swingin' the ftse: 2008

No chance to get short on FTSE today so long instead (and in slight profit so far). Possible we'll see an explosive afternoon in NY but a breakout probably more likely tomorrow.

Dancing time

No chance to get short on FTSE today so long instead (and in slight profit so far). Possible we'll see an explosive afternoon in NY but a breakout probably more likely tomorrow.

Hi tomorton

Agree,

Danced across the tops all morning and made pts but no damage inflicted to the wagon train behind :)

Backing off a bit now

Dows tracked back to pdc and days pivot.

Ftse marking the Dow up ticks quite strong

Could do with a reasonable Dow today to give a nice gap open @ 6090 fut ish on the open.

Indians love troops who get a bit lost a long way from home :)

Attachments

• Tpee.jpg
    Tpee.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 356
  • war pony 1.jpg
    war pony 1.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 345
  • custers grave.jpg
    custers grave.jpg
    2.8 KB · Views: 340
Very small short from US close last night. Further series of sell orders down to below yesterday's low. As yesterday, if the sells aren't triggered I will reverse strategy from swing trade to momentum trade and try to catch a few £ on the long side. (but work keeps getting in the way).

Gap down :-(

looks like a false one to me

Nice gap down then one of them en-gulfer candles to sure up the gains of the last few sessions imho, but we will see....................

Dow under pdl on fut which I never like to see this early

I will short later but think I will have to dance again :)

Only small profit on the short but yes, Andy, today's gap down not showing convincing follow-through. Still have sell order below yesterday's low but this prob won't be triggered this pm.

How far below

Only small profit on the short but yes, Andy, today's gap down not showing convincing follow-through. Still have sell order below yesterday's low but this prob won't be triggered this pm.

Hi T

Hell your brave imho

You not been tripped in on the zig zags. how do you manage it or are you in and stop right over the lot

I would Sh..t myself with an order in that market certainly would not leave it unattended, its chopping every which way :eek:

open hours range holding and pwh and pdl in the chop dow under its low but pdc 50 pts ish away uphill so will wait and see

. . .(but work keeps getting in the way).
Hi Tom,
Knock the day job on the head and become a full time trader. You know it's what you want to do, but don't tell Mrs. O' I suggested it!
:clap:
Tim.

Sell triggered just as NY opened but in red ever since. Intend to hold a bit longer as FTSE shows distinct hanging man pattern and Dow weakening. Not in my best series of trades I have to admit.

Ftse and Dow hold ..Guess the next move competion

Dow is in holding pattern imo going sideways in an accending channel (days) looks like a big breakout to the upside to me is on the cards as it encounters the lower end of the channel at the very latest imho 12500 ish unless we get a larger down day tomorrow in which case 12400 ish to stay in the channel

Ftse as held pw high and pdl today and to be honest never looked in the mood to take a look lower. gapped down on the open and was quite keen to mark up once the Dow open was out of the way. Downside much past 900 looks, well it does"nt in my opinion but anything can happen :)

I have the area of possible R down to a very narrow band and if the Dow goes higher the Ftse will fly 100-200 pts very quick imo and build a nice buffer for any downside which is sure to come later imho

decending trend line / channels in weeks tf will come into play I would have thought some time next week

Just my thoughts and nothing more, like to get shut of them then someone else can have them, certainly not trading them after the last time, they are to unreliable, just a bit of Fun guess the next move :)

Good trading :clover:

Last edited:
Dow is in holding pattern imo going sideways in an accending channel (days) looks like a big breakout to the upside to me is on the cards as it encounters the lower end of the channel at the very latest imho 12500 ish unless we get a larger down day tomorrow in which case 12400 ish to stay in the channel

Ftse as held pw high and pdl today and to be honest never looked in the mood to take a look lower. gapped down on the open and was quite keen to mark up once the Dow open was out of the way. Downside much past 900 looks, well it does"nt in my opinion but anything can happen :)

I have the area of possible R down to a very narrow band and if the Dow goes higher the Ftse will fly 100-200 pts very quick imo and build a nice buffer for any downside which is sure to come later imho

decending trend line / channels in weeks tf will come into play I would have thought some time next week

Just my thoughts and nothing more, like to get shut of them then someone else can have them, certainly not trading them after the last time, they are to unreliable, just a bit of Fun guess the next move :)

trouble with doing that is its too easy to get married to that guess / opinion....its still there in the back of the mind lurking waiting to leap on the slightest slip in discipline:LOL:

mmm, the 6000 attackers got into the outer courtyard on Monday but the old hot oil did its stuff and they retreated to outside the ramparts today. Pretty resilient though and no sign of a route as yet. Nonetheless I'm short.

good trading

jon

I am still short and a bit happier after the overnight price fall.

I am also (unusually) following one of my own secondary rules which is to not wait for a stop to be hit with a full-size position - I have put in a series of stops at 25pt intervals running up until just above Monday's high.

Short 6026 fut
closed 96.5 fut ~ dows approaching pdl

1 left running stop BE

Stop moved to 6016 will close it out when :) Dow hits pdl or leave Stop put at +10

closed out 94.5 ~ Dow at its low

All done, hope it goes through its low for you boys during daylight hours :) :clover:

Last edited:
Back to the drawing board. An amateur mistake leaves me flat and in the red. My progressive stops on the short were triggering one by one, then I threw away the plan and closed the remainder manually - too early! It was the high of the day. Only consolation is that trade's losses are 1% of capital only. What a burk.

Back to the drawing board. An amateur mistake leaves me flat and in the red. My progressive stops on the short were triggering one by one, then I threw away the plan and closed the remainder manually - too early! It was the high of the day. Only consolation is that trade's losses are 1% of capital only. What a burk.

Your not alone mate! i bought ftse puts last tuesday end of the day and didnt check screen again for a couple days! and im still in, now thats what you call a burk :eek:

Best out of it imho

Bad luck you lot if you have closed, if not hope you catch a strong wind in the morning and are sat the right side by High noon

BOE out

Dows gone into close on the up bar and was still going strong last time I looked

Ftse at scratch with the sb firms

= quiet morning I think not getting mixed up in the morning jollies :arrowl::arrowu::arrowr::arrowd::arrowl::arrowu: both side of some very very important point.....................NOT!.........

forget it, count me out, I am having a :sleep:

Hopeing we spike up on the rate cut, if we get it :) if not =hell up :cheesy:

Spike target @ 6090 june fut and will sell @ or around there with in the moment Stop/tight as Split & me together may try twice with multiple indian Scouts :)

65 june fut @ around R2 minimum price in all probability I will attemt to fight the 7th Calvalry outriders off at ~ without seeing the morning price action

Dow to be @ 12600- 12625 ishhhhhhhhhhh ! decending trend line hours or double top R1. R2 @ 12692

Last edited:
:eek:
lol

there go the long Stops

Hi black bear, if its any consolation im still in on april puts and need another 100 pts just to b/e!:eek:
I bought them last week after ftse climed 150 pts in one session and thought a re test would have bagged me a few...... NOT

Information is never cheap

:eek:

Hi black bear, if its any consolation im still in on april puts and need another 100 pts just to b/e!:eek:
I bought them last week after ftse climed 150 pts in one session and thought a re test would have bagged me a few...... NOT

Hi trigger

Ye got my fingersburnt to on the same day I think

thats what they call paying the market for information :eek:

Good luck on the announcement

Last edited: