4:00am NZD Credit Card Spending y/y 3.9% 3.7%
8:30am CHF SNB Quarterly Bulletin
9:00am EUR German Ifo Business Climate 106.1 106.9
All Day EUR ECOFIN Meetings
1:30pm CAD Core CPI m/m 0.3% 0.4%
1:30pm CAD CPI m/m 0.2% 0.4%
2:00pm EUR Belgium NBB Business Climate -11.8 -11.2

Not much today

Here is the current S&P 500 CASH chart !!

plus projection

Attachments

• S&P 500.PNG
    S&P 500.PNG
    121.8 KB · Views: 129
I have been looking back at my forecasts for the end of daily figures. Not very good really. Have to re-assess the situation.

Increased bank lending by printing yet more money is on the cards according to Bob Parker.

Steroids for a sick horse ?

Anyone awake out there ?

I expect Rob is nursing a sore head.

No - not too bad as I ate some food whilst I was out. I've been up since 6.00am as usual.

Intrigued by the outside RTH trading on ES I had a little tinker with 1 lot this morning.

The combination of Dinos' trading and you and Kimo trading ES during the European session has awakened a possible trade idea as well as positively reinforcing something I do in RTH.

So thanks boys :cool:

No - not too bad as I ate some food whilst I was out. I've been up since 6.00am as usual.

Intrigued by the outside RTH trading on ES I had a little tinker with 1 lot this morning.

The combination of Dinos' trading and you and Kimo trading ES during the European session has awakened a possible trade idea as well as positively reinforcing something I do in RTH.

So thanks boys :cool:

Hope it works out

Hope it works out

Closed out with a 4 tick profit before commissions. Basically mean reversion from the European RTH-H back to VPOC at 22.00 area. I can see the best trade was at 8:03am GMT this morning long on the ON-L.

The longer you leave it after the open , the lower the confidence of the trade working out so you adjust your target accordingly.

So the one I have just taken was short at 1223.75 and covered when it seemed to be struggling to get to the VPOC at 1322.00 with an exit at 1322.75

Closed out with a 4 tick profit before commissions. Basically mean reversion from the European RTH-H back to VPOC at 22.00 area. I can see the best trade was at 8:03am GMT this morning long on the ON-L.

The longer you leave it after the open , the lower the confidence of the trade working out so you adjust your target accordingly.

So the one I have just taken was short at 1223.75 and covered when it seemed to be struggling to get to the VPOC at 1322.00 with an exit at 1322.75

Good stuff. Not done anything this AM, just waiting to see what happens. As for pre-session trading on the ES, i can't really think of any issues that would affect small size traders like ourselves. I personally find session only trading an inconvenience, what with work commitments and family life.

Anyone awake out there.

Yep, I'm here, just being focussing on my 9am trade. Update, same rules as already mentioned, I've highlighted on the chart, the stop and limit, it took a wobble mid move, but only went 1/2 a pip below my entry.

3 days posting now, same system and same time based entries, 5 trades, 5 wins so far. Next trade the 1st confirming set up after the US Open.

I like simplicity, and for me this is it, nothing exciting, buts it my only income, so I like consistency and the rewards it gives me, don't like risk.

I'll post this afternoons trade, but I'll post charts once next week on Friday , don't want to bog down the thread with meaningless charts.

Attachments

• P1.jpg
    P1.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 233
When I was studying the CAC, I broke it down hour by hour, turned out the 9am and 2.30 pm periods, offered the most consistent and reliable moves.

So, best not try and make the data fit what I wanted to see, simply followed what the data told me it did, if that makes sense.

Last edited:
When I was studying the CAC, I broke it down hour by hour, turned out the 9am and 2.30 pm periods, offered the most consistent and reliable moves.

So, best not try and make the data fit what I wanted to see, simply followed what the data told me it did, if that makes sense.

Yes perfect sense
tks

4:00am NZD Credit Card Spending y/y 3.9% 3.7%
8:30am CHF SNB Quarterly Bulletin
9:00am EUR German Ifo Business Climate 106.1 106.9
All Day EUR ECOFIN Meetings
1:30pm CAD Core CPI m/m 0.3% 0.4%
1:30pm CAD CPI m/m 0.2% 0.4%
2:00pm EUR Belgium NBB Business Climate -11.8 -11.2

Not much today

Today is a huge day Pat.

It's Quadruple Witching day.

Volatility will be huge I expect, same as yesterday.
Quadruple Witching Definition | Investopedia

Here's a similar such day from a while back (from the beat the broker thread)
Dow cash chart attached.

Attachments

• being%20right%20is%20not%20enough.gif
    being%20right%20is%20not%20enough.gif
    17.1 KB · Views: 123
ES wise, i'd like to see it pop over 1325.00, drop back through, i may then have a pop at 1322.50 on the short side. Waffle.