S&P 500 weekly competition for 2012

Good point, but as for me concerns Im away from my office on saturday morning, and come back in just 20 or 25 min before market opens, so right after switching on all my devices and see what futures are hovering around I get on this thread to place my bid.

the cutoff time should be before US futures Sunday open ...

Guys, the rules have worked fine for the last couple of years and most of us that have participated regularly in that period have done so without any problems, making our own calls based upon whatever reasons we choose to do so.

Remember, this is supposed to be a bit of fun.

Guys, the rules have worked fine for the last couple of years and most of us that have participated regularly in that period have done so without any problems, making our own calls based upon whatever reasons we choose to do so.

Remember, this is supposed to be a bit of fun.

I do believe you are correct. Why change now?
But if you do change the rules then I will give you $2.00 and an old piece of fried chicken that now has some cool looking green stuff on it to let me have a set of them before all else.:devilish:

I'm not sure what all the "gaming" comments are about. But if someone thinks I am not being up front and above board, please message me and let me know.

I don't think that's what was meant at all by all this. I know it's not what I meant.
Just some good old fashion fun.

That being said Rob, if you get a better offer I can get more fried chicken:whistling

I don't think that's what was meant at all by all this. I know it's not what I meant.
Just some good old fashion fun.

That being said Rob, if you get a better offer I can get more fried chicken:whistling

Okay, I apologize if I read into this.

Bad hair day...

It's only a matter of time........

tbh 1900 and 2000 is not that far , we will not feel how it got there ... however i am not looking for years ahead i am looking for tomorrow and next week

Getting my prediction in early. I think top is close now - so we maybe pop a bit to 1380 then collapse. Calling 1356 eow.

W/E 2/3/12 - Results

The rally continues despite a fairly violent sell-off on Wednesday after making a new high. The week closes higher once again at 1369.63.

Calls are getting tighter than a gnats chuff as they say in Yorkshire and our 1,2,3 this week are:

1) dpinpon - 1170 (0.37)
2) hwsteele - 1168 (-1.63)
3) Pat494 - 1172 (2.37)

So congrats to the 3 amigos for some stunning calls once again, especially dpinpon for the win and almost nailing it.

isatrader remains in the lead overall with a little bit of air between him and the rest of us mortals.

Full results here link to results sheet

Last edited:
Re: W/E 2/3/12 - Results

The rally continues despite a fairly violent sell-off on Wednesday after making a new high. The week closes higher once again at 1369.63.

Calls are getting tighter than a gnats chuff as they say in Yorkshire and our 1,2,3 this week are:

1) dpinpon - 1170 (0.37)
2) hwsteele - 1168 (-1.63)
3) Pat494 - 1172 (2.37)

So congrats to the 3 amigos for some stunning calls once again, especially dpinpon for the win and almost nailing it.

isatrader remains in the lead overall with a little bit of air between him and the rest of us mortals.

Full results here link to results sheet

Congrats to dpinpon! :clap:It does not get much closer than that! Well maybe $.37 closer but that's not much room.

1380 for moi again, svp.

Should stay mostly flat this week, but I see it inching a bit higher.

I believe we will be down a little this week so I will go for 1351 for Friday March 9th.