S&P 500 & other indexes - intraday. Plus chat

1st CAC trade of the day, same system and time periods as yesterday (2nd HA trending candle ahead of my trade line), bit of a long slow drag this am. Trade was usual +/- 10 pips.

Next trade will be the 1st set up after the US Open, :sleep::sleep: Time for a nap:sleep:

Just posting to highlight the entry set up within specified time periods (as analysed and back tested) can given consistent results, cutting out over trading taking every signal and making trading fairly stress free. :)

Attachments

• p3.jpg
    p3.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 213
1st CAC trade of the day, same system and time periods as yesterday (2nd HA trending candle ahead of my trade line), bit of a long slow drag this am. Trade was usual +/- 10 pips. Next trade will be the 1st set up after the US Open.

Just posting to highlight the entry set up within specified time periods (as analysed and back tested) can given consistent results, cutting out over trading taking every signal and making trading fairly stress free.
:)

Is this ultimately how you do it Dinos? No discretion, no selection?

How do you exit?

Have you distilled it down to something this simple and mechanical?

Does it work only with the CAC? How does it perform with ES or Dax?

@kimo - did you decide to enter because 43 held again and it cleared 45, all before 9.30am GMT?

Is this ultimately how you do it Dinos? No discretion, no selection?

How do you exit?

Have you distilled it down to something this simple and mechanical?

Does it work only with the CAC? How does it perform with ES or Dax?

Robster, deal ticket is set for +/- 10, and yes as simple at that and for the system to work and get the accurate results to build my database which gave me the comfortable base from which to trade, I take every set up that confirms. No system can be 100% as you know, but this has a very high success rate, hence the R&R of 1:1, I look to take the first confirming trade on or after 9am and 2,30 pm

I've being like most, had charts, with MACD, Stoch, CCi , RSI, trend lines etc etc, charts looked great, but so damn difficult to interpret. I only trade the 5 minute charts, and any time frame greater than than is of no value to me

I find the use of HA candles so beneficial and easy on the eye, and it should work on other, had a quick glance at EU, that confirmed long at 9:30 & 1.2658 and the high of that move so far is 1.2686. Works equally as good on the DOW and I see no reason why it shouldn't won't work on other things, you'd just need to do your homework and assess I guess:)

Robster, deal ticket is set for +/- 10, and yes as simple at that and for the system to work and get the accurate results to build my database which gave me the comfortable base from which to trade, I take every set up that confirms. No system can be 100% as you know, but this has a very high success rate, hence the R&R of 1:1, I look to take the first confirming trade on or after 9am and 2,30 pm

I've being like most, had charts, with MACD, Stoch, CCi , RSI, trend lines etc etc, charts looked great, but so damn difficult to interpret. I only trade the 5 minute charts, and any time frame greater than than is of no value to me

I find the use of HA candles so beneficial and easy on the eye, and it should work on other, had a quick glance at EU, that confirmed long at 9:30 & 1.2658 and the high of that move so far is 1.2686. Works equally as good on the DOW and I see no reason why it shouldn't won't work on other things, you'd just need to do your homework and assess I guess:)

I think what strikes me about the trades you have posted up is the almost gallic smoothness of the CAC and how such a simple mechanism must benefit from a less volatile index ( I am comparing to the relative lunacy of ES).

I had a few punts on the CAC on a spreadbetting account with very low stakes and found it a difficult read because it seemed to suffer from less noise compared to ES.

I do admire that you have distilled trade execution to something this simple. Maybe I'm just in that phase of trading development where I *need* to feel engaged and connected to the market in order to perform well.

On a scale of calmness/orderliness of the regular participants on this thread I sense it is something like:

<batsh1t crazy> ---->Rob<-------------------------------------------------------------->DT/Pat<---------->Kimo<-------->Dinos<------ <Zen-like>

1st CAC trade of the day, same system and time periods as yesterday (2nd HA trending candle ahead of my trade line), bit of a long slow drag this am. Trade was usual +/- 10 pips.

Next trade will be the 1st set up after the US Open, :sleep::sleep: Time for a nap:sleep:

Just posting to highlight the entry set up within specified time periods (as analysed and back tested) can given consistent results, cutting out over trading taking every signal and making trading fairly stress free. :)

interesting...
i have a mechanical system that i trade DAX and ftse with a degree of success but sometimes the stops can be a little more than i'm comfortable with, especially on DAX. Maybe i should be looking at CAC in its place. :smart:

interesting...
i have a mechanical system that i trade DAX and ftse with a degree of success but sometimes the stops can be a little more than i'm comfortable with, especially on DAX. Maybe i should be looking at CAC in its place. :smart:

Any examples?

Try some firewalking DT

Apparently it is a lot less painful if you are a light weight

Attachments

• fire_walking.jpg
    fire_walking.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 128
@ Rob. If only i was that 'Zennish', if only.

LOL - maybe it's just because I'm the only one that posts up the thought process as well as the entry/exit. I assume all other participants enter, go off and make a cup of tea, wait for the alert to trigger that they're target has been hit as a signal to turn off their monitors and make a nice martini.

@Dino. Do you have any contact with Firewalker99, these days? I personally thought he was a damned fine trader. Although i did catch him trying to pull the wool occassionally, hehe.

A snapshot of the 2.30pm part of the database, of the last 20 trading days for the CAC, currently my most accurate period on a 20 run winning sequence, you can see the varying % success rate per pips, I've never being one to want to go on a mega pips run, I much prefer to get in and out the market asap.

This represents the data for the 1st confirming trade at or after the US 2.30pm open, I have removed the £per pip, (as that's personal info).

I did this for every period, over a long period to establish, the most accurate trading periods, selected the 2 periods that offered me the opportunity to established a simple yet effective system

It enables me to have complete confidence in entering a trade.

Last edited:
LOL - maybe it's just because I'm the only one that posts up the thought process as well as the entry/exit. I assume all other participants enter, go off and make a cup of tea, wait for the alert to trigger that they're target has been hit as a signal to turn off their monitors and make a nice martini.

I suppose in a perfect world everything should run smoothly, even losses. I like the round numbers for a very simple reason, they help prevent indecision, and ease the task of discarding what isn't needed.

@Dino. Do you have any contact with Firewalker99, these days? I personally thought he was a damned fine trader. Although i did catch him trying to pull the wool occassionally, hehe.

Not heard a peep from him for years.

interesting...

Splashy, my take on the DAX this am, my entries per my set up if I had being trading it. You can see the consistency with my CAC set up

Attachments

• d1.jpg
    d1.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 144