not enough to counter losses in the remaining three.

That ole black bear knows a thing or two ;)

good trading

jon

Attachments

• ftseswing.JPG
    ftseswing.JPG
    69.7 KB · Views: 164
Looks like I'll have to eat the perverbial humble pie AGAIN..that was certainly some move today. Pretty much a straight run north again from about 12.30

Knowing and doing are 2 different things

Anyone not put off by Monday's big gap opening (and most will have been) will have been severely burnt. Those trying the odd feeble retracement during Mondays recovery will have been burnt. Those trying a bite as it came back down through the trigger price will have been burnt. The cautious who wait for a close below the trigger price and those who stayed on the sidelines because of the gap will be intact.

Me? I was on the sidelines being pre-occupied with my share shorts. Five triggered (down gaps saved most of the others), one I scrambled out at break even, one is surprisingly in profit - but not enough to counter losses in the remaining three.

That ole black bear knows a thing or two ;)

good trading

jon

Hi Jon

glad you got out alive

Not trade long because I am a bear, took me by suprise this early in week
Gap down did not fill the old gap enough and threw me Jon

He who hesitates is lost :eek::cry:

think Lee might be happy, good trading (y)

Last edited:
April Fool

Hi Jon & Split

trading intra day as per usual

While in trades you do get a feel for ...........something :LOL: so thought I would pop them here rather than have them rolling around in my head, pass them on so somebody else can have them, may be of more use to them, but I doubt it :p

Ftse gap un-filled from Easter weekend 560 fut @ high to 5639 @ low is inviting.
Does not show up on Sb firms charts

Fridays gap up to the highs on the open was very strange but made life very easy that day to take profit errrrrrrrr twice :clap:

The bounce was strong and thats where Split went if I had to make a guess.

Feel that the ftse is stronger than it looks and that gap is just where it would have traded through if we were open monday anyway.

Monday will be interesting, Dow was weak Friday but as now completed a complete standard 3 day decline with no flap at all imho which included one inside nr7 day to start it off. Monday last day of the 1/4 ~ month to.

Ftse imo as resisted going lower and held up well all week. When the Dow took its lows out the Ftse was very restrained and marked the up beats twice as much as the down beats, that was my thoughts when in Ftse trades anyway.

Just for Fun not a trade call so no kippers please Jon will have no money down in this tf unless one gets away while I am making a cuppa :)

Ftse to gap down = not very far, print an open hour slap bang in the middle of that gap and proceed to Zig Zag in it all day. Dow to print a nr7 day to later.

Tuesday = new 1/4 & new month

Both to start looking very weak and rip towards pd lows

THEN ~ :eek: blast off up hill and take their highs out and away in the wrong direction :arrowu: :eek:

Would not be suprised to see Ftse fut at 6100-200 ish before we see another sell off

good trading all:clover: hope you like my new fur coat :)

Black Bear reports a bad day at the office and the loss of 3 claws on one paw :eek:

Hi Jon

well did a you a few weeks back I am sorry to say. Must be catching, did not go pressing all the buttons but the next best thing.

Thought about if I should post this, but sure someone else can learn something so...........

Above post gives you a fair idea of my thoughts on the longer timeframe, like I have said previous do not trade them and have never experienced anything positive from trading them if honest, got myself the odd mi-grain or two but thats about it.

Married that opinion, :confused:

Hows that bad :?:

well :LOL:

I had to take ladddddy boy to sax concert in the morning, upon my return I switched on pc and the Ftse had already spiked down to above mentioned levels.

A day early compared to my opinion I hope you note.

As per usual shorted out the highs and made points later in the day going into the Dow open as it tracked back to its pdc.

On the Fools day the 1st

Next day we are obviously going down to the above posts mentioned zone, at least at some point in the week with all this bad news to come :LOL:

Shorted straight into the rally and got a good slap for my trouble because

Opinions are never wrong are they :?:

What a complete assssssssssssssssssssssssssss hollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllle !!!!

April Fool

Funny how that Bullish opinion can still be dangerous when opperating outside your own trading method and usual plan. Just could not accept I had missed the move I suppose and just opted not to see what was in front of me, was convinced it would range one more time

Because I wanted it to :eek::eek::cry:

se la ve

Have managed to stick one of the claws back on over the last couple of days and the others are healing up, last time I stick my hand in that open hole without looking whats inside first.

Trading usual method in usual timeframes :)

ps: Real nice trading Lee, (y) can you pm me position trade rough rules handbook please, seem to be required this end :eek:

Hang on I did win a repppy point :p

Good trading all :clover:

Attachments

• bear honey.jpg
    bear honey.jpg
    3 KB · Views: 405
Last edited: