S&P 500 & other indexes - intraday. Plus chat

Right, that's me done for today. See you guys tomorrow.

136648d1337320454-s-p-500-other-indexes-intraday-plus-chat-queen-long-es.png

Dick swinging doesn't happen on this thread Dinos. We're all fairly mature about it all and don't loiter on here to prove sh1t to each other.

Calling on the live thread is not about dick swinging although i admit it can have tendency to collect one or two needy egos...they're easy enough to spot.
If someone is posting live calls to prove something to someone else then their motives are suspect but the same can be said about journals.

I don't think live calls prove much anyway. They are more of a bloody hinderance than anything, especially to the person calling them.

I might trade 6-7 times per day but i bet my average live post per day is less than 1 per day. I only put them up when i have loads of time so i know they don't interfere adversely with my thought processes.

Absolutely. Very easy to fake as well, there's plenty of scam threads around based on this.

The same can be said about journals, and they're much easier to fiddle which makes half of them a waste of time...

Good point. Going beyond this though, to me at least, it just doesn't seem like the normal behaviour of somebody trading a real account. Strange:confused:

I don't understand why someone would predetermine to only make one trade per day regardless of market conditions but one persons rationale is another persons bewilderment it seems...

There is nothing wrong with journals, but i personally just wouldn't have the motivation to learn from it in the same way.

Iive and let live guys...:)

Do royal trades appear in a special text and colour on the tape?

Indeed - you can see the monarch placed 10 contracts at the market, identified using the same regal green as her outfit using x_traders special 'regal order indicator' feature.

I assumed this was also a feature on Ninjatrader too.

Attachments

• Regal_DOM.png
    Regal_DOM.png
    115 KB · Views: 160
Absolutely. Very easy to fake as well, there's plenty of scam threads around based on this.
]

how do you fake a live trade out of interest? (I must be being silly)
It's all time-stamped and stuff, and people can check the market price against the the time of the post,no?

Anyway, it's nice having an ES thread here.
The main reason I have spent more time on elitetrader in the past is mainly due to the 'ESjournal' which has lots and lots of ES traders calling their trades.

I like both hindsight charts and realtime trades, personally. For me, realtime trades are the only way for me to know whether the person trading is actually any good, and I like to know who is actually good so that I know who to listen too to learn from, lol.

Anyway, hope to join on this thread when I get time, but at the moment due to working fulltime, im only able to post live trades in the forex thread which I do from time to time.

Iive and let live guys...:)

I wholeheartedly agree splashy. I think the point we were talking about was about keeping the thread pretty relaxed rather than it having a specific purpose for live calls/journals/lulz/whatever. The common theme is that participants are focussed on ES and other indices rather than FX.

Anyway, hope to join on this thread when I get time, but at the moment due to working fulltime, im only able to post live trades in the forex thread which I do from time to time.

If you've got questions, just ask dude. We all trade differently and the point of us sharing stuff is so we can learn some shizzle from each other.

Dinos always used to churn out a profit of 10 pips per day regular as clockwork.
Hasn't changed.

Morning all

3:30am CNY HSBC Flash Manufacturing PMI 48.1 48.4
7:00am CHF Trade Balance 2.48B 1.97B 1.26B
8:00am EUR French Flash Manufacturing PMI 45.3 44.6 44.7
8:00am EUR French Flash Services PMI 47.3 45.1 45.1
8:30am EUR German Flash Manufacturing PMI 44.7 45.3 45.2
8:30am EUR German Flash Services PMI 50.3 51.6 51.8
9:00am EUR Current Account 4.6B 7.3B 10.3B
9:00am EUR Flash Manufacturing PMI 44.8 44.9 45.1
9:00am EUR Flash Services PMI 46.8 46.5 46.7
9:30am GBP Retail Sales m/m 1.1% -2.3%
Tentative GBP 10-y Bond Auction 2.22|1.9
11:00am GBP CBI Industrial Order Expectations -19 -17
1:30pm CAD Core Retail Sales m/m 0.2% 0.1%
1:30pm CAD Retail Sales m/m 0.3% 0.4%
1:30pm USD Unemployment Claims 381K 386K
2:00pm USD Flash Manufacturing PMI 53.4 54.0
3:00pm EUR Consumer Confidence -20 -19
3:00pm USD Existing Home Sales 4.58M 4.62M
3:00pm USD Philly Fed Manufacturing Index 0.7 -5.8
3:00pm USD CB Leading Index m/m 0.2% -0.1%
3:00pm USD HPI m/m 0.5% 1.8%
3:30pm USD Natural Gas Storage 64B 67B
4:45pm CAD BOC Gov Carney Speaks
5:00pm EUR ECB President Draghi Speaks
6:30pm GBP MPC Member Weale Speaks
11:45pm NZD Visitor Arrivals m/m 0.8%

Right, that's me done for today. See you guys tomorrow.

136648d1337320454-s-p-500-other-indexes-intraday-plus-chat-queen-long-es.png

You think she's got a throne....

Well look @ this one....

IMAG0676.jpg

No - that's not a saline drip on the wall - that's the first course. Second course is the coffee on the cistern....

Lost 2.3kgs on the first day which means (according to the nurse) that I was full of sh1t.

Who'd have thought?

Have you had a colonic? Seriously? What are you doing DT? This is punishment not holiday!!!

Actually - it's on colonic a day for 7 days & no food - but you get a juice in the AM & lunchtime & some soup in the evening.

Plus long walks, yoga, meditation and last night I did an hour kick boxing. Will hit the gym tonight 'cause my right leg is all bruised...

It's a healthy thing to do... :cheesy:

Actually - it's on colonic a day for 7 days & no food - but you get a juice in the AM & lunchtime & some soup in the evening.

Plus long walks, yoga, meditation and last night I did an hour kick boxing. Will hit the gym tonight 'cause my right leg is all bruised...

It's a healthy thing to do... :cheesy:

I get all of it apart from the colonic per day bit.

The prospect of being flushed out like a central heating system makes me shudder.

I now understand how the throne is used - unusual.....

colonic-irrigation-main.jpg

I get all of it apart from the colonic per day bit.

The prospect of being flushed out like a central heating system makes me shudder.

I now understand how the throne is used - unusual.....

colonic-irrigation-main.jpg

Very efficient abortion clinic, Rob,...straight down the loo.