S&P 500 & other indexes - intraday. Plus chat

Julian Assange takes refuge in Ecuador embassy !

I expect some big knobs are sweating bricks with him telling stories.

I don't think live calls prove much anyway. They are more of a bloody hinderance than anything, especially to the person calling them.

Absolutely. Very easy to fake as well, there's plenty of scam threads around based on this.

Does Martin Sorrel's 60% pay rise on £7million constitute fair reward for effort

or

the unacceptable face of selfish greed ?

Good point. Going beyond this though, to me at least, it just doesn't seem like the normal behaviour of somebody trading a real account. Strange:confused:

Well, I'd tend to agree with you, although there are exceptions I'm sure. I'm only interested in making money and making live calls is simply a distraction - I have done it in the past on another forum, but that was before I began taking it seriously.

I just made a chicken korma for lunch but instead of adding in cream/coconut cream I used 1/4 of a tin of tomato soup. It was outrageously good and a moment of culinary genius even if I declare this myself.

Mrs & kids are back from Italy on Saturday. Normal eating habits will resume.

Well, I'd tend to agree with you, although there are exceptions I'm sure. I'm only interested in making money and making live calls is simply a distraction - I have done it in the past on another forum, but that was before I began taking it seriously.

It's hard enough posting them up retrospectively IMO. I do like looking at other people's trades though as a source of new trading ideas.

It's hard enough posting them up retrospectively IMO. I do like looking at other people's trades though as a source of new trading ideas.

The WHY of it, is the interesting part imho
Can I somehow incorporate bits from here and there to improve ? Not easy.

I'm only interested in making money and making live calls is simply a distraction - I have done it in the past on another forum, but that was before I began taking it seriously.

Perhaps we ( on this thread ) could make some future observations :-

like, if such and such happens in the next x minutes then I'm long

i.e. leading up to a profitable trade . setting the stage !!

That leaves one free to trade it if or when it happens.

You mean 'Why does anybody post up a trade' or 'Why did they take that trade'?

'Why did they take that trade'?[/

methodology rather than past history.
No probs if anyone wants to do it some other way though.

'Why did they take that trade'?[/

methodology rather than past history.
No probs if anyone wants to do it some other way though.

I agree with you. Often it gives me ideas that augment my market understanding rather than specifically looking for additional set-ups. You never stop learning do you......

I'm looking at 46 and 54 areas today. 50/51 is where most of yesterdays volume traded and it struggled to make it below here on 3-4 relatively heavy attempts by the looks of it.

Gap close at 50.50 as well..

Attachments

• 120619KimoES.png
    120619KimoES.png
    94.2 KB · Views: 237
Last edited:
Perhaps we ( on this thread ) could make some future observations :-

like, if such and such happens in the next x minutes then I'm long

i.e. leading up to a profitable trade . setting the stage !!

That leaves one free to trade it if or when it happens.

This would perform 2 useful functions

1. helps the poster to get their ideas into a good order
2. might help others to spot the whys and wherefores of a trade looming large

This would perform 2 useful functions

1. helps the poster to get their ideas into a good order
2. might help others to spot the whys and wherefores of a trade looming large

Why dont you start looking at the ES, pat. That way, we're all using the same hymn book at least. Just a thought, don't mean to pressure anyone.

For me, its what I'm comfortable with, I personally like the steady non volatile movement of the French Markets

ES 09-12 (5 Min)  20_06_2012 entry.jpg

Here's one for today. May be a bit premature this one, but basically i'm using PA with 1350.00 and 1347.50.