S&P 500 & other indexes - intraday. Plus chat

re: S&P 500 & other indexes - intraday. Plus chat

I think though one needs to be able to evaluate the price action in context not only carefully but also quickly. I do it sometimes, but I'm pretty cautious about it and only get involved if it has a cherry on top.

My entries are a bit more risky as you see from my thread. I gun more for trade location over trade confirmation and then use trade mgmt to get myself out of trouble with a view to generating a profit if another key level confirms my suspicion. Or I get run over from time to time :eek:

Sellers coming in at 52.50, now would be a good time to profit take.

An Apology

My earlier comment "1353 hit. Good call Robster" may have given the impression that I considered that an appropriate place to take profits. Of course this is incorrect and what I meant was:

"Pussy. It will go to 1355 at least.

Bad call, Robster."

Seems to have a "second wind" with more upside. 1353 was just slowing for a breather.

re: Intra day S&P 500

I'm BACK!!!!

Not sure what they did but it involved calling CAT (from who they all lease international bandwidth) and now my internet is up to the task once more.

To celebrate, an ES trade....

Market moved up with a good push up in delta. We had a pullback of -1.75 points, move up to 1349.75 and so I'd be expecting a pullback to 1348 simply based on the fact this was the size of the last pullback.

As it comes down, eves on the DOM and saw a lot of selling into 1348.75 with no move through. Looked like it was holding.

I lifted the offer @ 1349 and market ticked down to 1348.50 after the entry.

T1.png

Got 1st & 2nd targets then left the rest to play into the news.

T1-2.png

T1-3.png

T1-4.png

Let's hope it holds up.... my connection, not the market...

I just had a look at my weekly forecast. It was yesterday's close of 1358. It hopefully won't reach 1369.1 though

i dont touch US stocks in the first 20 mins for that very reason, unless it is a gap play or an opening order value play.

I don't usually either
very sensible
I completely missed the run

A helluva day to be on the sidelines. I didn't have a realistic opportunity of getting in though.

Ho hum.

A helluva day to be on the sidelines. I didn't have a realistic opportunity of getting in though.

Ho hum.

Yes, but I know I would have got in about 45.50 and then got out at about 48.00 due to my complete inability to hold a trade for longer than the time it takes me to sneeze.

A spot of poker to recover imho
see you later

GOOD LAD! :)

Incidentally, we are talking of thread merge with Pat's S&P intraday thread in the general forum where all index futures tarders can hang around with each other in much the same way the FX crowd do, except with less panache, more sexually provocative imagery and of course, these:

130312d1330074496-averaging-down-losing-position-mean-reverting-situation-bishop-john-gives-his-blessing_articleimage.png

136128d1336485315-robsters-es-intraday-hotch-potch-nun-short-es.png

BTW Pedro - it was a classic OTD today, surprised you didn't wade in 3m into the session and then just watch it go.......

Was too scared Rob - didn't know if the connection would hold up...

Plus the missus deleted the kids homework by shutting down the PC without saving the doc... talk about tears!

Ain't that why I'm not having kids 'till I'm in my 30s. :LOL:

In any case, Rob, I'm starting to see a pattern. Why not put in a stop loss order once you get to 10 ticks profits to lock that in? You seem consistently able to hit this, but seem to let it slip to 4 ticks or thereabouts. I think your R:R would see a huge boost just through this.

Then again, I don't trade ES, so maybe this is an ES thing...

Ain't that why I'm not having kids 'till I'm in my 30s. :LOL:

In any case, Rob, I'm starting to see a pattern. Why not put in a stop loss order once you get to 10 ticks profits to lock that in? You seem consistently able to hit this, but seem to let it slip to 4 ticks or thereabouts. I think your R:R would see a huge boost just through this.

Then again, I don't trade ES, so maybe this is an ES thing...

It's the other way round. I measure MFE based upon 2 x the elapsed trade time so it is a theoretical max value had I sat on my hands for twice as long rather than getting there and pulling back.

So really what I should do is when I get itchy mouse-clicky finger, I should look at stopwatch of trade and then get out of chair and come back when it is double then close the position :eek:

My average trade size is 1.31 pts with a standard deviation of 0.62pts

An Apology

My earlier comment "1353 hit. Good call Robster" may have given the impression that I considered that an appropriate place to take profits. Of course this is incorrect and what I meant was:

"Pussy. It will go to 1355 at least.

Bad call, Robster."

It's ok Leonard (somehow it seems more fitting :whistling).

I bow down to your superior call of............

wait a minute, was that a high of 63.25 and now a VPOC formed around 59.25

You are no better than me you charlatan. :p:LOL:

I am in for a risky short.
It may need another pullback first though.

Attachments

• S&P 500.PNG
    S&P 500.PNG
    106.4 KB · Views: 155

well that was a very small profit but it looks that it may rise.

I'm waiting for a nice sell off towards end of day too ;)

Considering oil isn't too happy one would think markets would oblige. Instead they come up with some garbage about benefiting from lower oil prices.

Isn't that funny now. Really should go into the jokes section.

Do you think oil is falling because growth prospects look poor or Industry likely to do well because oil is cheap?