S&P 500 weekly competition for 2012

I'm feeling a bit boxed in, as to win with my current pick I'd need to nail it within a point or so as that seems to be a popular level.

So I'm requesting a change please robster to 1385

I'm feeling a bit boxed in, as to win with my current pick I'd need to nail it within a point or so as that seems to be a popular level.

So I'm requesting a change please robster to 1385

Done my friend. I am also intrigued by this phenomena which has been going on for the last 3-4 weeks.

Thanks robster. Me too, but it seems like some of the players are getting a bit more tactical lately :help:

I think that will work itself out in the wash. As you know this is long game. It's probably not helped by the fact that this area has had a lot of activity associated with it over last year. I'm just waiting for the market to tip it's hat before deciding what to do next. I suspect that this will shake people out itself.

I think a bit of strategy is adding to the fun of the game. There is 5 weeks left in this quarters game, so my personal goal is to get above 20 points.

Re: W/E 2nd March

Average 1363.5
WT Average 1373.1
Up count 9
Down count 6

Will the market roll over this week? Good luck folks. :clover:

Link to spreadsheet with predictions

9 up and 6 down.
Will the market roll over this week? No because we still have six buyers.
Next week I will have to wait to see if everyone says the market will go up.
As we all know if all say up then it will go down.
It will be like trying to bid on ebay. Everyone waiting for the last minute before the market opens to see what everyone else will bid then in the last five seconds we all enter our predictions.
Interesting thing, I have only been back for two weeks now, for this little game of ours, and it seems to have become as much about what the others here are going to guess as much as what the market is going to do.