9:30am GBP HPI y/y -0.1% -0.4%
10:00am EUR German ZEW Economic Sentiment 3.8 10.8
10:00am EUR ZEW Economic Sentiment -5.7 -2.4
1:30pm CAD Wholesale Sales m/m 0.4% 0.4%
1:30pm USD Building Permits 0.73M 0.72M
1:30pm USD Housing Starts 0.72M 0.72M

Day 2 ALL G20 Meetings
11:45pm NZD Current Account -1.14B -2.76B

So I was thinking about yesterdays loser and deconstructing it. This is what happened.

- Prepared, focussed, run through scenarios, engaged, ready to participate
- Distracted, tried to ignore
- Focus lost, got rid of the distraction
- Came back at 14:34 saw that some buying pressure had occurred but as I had not been watching DOM/T&S felt that it would have been a punt to participate
- Decided not to participate
- Watched it take off, therefore validating my original trade assertion around 1328
- Got annoyed
- Impulse traded the RTH-H even though I had not seen any evidence to go short
- It goes off-side, I kick into a normal behaviour or risk mgmt and take the 8 tick loss
- I think about taking another trade, recognise this is all emotionally driven and shut up shop before I did something stupid.

What should have happened:

- Missed the trade
- Wait for the short around 38
- Watch it go offside a bit further but without legs
- Take the short with some confirmation
- Take some money off the table

So kids, emotionally charged trading is not good for your bank balance.

Betty's dress

Pink/black
eeerrrm not her best

She looks great in emerald green imho

Rubbish couple of days for me,saw one good entry this am at the pivot but missed it as was doing something and no other trade set ups geez trading is boring on days like this but must remember trading is not entertainment :)

Rubbish couple of days for me,saw one good entry this am at the pivot but missed it as was doing something and no other trade set ups geez trading is boring on days like this but must remember trading is not entertainment :)

I am long

Attachments

• S&P 500.PNG
    S&P 500.PNG
    113.3 KB · Views: 153
First of all.. still can't quite believe England won the group, how did we pull that off! :clap:

Onto business... still no index action for me this week, still having fun with Softs.. and what a week for it.

Just closed my long Wheat trade out for +47 points and got Soybeans that I opened last night still running, think this has a little further to go. Wish I could show you some clever reason as to why I went long... but its mainly fundamental. Bad weather, less supply, more demand.. it was just a matter of time. Option expiry this Friday though so will be wary but I think this one has a bit further to go so am letting the whole position run for now, will probably take half off the table soon.

Anyway,let me try not to go off topic too much. Got 'potential QE' circus in town again tomorrow, so lets see what brings... will no doubt be volatile and should provide some good setups!

Attachments

• soy19062012.png
    soy19062012.png
    34.8 KB · Views: 136
Last edited: