S&P 500 & other indexes - intraday. Plus chat

ES 09-12 (5 Min)  20_06_2012 stop to be.jpg

And stop to B/E.

Missed the high at 53 - wasn't close enough to 54 for my likes so didn't trust it. that and the re-test of 48.00 have been the only viable trades today but neither looked nice.

still waiting.

Last edited:
My second CAC trade of the day, same format as the morning trade (charts posted earlier). Taking the 1st set up after the US Open entering on the 2nd Heiken Ashi trending candle ahead of my trade line. Target was +10, trade length 25 mins.

2 Trades today, same set up, same outcome, +10 pips from each trade 20 pips for the day

Finished trading for the day, just the way I like, wait and let the trade to me:)

Attachments

• p2.jpg
    p2.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 201
4 ticks bagged. That was hard work. Post up in a minute. This is going to take a lot of explaining as it's a very specific type of trade I do very, very rarely.

a. ONH 1354.50, ONL 1346.00
b. NVPOC's at 1351 and 1358
c. ON VPOC at 1349.25
d. Confluence of yesterday's high at 1357 with NVPOC
e. Confluence of ONL with S/R at 1346.00
f. 252k CBAVOL, OAIR, really low volume
g. Up, hit 53, come on. Selling off now. Missed the short entry for that. Wasn't comfortable taking it that far from the ONH. Another couple of ticks and maybe
h. Seems to be struggling around 48, not sure of relevance of this level
i. Climbing again now, maybe a run for the high
j. Nope, turned down and heading south, maybe will go for a test of low. Low volumes today.
k. OK so it's loitering around 48 again - don't feel convinced by this.
l. Missed that one too.
m. Heading towards 4pm. Interest rate decision at 17:30 and FOMC at 19:00
n. It is not chopping around the VPOC which is at 49.25 but it looks like it is distributing
o. Short, market order at 1348.75 @ 16:04GMT (1) at 1 x risk.
p. I have taken this on the premise it will rotate further down.
q. Wrong - it's coming back to the VPOC and crossed it.
r. Struggling around 50, if this is churning around the VPOC I can play ping pong too.
s. Short, market order at 1349.75 @ 16:12 GT (2) at 1 x risk. Average price now 1349.25 @ 2 x risk.
t. Now I am looking for rotation around the NVPOC of 0.5pts to get 4 ticks, albeit with increased commission.
u. As it is now way past 4pm, I do not trust any tests of the 46 and 54 areas hence I have changed how I am trading - to take advantage of a choppy market where price rotates in small gyrations around the VPOC under low volumes whilst everybody waits for the news.
v. OK, there is blows, out market order at 1348.75 @ 16:58 GMT
w. 4 ticks profit before commissions
x. MAE, 4 ticks from average, MFE 42 ticks, exit efficiency 10%
y. Best trade, probably test of RTH-L for about 12 ticks.
z. Tricky conditions today.

Attachments

• ES210620.png
    ES210620.png
    54.3 KB · Views: 209
Last edited:
I just made a chicken korma for lunch but instead of adding in cream/coconut cream I used 1/4 of a tin of tomato soup. It was outrageously good and a moment of culinary genius even if I declare this myself.

Mrs & kids are back from Italy on Saturday. Normal eating habits will resume.

Well done m8, you have just reinvented a Masala :LOL:

Chicken Tikka Masala (not to be confused with Tarka Masala) which is just (h)otter. :LOL:

Ingredients
1 cup yogurt
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
4 teaspoons salt, or to taste
3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
4 long skewers

1 tablespoon butter
1 clove garlic, minced
1 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
2 teaspoons ground cumin
2 teaspoons paprika
3 teaspoons salt, or to taste
1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce (tomato soup)
1 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro

Hells teeth! That was the quickest full clip i've blown in a while. That signals the end of my trading day.

u. As it is now way past 4pm, I do not trust any tests of the 46 and 54 areas hence I have changed how I am trading - to take advantage of a choppy market where price rotates in small gyrations around the VPOC under low volumes whilst everybody waits for the news.

A fuller view of how it evolved in the pic.

I wanted to get out before the news. If I had stayed in, I would have been congratulating myself but tbh, there is no way I'll take a punt on Fed days just because you have no idea which way the news will go. Big boys are trying to kill each other by the looks of it. 60k contracts traded at 17:32 :eek:

Attachments

• 120620ES_Thin_Market_Example.png
    120620ES_Thin_Market_Example.png
    109.6 KB · Views: 187
Big drop

As my sat signal has gone with the rain, I guess it was pretty bad news ?

Well done m8, you have just reinvented a Masala :LOL:

Chicken Tikka Masala (not to be confused with Tarka Masala) which is just (h)otter. :LOL:

Ingredients
1 cup yogurt
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
4 teaspoons salt, or to taste
3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
4 long skewers

1 tablespoon butter
1 clove garlic, minced
1 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
2 teaspoons ground cumin
2 teaspoons paprika
3 teaspoons salt, or to taste
1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce (tomato soup)
1 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro

Fnck me C_V - I'm a culinary fncking genius!!

ES 09-12 (1 Min)  20_06_2012 1347.5.jpg

Lol. In the interests of 1347.50. It got me a B/E day in the end.:LOL: I know i said it was the last trade, but when theres money on the table...

My second CAC trade of the day, same format as the morning trade (charts posted earlier). Taking the 1st set up after the US Open entering on the 2nd Heiken Ashi trending candle ahead of my trade line. Target was +10, trade length 25 mins.

2 Trades today, same set up, same outcome, +10 pips from each trade 20 pips for the day

Finished trading for the day, just the way I like, wait and let the trade to me:)

Excellent work. You make it look very easy. I bet it isn't really.