S&P 500 & other indexes - intraday. Plus chat

:) 2nd of my 2 daily trades on the CAC trade for the day. Usual set up, 1st confirming trade after US open. 2nd HA trending candle after it has crossed my trade line.(The doji at 14:35 giving pre warning something was possibly about to happen). R1 was in play as well

Ticket as per usual rules, set for +/- 10 pips. Both trades in for +20 pips on the day.

Good one Dinos as usual.
What moving average line are you using currently ?
Looks very smooth ?

The commission is the same on the cash S&P 500 ,as to the future S&P 500
Why would one prefer the future ? It is usually about 5 points different and can change from above to below in a second. Quite why it changes is anybodys guess imho.

The futures is ES - a real contract traded on the CME, with real and indisputable prices, not to mention awesome liquidity. If you're trading cash you're trading some bucket shop's made up instrument where the prices are whatever they feel like it.

It's actually not quite that bad, but you get the idea.

Triangular MA set at 9, really a double smoothed SMA, moves in waves, as you say, very smooth, irons out potential false singles the SMA might give. Works very well with HA Candles

I find using EMA's or weighted MA's prone to giving to many false signals.

The futures is ES - a real contract traded on the CME, with real and indisputable prices, not to mention awesome liquidity. If you're trading cash you're trading some bucket shop's made up instrument where the prices are whatever they feel like it.

It's actually not quite that bad, but you get the idea.

Really ?
I thought it was the other way around !

What system are you using ?
The buy / sell arrows look to be in the right places !

There is no system, Pat. The meat of it is PA, and the big/round/fractional prices are only used as a means of simplification/indication.

Anyone can apply the price markers. The PA may take a little study time before a person gets the hang of it.

IMHO, all of this needs to be related back to the tape, for a good indepth understanding. D-Toast, has made some excellent posts on the subject of tape/DOM/T&S. Where is Toastie, by the way?

There is no system, Pat. The meat of it is PA, and the big/round/fractional prices are only used as a means of simplification/indication.

Anyone can apply the price markers. The PA may take a little study time before a person gets the hang of it.

IMHO, all of this needs to be related back to the tape, for a good indepth understanding. D-Toast, has made some excellent posts on the subject of tape/DOM/T&S. Where is Toastie, by the way?

PA = ?

Having another colonic I expect ?

End of day colonic probably.

Right, no trades for me today. It's now outside yesterdays range so don't feel comfortable with anything now.

Right, no trades for me today. It's now outside yesterdays range so don't feel comfortable with anything now.

I sold NQ at 2606.75 at 2:45. I trailed my stop down and left it at break even.

At 3:50 I was clipped out by 4 ticks. I actually could have re-entered almost straight afterwards, but didn't collect my thoughts in time. Slightly lower entry, but much tighter stop.

Now it's around 2585.

Thank you for the compliment, sweetheart.

I'm on a holiday, which involves putting large amounts of coffee up your bum.

Not trading because of this but still missing you all dearly. I did watch the 10am number - wtf happened with that survey? So 250 guys at factories were a bit miserable this month, weather was a bit crappy in Philly, their team lost a ball game and the local police shut down all the high clase wh0re houses. And because of these guys feeling a bit crappy, the market drops..... Madness....

Looks like the thread is gathering pace too with more members... Kewl

I sold NQ at 2606.75 at 2:45. I trailed my stop down and left it at break even.

At 3:50 I was clipped out by 4 ticks. I actually could have re-entered almost straight afterwards, but didn't collect my thoughts in time. Slightly lower entry, but much tighter stop.

Now it's around 2585.

I missed the opening swing high on ES that touched 52.50.

I then didn't trust going long around 43.00.

Both would have been good trades. Just not firing on all cylinders today. Having a bit of a purple patch this week. Debating whether to trade tomorrow.

@Dinos - incidentally, the way you trade has made me realise something that occurs for me but I had not considered until now (well at least not consciously).

That is one of the longer trends.
I took a 2 pt bite but have been wondering why I jumped out for the last 2 hours.

Attachments

• S&P 500.PNG
    S&P 500.PNG
    116.9 KB · Views: 130