S&P 500 & other indexes - intraday. Plus chat

ES 09-12 (5 Min)  21_06_2012 6.jpg

Quick update. It's like pulling teeth whilst watching paint dry this morning.

@Dino. Do you have any contact with Firewalker99, these days? I personally thought he was a damned fine trader. Although i did catch him trying to pull the wool occassionally, hehe.

I remember him well, a really good trader from years ago but got upset easily

Dooohhhh, was going to go for a walk until the US Open, but the heavens have opened now. :mad: Have to watch a bit of TV, back later

Does anybody do any pre-market analysis ?

My opinion is for an up day today but big fundamentals today, so have to be careful.

ES 09-12 (5 Min)  21_06_2012 7.jpg

ES 09-12 (5 Min)  21_06_2012 8.jpg

Target, at last! Now i can get on with my life. Of course, there does not have to be a definate target, a person could just keep moving the stop. I'll try that on a day where i am less busy.

My opinion is for an up day today but big fundamentals today, so have to be careful.

Yes but I usually start the process about 1pm and then it rolls into mental prep for the session and then trading the session.

To guess the day's possible range seems quite helpful sometimes.
For instance today 1360 to 1345 looks about right.

Splashy, my take on the DAX this am, my entries per my set up if I had being trading it. You can see the consistency with my CAC set up

Thanks, never seen HA candles used in anger before.
I much prefer DAX to the us indices and FTSE because it seems less 'fidgety' to me but sometimes i leave trades alone that i really want to take because the stop is a touch longer than i would like. Never thought about checking out CAC in its place but its obviously worth a look. :)

Thanks, never seen HA candles used in anger before.
I much prefer DAX to the us indices and FTSE because it seems less 'fidgety' to me but sometimes i leave trades alone that i really want to take because the stop is a touch longer than i would like. Never thought about checking out CAC in its place but its obviously worth a look. :)

You might want to look at FESX - you often get good, smooth moves and liquidity is probably second only to ES.

If you go in for such things (and I don't, personally) there's a pretty h and s setting up (today, yesterday, day before). Clearest on NQ.

The commission is the same on the cash S&P 500 ,as to the future S&P 500
Why would one prefer the future ? It is usually about 5 points different and can change from above to below in a second. Quite why it changes is anybodys guess imho.

Attachments

• S&P 500.PNG
    S&P 500.PNG
    139.7 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:
:) 2nd of my 2 daily trades on the CAC trade for the day. Usual set up, 1st confirming trade after US open. 2nd HA trending candle after it has crossed my trade line.(The doji at 14:35 giving pre warning something was possibly about to happen). R1 was in play as well

Ticket as per usual rules, set for +/- 10 pips. Both trades in for +20 pips on the day.

Attachments

• p6.jpg
    p6.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 156