S&P 500 weekly competition for 2012

1340 for me
I'm falling way behind in the rankings :(

Peter

I've figured one way to place above-average would be to at least be consistent on direction for the point gain.

You might not get the bonus of being top 3 often, but when you do, it'll be a nice boost to your steadily increasing profits.

I know I am the last person who should mention it - but haven't you, Rob forgotten to update the points ?

Attachments

• S&P results.PNG
    S&P results.PNG
    63.6 KB · Views: 143
I update it Pat - it doesn't happen by magic...be nice if it did though...

I meant updating past weeks to this week's figures. Well never mind.

The curve is very slightly flatter imho. But 1381 please for me.

I meant updating past weeks to this week's figures. Well never mind.

The curve is very slightly flatter imho. But 1381 please for me.

If you mean an audit/continuity of what historic results were then no. I generally move the scores from Friday into SoW and clear the results on a Sunday night when people generally start posting up their predictions.

If people want to be able to see what previous results were then I can re-introduce that - I know it was embedded in the thread when you did it Pat. I didn't get rid of it with malice, it's just that managing a spreadsheet online that people can link to is just an easier way for me to do things.

Thanks hwsteele, i guess it was more of a lucky shot than a wow call, it could ve gone higher on friday but for whatever reason didnt. Im still bullish until prove otherwise, so ill go with 1381.

Ohh, by the way, just got in 15 min ago into my office, good luck all this coming weekand have nice decent trades which is our real goal.

If you mean an audit/continuity of what historic results were then no. I generally move the scores from Friday into SoW and clear the results on a Sunday night when people generally start posting up their predictions.

If people want to be able to see what previous results were then I can re-introduce that - I know it was embedded in the thread when you did it Pat. I didn't get rid of it with malice, it's just that managing a spreadsheet online that people can link to is just an easier way for me to do things.

You are doing a great job on keeping the thread going, Rob - so do it your way sport. (y)

Have noticed I'm the only one saying down out of the top eight on the leader board. Tactically, I probably should have gone with the others as at least I'd get a point then if one of those seven wins, but I didn't like the key reversal day last Wednesday and other factors I look at are looking more dodgy. Oh well, it could be the end of my run if I'm wrong.

Trade your own opinions - that's the key to success IMO.

Looking at today, you might have something although I would expect 1368.25 on ES to get tagged before turning.......

Have noticed I'm the only one saying down out of the top eight on the leader board. Tactically, I probably should have gone with the others as at least I'd get a point then if one of those seven wins, but I didn't like the key reversal day last Wednesday and other factors I look at are looking more dodgy. Oh well, it could be the end of my run if I'm wrong.

Isa: you are probably going to be glad you went with your choice. I almost went down but figured I'd give it one more week. Probably a mistake.

Good looking out for yourself.

Don