reminiscence of(yet) a (novice)trader

So if we want to create a trend following system, how do we determine the trend? Anyone?
When do we get in and when do we get out?

some people are like....**** drivers.those that dont give way but infact go out of their way and speed up to stop someone joining the road.guess they need what they percieve as these small victories.
me,im going back to basics.taking some of my own advice.
the road ahead is a lot clearer.

some people are like....**** drivers.those that dont give way but infact go out of their way and speed up to stop someone joining the road.guess they need what they percieve as these small victories.

You mean like the ones who take two lanes :mad:

It's because they're all out to get you mate !

Strange analogy, interesting, but........wait a minute, have you been in itspossible's meth lab ?

Some of us on here, including Fugaszy have been honest about the struggle of this game. You mention projection, which I agree we are all guilty of at times, but mostly what I see more of these days is people using the forum as a soundboard rather than projection platform for the "I went long here, there & everywhere" merchants, thankfully all that milarky is slowing down a bit.

I reckon more than three quarters of the people on this forum have no external help whatsoever, if you want to carry on without listening & take no advice, then fair play, maybe you have mates in the game you can trust more than a faceless forum.

Either way you may just have to jump that in front of that traffic jammer alot more while giving em the bird, one way of going with the flow I suppose !

so? lets say we trade only forex based on 60 and 240m TF, how we determine the trend?
Are we going to create a system together or are we going just to compare the length of our nose?

so? lets say we trade only forex based on 60 and 240m TF, how we determine the trend?
Are we going to create a system together or are we going just to compare the length of our nose?

Hey M, as I only do the you know who & only use 5 min 1 min confluence I can only say 1 hour & 4 hour are good for a quick overview glance.

For me the trend is all within a very small window, zooming out on a 1 or 4 hour gives me an overview on the big numbers, but it's taking me away from what is going on in the session I'm in, I end up waiting too long for an entry on these higher tf's.

For me at the end of the day it's all about the trickery, is there true general momentum ? & all the nuts & bolts you know well yourself.

As this is aggs thread, he'll need to give the Ok for going off page a little I guess.

Not sure I get the zig zags, am I being slow ?

Hope all good D.U

Hey M, as I only do the you know who & only use 5 min 1 min confluence I can only say 1 hour & 4 hour are good for a quick overview glance.

For me the trend is all within a very small window, zooming out on a 1 or 4 hour gives me an overview on the big numbers, but it's taking me away from what is going on in the session I'm in, I end up waiting too long for an entry on these higher tf's.

For me at the end of the day it's all about the trickery, is there true general momentum ? & all the nuts & bolts you know well yourself.

As this is aggs thread, he'll need to give the Ok for going off page a little I guess.

Not sure I get the zig zags, am I being slow ?

Hope all good D.U

All good here my gentle forum mate...

Yes it is aggs thread......Lets him be.........I was just giving words for thoughts.....

.......It will be difficult to trade positively if one does not recognize the market condition he/she is in.....

Beside trading with the trend is the most difficult thing to do but it is the best way to anticipate probability.....

Fugazy/tokyjoe knock yourselves out or you might be better off starting a new thread.
chart patterns are the same across all markets and I've traded all sorts but now only focus on the ftse for its 1point spread.1hr and 4hr would bore the pants off me,I prefer 2min/5min.
I need to do some work on my mental game and will be slowing down to speed up again.
Should I answer detractors.....£uc# u.im not interested in wrestling with you in your pig swill

Fugazy/tokyjoe knock yourselves out or you might be better off starting a new thread.
chart patterns are the same across all markets and I've traded all sorts but now only focus on the ftse for its 1point spread.1hr and 4hr would bore the pants off me,I prefer 2min/5min.
I need to do some work on my mental game and will be slowing down to speed up again.
Should I answer detractors.....£uc# u.im not interested in wrestling with you in your pig swill

At some point youve got to sort out your No1 priority in this. If its not 'To make money' theres a problem.
From what ive read so far youve a lot of defeating beliefs and psych going on. Itll be hard to progress until to get your arms around some of it.

Maybe I did not express myself properly or I have been misunderstood, surely my intention was not to wrestle but only to give some clues.... Anyway time for me to move on.....Gl luck with everything.

demo traders thinking they are better than paper traders and vice versa.they must be only ones trading at this time,dont think real traders would bother with the wider spreads.

At some point youve got to sort out your No1 priority in this. If its not 'To make money' theres a problem.
From what ive read so far youve a lot of defeating beliefs and psych going on. Itll be hard to progress until to get your arms around some of it.

my sole purpose is to make money.im not in this for the intellectual pursuit when all it is,is a game.And yes i am working on getting my arms around the psyche.

Maybe I did not express myself properly or I have been misunderstood, surely my intention was not to wrestle but only to give some clues.... Anyway time for me to move on.....Gl luck with everything.

calmarsi,avete capito male!

Eh ? ahh not again.... "detractors ... £uc# u"...."pig swill" ....assume this directed at someone else, or not ?

Ah well, good luck agg, you know best, I won't be posting on this thread again you'll be pleased to hear.

Good luck anyway mate.